[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Way too early 2018-2019 expectations...  (Read 18648 times)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: Way too early 2018-2019 expectations...
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2018, 06:29:26 AM »
I like you all.

I swung the old irons and woods around this past weekend, and let’s just say my back is a mess. So, I can’t sleep. It’s tough.

Then I come here and read these threads and it is like counting sheep. Wojo sucks. Give Wojo a chance. Wojo sucks. Give Wojo a chance. 5 little sheep. 6 little sheep. The butcher the baker and the candle stick maker. Getting sleepy.

Scotch is kicking in. Wojo sucks. Give Wojo a chance.

In sum, opinions are opinions and fact are facts except when sheep count opinions as facts. Oh, and fact: Wojo’s huddles on TV suck. Bad. Really bad.

7 sheep. Wojo sucks. Give Wojo a chance. 8 sheep. Benromach Single Malt. Wojo. 9 sheep.

Zzzzz.
Listen to this tired, crooked, drunken seer, he speaks truth.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2018, 07:48:55 AM »
Who will be here come September?
How will Sam recover from Surgery?
How will GE recover from Surgery?
How will Joey recover from Surgery?
How will transfer in?
Who will be the PG?

Until these questions are answered, impossible to predict how our season will play out.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2018, 08:09:46 AM »
How will transfer in?
Who will be the PG?

Until these questions are answered, impossible to predict how our season will play out.
The Hausers' health and need of a PG are the biggest factors IMO.  I can't see anyone other than Harry transferring prior to the season starting, but December is another thing;  there is an awfully large contingent of 3's and 4's for a finite amount of minutes, and it is impossible to satisfy 12 or 13 players with regard to the minutes they want to play.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

SVL4

• Walk-On
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2018, 08:14:07 AM »
I think we are getting way too far in the weeds with this one.  The way to win college basketball games is to have good players.  Is wojo bringing in good players?  Are the players that he brought in getting better?  If yes, the rest will work itself out.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2018, 08:26:30 AM »
I do admire the rainbows and unicorns world you live in.  Takes a solid bit of delusion to get there as it relates to Wojo, but, cheers to you for being blind to reality:  We have a mediocre coach.   

And once again, despite your self-bestowed expertise as "an observer of the human condition," you are once again wrong - I'm not a negative person at all.  Go back to my posting history when I joined the board and opined on Buzz.  You'll see I was full on bullish, optimistic and excited 3 months in.  I call it like I see it..and do so early.  Guys like you?  You "observe" for 4 years and still don't have a concrete position.  Sounds about right for a journalist.

You said my previous comment was opinion stated as fact because you didn't like it. TAMU called you out on your lie. Rather than apologize for lying - or even admit it - you changed the subject ... to make a personal attack. Classic Ners.

Character revealed ... for about the 1,000th time.

Is it true that after you were banned, you went over to Dodds' board and tortured them for a year or so?

What happened? Why did you come back to Scoop? Did you run out of people to antagonize there?

Or maybe you get some kind of masochistic pleasure out of dealing with us - you like constantly being called on your BS?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2018, 08:39:20 AM »
Is it true that after you were banned, you went over to Dodds' board and tortured them for a year or so?
He was banned there multiple times as well, and quickly.  Dodds doesn't have the saintly demeanor of the Scoop mods.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2018, 09:15:23 AM »
I think we are getting way too far in the weeds with this one.  The way to win college basketball games is to have good players.  Is wojo bringing in good players?  Are the players that he brought in getting better?  If yes, the rest will work itself out.

Damn, so succinct yet so true. The answer to both of those questions for me is I like the players he has brought in, and I like how they have improved.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2018, 09:40:27 AM »
Damn, so succinct yet so true. The answer to both of those questions for me is I like the players he has brought in, and I like how they have improved.
I think this is an important point.  There will always be grad transfers and Jucos out there, but being able to keep your own high school recruits and develop them is a very large aspect of building a successful program.  Wojo didn't start out too hot in that aspect but I think he has grown.  Only looking at his high school recruits his classes go:

Sandy-Transferred

Henry-Went pro
Haanif-Transferred
Traci-Transferred
Matt- Exactly who we though he'd be, certainly wasn't the gem of that class
Sacar- I think he's slightly underperformed, I certainly hoped he would have been a better offensive player coming off a red shirt year, but he will be a fourth year Junior and that is valuable.

Markus-Stud
Sam-Stud

Jamal-Potential
Greg-Potential
Theo-Potential
Ike- Question mark

No one from the 16 class is going anywhere, and every player from the 17 class averaged double digit minutes and has shown flashes of being good.  Being able to keep them for four years and develop them for four years will be key.  Along with the 18 class. Having a decent class sandwiched between a great class and a potentially great class, and being able to keep everyone is a big step in building a good program not just a good team.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
I think this is an important point.  There will always be grad transfers and Jucos out there, but being able to keep your own high school recruits and develop them is a very large aspect of building a successful program.  Wojo didn't start out too hot in that aspect but I think he has grown.  Only looking at his high school recruits his classes go:

Sandy-Transferred

Henry-Went pro
Haanif-Transferred
Traci-Transferred
Matt- Exactly who we though he'd be, certainly wasn't the gem of that class
Sacar- I think he's slightly underperformed, I certainly hoped he would have been a better offensive player coming off a red shirt year, but he will be a fourth year Junior and that is valuable.

Markus-Stud
Sam-Stud

Jamal-Potential
Greg-Potential
Theo-Potential
Ike- Question mark

No one from the 16 class is going anywhere, and every player from the 17 class averaged double digit minutes and has shown flashes of being good.  Being able to keep them for four years and develop them for four years will be key.  Along with the 18 class. Having a decent class sandwiched between a great class and a potentially great class, and being able to keep everyone is a big step in building a good program not just a good team.

I dont disagree with the relative ratings...but I would actually change your stud's to potential.  Here is my rationale - when I think stud, I think of stars that can take over the game consistently - Jimmy Butler, Jae, Wes (sr year), Dom (early career), Travis, Lazar....

They have the potential to get there, but today they aren't quite there.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »
I dont disagree with the relative ratings...but I would actually change your stud's to potential.  Here is my rationale - when I think stud, I think of stars that can take over the game consistently - Jimmy Butler, Jae, Wes (sr year), Dom (early career), Travis, Lazar....

They have the potential to get there, but today they aren't quite there.
Fair enough.  I think the point I was trying to make is that the offense will be focused around them and they will be the first two names on the scouting report, they will be the faces of the team.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2018, 09:57:51 AM »
My expectations for next year are simple:

March Madness (NCAA), not March Sadnesstm (NIT).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2018, 11:08:19 AM »
Of course you wouldn't. Because you are, at heart, a negative person.

Rough way to go through life. Glad that's not me!

Go Marquette!

You said my previous comment was opinion stated as fact because you didn't like it. TAMU called you out on your lie. Rather than apologize for lying - or even admit it - you changed the subject ... to make a personal attack. Classic Ners.

Character revealed ... for about the 1,000th time.

What happened? Why did you come back to Scoop? Did you run out of people to antagonize there?

Or maybe you get some kind of masochistic pleasure out of dealing with us - you like constantly being called on your BS?

You are a real piece of work 82. Saying we don't know what Wojo will be is an opinion.  We have 4 years of data.  As for TAMU's silly point that we cannot predict the future - duh.  Yet in personnel decisions you rely on past performance as a predictor of future results.  You won't find me saying fire Wojo now.  I've said he gets next year and maybe even a 6th (so long as next year isn't a complete train wreck.)

Personal attack?  Believe you didn't even rebut my original point and launched into your above hot take as the board's resident expert as an "observer of the human condition" saying about me "you are at heart a negative person...rough way to go through life."

I'm sorry in your sensitive world view, that you perceive someone debating against your points as torture and being antagonized.  As has been the case, there are about 6 posters who argue equally loudly, and vociferously against my points here - just as I argue my own.  Sure, you guys cattle heard together and try to get me banned, and complain to the moderators, probably even resort to using the "report to moderator" feature.  Never once have I used that.  Never once have I put any of you on ignore.  You know why?  Because I'm an adult, and despite having philosophical disagreements over Wojo - I don't find it torture or antagonistic to read an alternative viewpoint. 

Is it that difficult for you to be open-minded and tolerant? 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
He was banned there multiple times as well, and quickly.  Dodds doesn't have the saintly demeanor of the Scoop mods.

Did he blame other posters for his banishment there as well?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »
How will transfer in?
Who will be the PG?

I looked for basketball players named How, I didn't find any. Who is this guy? How was How at his last stop?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »
You are a real piece of work 82. Saying we don't know what Wojo will be is an opinion.  We have 4 years of data.  As for TAMU's silly point that we cannot predict the future - duh.  Yet in personnel decisions you rely on past performance as a predictor of future results.  You won't find me saying fire Wojo now.  I've said he gets next year and maybe even a 6th (so long as next year isn't a complete train wreck.)

This is truly terrifying. You honestly don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2018, 12:27:46 PM »

Personal attack?  Believe you didn't even rebut my original point and launched into your above hot take as the board's resident expert as an "observer of the human condition" saying about me "you are at heart a negative person...rough way to go through life."

I'm sorry in your sensitive world view, that you perceive someone debating against your points as torture and being antagonized.  As has been the case, there are about 6 posters who argue equally loudly, and vociferously against my points here - just as I argue my own.  Sure, you guys cattle heard together and try to get me banned, and complain to the moderators, probably even resort to using the "report to moderator" feature.  Never once have I used that.  Never once have I put any of you on ignore.  You know why?  Because I'm an adult, and despite having philosophical disagreements over Wojo - I don't find it torture or antagonistic to read an alternative viewpoint. 

Is it that difficult for you to be open-minded and tolerant?

Ners, my man, I think it's cute that you think only a half-dozen Scoopers can't stand the way you beat a dead horse in dozens of threads, revive the horse repeatedly (probably by making deals with the devil), and then beat the horse again.

Lather, rinse, re-beat.

Do you really think the mods are so blind and stupid that they need to have your dead-horse beating pointed out to them?

Did the same "about 6 posters" get you kicked off Dodds' site multiple times, too?

You'd think that the self-proclaimed smartest guy in the room would be smart enough to look in a mirror and say, "You know ... maybe it's me who needs to change."

But naaaah ... easier to think the rest of us are wrong, that we simply don't recognize the genius that is Ners.

Hmmm ... I wonder if you've already thought up your next alias for your next comeback.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2018, 01:13:38 PM »
Lather, rinse, re-beat.

Typical Saturday when Mrs. 82 is away?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2018, 01:34:07 PM »
I looked for basketball players named How, I didn't find any. Who is this guy? How was How at his last stop?

One must always take advantage of an opening to encourage others to watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTcRRaXV-fg

Thanks for the invitation to share this classic.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »
This is truly terrifying. You honestly don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion.
That was evident long ago, here he is just stating it formally.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »
Typical Saturday when Mrs. 82 is away?

Why does she have to be away?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »
Why does she have to be away?

Well, I suppose she doesn't... but the connotation at hand is a bit different when the Mrs. is around than when she's not, so as long as you're preceding your wife with a preposition and not a definite article, have at it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2018, 03:58:49 PM »
Well, I suppose she doesn't... but the connotation at hand is a bit different when the Mrs. is around than when she's not, so as long as you're preceding your wife with a preposition and not a definite article, have at it.

Mrs. 82 would kill me if she knew this conversation was taking place.

I think I'd better distract her by hanging some inverted pentagrams and 666 symbols in the tree outside our house!!!

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2018, 06:15:34 PM »
Ners, my man, I think it's cute that you think only a half-dozen Scoopers can't stand the way you beat a dead horse in dozens of threads, revive the horse repeatedly (probably by making deals with the devil), and then beat the horse again.

Lather, rinse, re-beat.

Do you really think the mods are so blind and stupid that they need to have your dead-horse beating pointed out to them?

Did the same "about 6 posters" get you kicked off Dodds' site multiple times, too?

You'd think that the self-proclaimed smartest guy in the room would be smart enough to look in a mirror and say, "You know ... maybe it's me who needs to change."

But naaaah ... easier to think the rest of us are wrong, that we simply don't recognize the genius that is Ners.

Hmmm ... I wonder if you've already thought up your next alias for your next comeback.

You should really take your act to Dodds board. It is the perfect place for pollyanna.  Seriously.  You would thrive there.  In fact, you and Dodds, are nearly one in the same.

TSmith34 apparently thrives there as well.  No doubt TAMU would as well.  Dodds board is the board made for homers.

And yes - I'll gladly continue to debate opposite points to the "rest of you" (6).  I do appreciate reading your hot takes from your middle school girls basketball team coaching experience, and of course how Kevin O'Neill and Wojo walked into the same program upon arriving at MU. 

I look forward to interjecting this into future posts here:  But, did you coach middle school girls basketball?

And by the way - please re-post where I said I'm the smartest guy in the room?  That's your obsession and preoccupation with me.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »

I know the difference between a coach who has "it" and who doesn't.  Saying "we don't know what Wojo will be," is like saying, we don't know if the sun will rise tomorrow morning.  I mean, it is a fact, that we don't know that, but, we have pretty darn good evidence it will rise.  The same with Wojo. We have 4 years of observation.

He's at best a mediocre game coach.  Those types of coaches only get to Sweet 16s with elite talent.  Sure hope he can make us Duke North and get the blue chips its going to take.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »

I know the difference between a coach who has "it" and who doesn't.  Saying "we don't know what Wojo will be," is like saying, we don't know if the sun will rise tomorrow morning.  I mean, it is a fact, that we don't know that, but, we have pretty darn good evidence it will rise.  The same with Wojo. We have 4 years of observation.

He's at best a mediocre game coach.  Those types of coaches only get to Sweet 16s with elite talent.  Sure hope he can make us Duke North and get the blue chips its going to take.

You just equated your opinion with the inevitability of the sun rising.

You truly believe your opinion is an honest to god fact. That is terrifying.

BTW, 82 coaches high school basketball now. In your eyes, wouldn't that trump your experience of playing high school basketball?
TAMU