[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Penn St. Tickets  (Read 8427 times)

mujivitz06

• Team Captain
Re: Penn St. Tickets
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2018, 03:15:19 PM »
The only thing I think Marquette should have done differently is raise the price after the Harvard game once they saw the demand. 

Why turn down free money that scalpers are going to make?

Agree, you could double, maybe even triple it and get them sold instantly.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2018, 03:49:03 PM »
Agree, you could double, maybe even triple it and get them sold instantly.

Agree.  I think it sucks that some super fans got shut out of the lottery as predicted.  Monetizing these in some way (premium, an incentive tied to next season, etc) is a missed opportunity as stated.

MU is in a tough spot but the NIT tickets at The Al was a demand situation versus the supply situation seen at the BC. The grey market is at work already monetizing the tickets.

I also feel bad for the students. I would have even supported a student only crowd, but the Vesties would of had a melt down. After all, post-season is the promise of the STH contract/offer based on priority points.

I hope the Scoopers like 12, Benny and Brew are able to get some tickets.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2018, 03:57:30 PM »
Agree.  I think it sucks that some super fans got shut out of the lottery as predicted.  Monetizing these in some way (premium, an incentive tied to next season, etc) is a missed opportunity as stated.

MU is in a tough spot but the NIT tickets at The Al was a demand situation versus the supply situation seen at the BC. The grey market is at work already monetizing the tickets.

I also feel bad for the students. I would have even supported a student only crowd, but the Vesties would of had a melt down. After all, post-season is the promise of the STH contract/offer based on priority points.

I hope the Scoopers like 12, Benny and Brew are able to get some tickets.

I also got shut out. I went to an Atoms for Peace concert at Aragon 8 years ago. We were required to bring the credit card we bought the tickets with, to enter the show. Not sure with a smaller venue, MU can't do the same thing. Our "we are Marquette" cards are still valid and could be used as well that the tickets weren't scalped. Oh well.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2018, 03:58:50 PM »
Agree but those seniors last NCAA game was...last year.

Of course.  But it was interesting for how Long?  :)

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:03 PM »
Out of curiosity...

Did anyone here buy from the scalpers outside on Sunday? What were they asking? Thinking that might be the route I have to go tomorrow.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2018, 04:20:47 PM »
Of course.  But it was interesting for how Long?  :)

Like 34 minutes, actually. We were down 5 with 7 minutes left. And winning at halftime!

MUClassof2039

• Walk-On
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2018, 04:22:46 PM »
Chatted with Penn State Athletic Ticket Office, they said that the Host school (Marquette) handled all ticket sales, they did not get an allotment of tickets. Was considering a donation to Penn State to try and snag a few tickets, no such luck!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »
I also got shut out. I went to an Atoms for Peace concert at Aragon 8 years ago. We were required to bring the credit card we bought the tickets with, to enter the show. Not sure with a smaller venue, MU can't do the same thing. Our "we are Marquette" cards are still valid and could be used as well that the tickets weren't scalped. Oh well.

This (ID) is required for NCAA tickets as well (in person, at the game venue).

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
Out of curiosity...

Did anyone here buy from the scalpers outside on Sunday? What were they asking? Thinking that might be the route I have to go tomorrow.
I bought a ticket this year at the SE corner of BC from the Big black dude—guy who is always there. Fake ticket. Never do it again. I’ll pay a little more on Stubhub for the $ insurance.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2018, 05:09:09 PM »
I bought a ticket this year at the SE corner of BC from the Big black dude—guy who is always there. Fake ticket. Never do it again. I’ll pay a little more on Stubhub for the $ insurance.

In Big Black Dude's defense (not sure if that's really his name... though it's probably not), someone probably sold him the fake ticket, and he doesn't necessarily have the resources to verify that it's genuine.  That said, I'm guessing he's still liable for selling you a fake, but when's the last time someone took a scalper to court (and won, for that matter).

Nevertheless, caveat emptor.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »

What did the ticket look like? Completely official?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2018, 05:28:00 PM »
Printed ticket.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2018, 05:29:44 PM »
In Big Black Dude's defense (not sure if that's really his name... though it's probably not), someone probably sold him the fake ticket, and he doesn't necessarily have the resources to verify that it's genuine.  That said, I'm guessing he's still liable for selling you a fake, but when's the last time someone took a scalper to court (and won, for that matter).

Nevertheless, caveat emptor.
Yeah, except he knew it was fake when he waiting for me when I can back to him to get my $. So he knew the ticket was fake before he sold it. He gave me my $ and I’m sure he resold it again.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
We R

I am tempted to roll the dice on scalper tickets tomorrow night. I will post how much asking and what I paid, if I go.

For ‘Nova game I bought two tix, MU bench free throw line and about 20 rows up, for $140. The guy wanted $220. I believe I could have worked a tad harder and saved another $20-30, but was with my young nephews and wanted to get them into the game.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2018, 05:43:31 PM »
Yes--it happens every game with no problems I am sure.
My buddy bought 2 SEC Championship hard stock tickets for $800.  Fake.  Watched the game very sad at the bar.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2018, 06:09:32 PM »

April of '10? Was there too.

feedback