'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Burke  (Read 2506 times)

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
Burke
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »
Isn't it time for Burke to lose some minutes. He has terrible hands, can't score on anything but dunks after he receives a great pass, and is not good defensively.

I can't believe Blackledge didn't get in against Seton Hall. With the offensive obviously struggling, they needed some kind of a spark. Who is the player that brings the most excitement per minutes played? Trend!!!

Burke should play no more than 5 minutes a game.(unless foul trouble dictates it)
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

nycwarrior

• Team Captain
Re: Burke
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »
gotta say that i felt like SHU's big men were moving ooze whereever they wanted to and that it wasn't until burke got in there that we had someone who could hold a block-out. really frustrating rebounding game.

mhendrick

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:57:17 PM »
Of coarse Seton Halls bigs were moving oooz. They were a couple of big sloppy pigs

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 10:52:48 PM »
Of coarse Seton Halls bigs were moving oooz. They were a couple of big sloppy pigs
Accurate
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUCrisco

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 11:11:47 PM »
With Harongody, I think tommorow is a game in which we're going to need Burke.  Hopefully, he steps up like he did against Wisconsin.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »
I think we will see some Burke, some Barro, some Blackledge - and if they are effective and we win, we call them the Killer Bs.

GO MARQUETTE!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 11:17:17 PM »
I think we will see some Burke, some Barro, some Blackledge - and if they are effective and we win, we call them the Killer Bs.

GO MARQUETTE!

And if they suck it up, the name would also apply.

:-\
SS Marquette

Untucked

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
Do you still think Burke should get more minutes that Blackledge? Trend played better d on Harangoudy than anyone else. Offensively, he's way better than Burke.
Q: What's the difference between Bo Ryan and God?
A: God doesn't think he's Bo Ryan!!

Boognish_MU

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »
I would like to See Trend out there more... but I am not sure if Burke should see only 5 minutes.  Burke seems like the only big on the team who wouldn't fall over in a strong wind.

What about MU play DJ, McNeal (or Dub), Hayward, Trend, and Burke?  It would be a very different lineup then we are used to seeing, but I think something like this might work when we need to be big.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 01:00:06 PM »
I would like to See Trend out there more... but I am not sure if Burke should see only 5 minutes.  Burke seems like the only big on the team who wouldn't fall over in a strong wind.

What about MU play DJ, McNeal (or Dub), Hayward, Trend, and Burke?  It would be a very different lineup then we are used to seeing, but I think something like this might work when we need to be big.

Boog,  I think you will see this line-up against Georgetown and mostly in a 2-3 zone.  However, having Burke/Barro/Trend taking up two spots takes some firepower out.  I think Trend has earned some more playing time though.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 01:23:53 PM »

My guess is that it will simply be "center by committee" and depending on matchups, each of the 3 will get their chance for minutes.

Trend is fun to watch, and provides some excitement, but I'm not as enamored as some people seem to be. But, I hope I'm wrong and I hope he continues to play well in the minutes that he gets.

It will be interesting to watch because traditionally Crean has said that minutes are earned in practice (and he has held to that), but with the 3 big men, minutes will really be earned inside of each game performance.

This will actually be more "game" coaching that Crean has traditionally done. Now, I'm not questioning his X and O ability, I'm just saying that usually Crean goes with who is working well in practice and gives that player the minutes. That's just his style, and it has worked pretty damn well.

In select spots Crean has juggled line-ups and match-ups... but traditionally that's not something he is known for.

feedback