[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Tickets  (Read 29574 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Tickets
« Reply #125 on: March 12, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »
Just curious, does anyone have a rough idea of the number of season ticket holders?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2018, 08:32:39 PM »
Just curious, does anyone have a rough idea of the number of season ticket holders?

Take the lowest attendance number we had this year.  That will be pretty close to the number of season ticket holders.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:38:31 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2018, 08:35:45 PM »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2018, 08:37:28 PM »
Not including the students. 8000.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 08:39:56 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2018, 09:18:49 PM »
Well...someone is looking to pay rent at FREAKING $250 a pop for section 115 row C, LOL!

That @$$clown has since lowered his price to $225, what a tool! 

The MU ticket office should find out who bought:

Section 115, Row C, Seats 3-6

And, revoke his SEASON TICKETS! 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2018, 09:27:09 PM »
So if I bought the section 115 went to the game then asked for a refund since they labeled the wrong venue. Can I?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2018, 10:10:35 PM »
And now there are some GA tix for $124 each too.

Pretty sad.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2018, 10:18:43 PM »
MU STHs exploiting MU fans with these prices....sad.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2018, 10:31:38 PM »
Shoulda jumped on the $25 ones I saw posted earlier.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2018, 10:33:11 PM »
MU STHs exploiting MU fans with these prices....sad.

From what I can see, you could get NCAA tickets for cheaper everywhere except (oddly) Boise.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2018, 10:44:11 PM »
Row C down to $199.

It’s not going to be too difficult to figure out who the d-bag is.... he’ll be sitting in seats 1-2 or 7-8.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2018, 11:29:35 PM »
Row C down to $199.

It’s not going to be too difficult to figure out who the d-bag is.... he’ll be sitting in seats 1-2 or 7-8.

Unless the system allowed them to split the seats by just selecting any 8 that were available. Then he may be sitting somewhere else. Or worse, maybe he just bought tickets to resell, and isn't even going to the game.

In any event, it's really sad.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2018, 11:35:03 PM »
Probably a student whose parents have season tickets. Trying to make a few bucks.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2018, 02:06:56 AM »
MU’s limit was 6 when I got in, probably should have been limit 4.  Not the end of the world.

This is a simple supply vs demand equation. Do people really believe 20-30 ga tix appearing on stubhub caused a premature sell-out of a venue of 3500... when there is a STH fanbase probably 3x that size?  I thought our fanbase was more educated and less emotional than that. 

The person asking $200 a seat is obviously priced way too high (it’s the NIT), but it is what it is.  The market will dictate their sale price.  The same people asking to revoke their tix probably also sell extra Badger tickets every two years... can’t have it both ways just because you were on the other side of the coin this time.

WayOfTheWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2018, 10:37:07 AM »
MU’s limit was 6 when I got in, probably should have been limit 4.  Not the end of the world.

This is a simple supply vs demand equation. Do people really believe 20-30 ga tix appearing on stubhub caused a premature sell-out of a venue of 3500... when there is a STH fanbase probably 3x that size?  I thought our fanbase was more educated and less emotional than that. 

The person asking $200 a seat is obviously priced way too high (it’s the NIT), but it is what it is.  The market will dictate their sale price.  The same people asking to revoke their tix probably also sell extra Badger tickets every two years... can’t have it both ways just because you were on the other side of the coin this time.

I'm mainly upset because I love Marquette basketball and had the mobile season etickets that would change every game, but not an official season ticket holder so I had basically no chance from the getgo. Just seems that some people who exploited the 6-8 ticket limit aren't simply interested in the game itself, but also making (alot of) money on people who legitimately want to attend. You can talk down at all of us non-STH but just consider yourself lucky to be able to get tickets without forking over an arm and a leg.

Supply/demand makes sense, but this situation is sort of ridiculous. I know people are boohooing the idea of playing in a bigger venue, but I really think they would have had a good showing in the panther arena IMO, contract and availability issues aside. I'll be watching on tv at least.

wardle2wade

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2018, 10:44:07 AM »
I'm mainly upset because I love Marquette basketball and had the mobile season etickets that would change every game, but not an official season ticket holder so I had basically no chance from the getgo. Just seems that some people who exploited the 6-8 ticket limit aren't simply interested in the game itself, but also making (alot of) money on people who legitimately want to attend. You can talk down at all of us non-STH but just consider yourself lucky to be able to get tickets without forking over an arm and a leg.

Supply/demand makes sense, but this situation is sort of ridiculous. I know people are boohooing the idea of playing in a bigger venue, but I really think they would have had a good showing in the panther arena IMO, contract and availability issues aside. I'll be watching on tv at least.

Your heart’s in the right place, but the logic isn’t there to play at US Cellular.  Half the reason people want to go is because it’s a meaningful game at our small on-campus arena. 

Not looking down at non-STH at all, and fairly certain the sentiment is the other way in this thread.  There’s a lot of animosity against people who donate and pay premium already for access to tickets due to the fact the game is being played at a small arena.  Can’t have your cake and eat it too.  Or use some of the extra $2k you save per year by paying secondary price for tickets. 

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:10 AM »
Has anyone on the waiting list actually got tickets?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2018, 10:57:29 AM »
I'm not entirely sure I'm following you wardle.  I think most folks think it's completely fair and appropriate that STHs had first dibs based on B&G points.  But I also think that many folks believe that MU might have made a mistake in allowing an initial cap of 8 per account, double what anyone's STH package actually is.  Look, it's a tough call.  No doubt MU was most interested in filling the AL and figured their most dedicated, loyal fans would make sure that happens.  I do think that anyone aggressively scalping is taking advantage of the situation in an inappropriate way.  We're not about some random pool of ticket buyers but rather one's fellow STHs.

I have seen a few folks mention (and complain) that no tickets were available for mini-pack holders.  I have a solution for them.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2018, 11:03:49 AM »
Due to a change in plans, I'm now looking for 1 GA ticket (I already got 2). I saw tix listed at $80-100 on the secondary market. Seriously?! Anyone seeing anything cheaper? Think I could snag one from a scalper outside the game for 10 bucks?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »
The limit should have been based on how many season tickets you have.  If someone is willing to shell out for 8 season tickets, then by all means get 8 tickets to the NIT game.  If you only have 2 season tickets you should be limited to 2 initially, and then have the chance to pick up more when they're released to the general public.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2018, 11:09:19 AM »
The limit should have been based on how many season tickets you have.  If someone is willing to shell out for 8 season tickets, then by all means get 8 tickets to the NIT game.  If you only have 2 season tickets you should be limited to 2 initially, and then have the chance to pick up more when they're released to the general public.

In retrospect, yes, but given that the last two Men's games played in the Al were not sellouts, I can't say I blame the PTB for prioritizing gross sales to super-dedicated fans over relative parity.
Have some patience, FFS.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »
As a rule, I am willing pay fair scalper pricing for any event I want to attend. Since giving up my STH for MU, I have overpaid for very good seats for every game I have attended, home or away. My main interest in attending the NIT was because of location and time of game. I was buyer at face value and now would only go with freebie's.

I love the nature of scalpers and people making a buck, but this is one case that I hope they get burned. In addition, if anyone pays a nickel over face, they have way too much money and should consider donating to charity before attending the game.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:30:08 AM by Goose »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2018, 11:25:59 AM »
As a rule, I am willing pay fair scalper pricing for any event I want to attend. Since giving up my STH for MU, I have overpaid for very good seats for every game I have attended, home or away. My main interest in attending the NIT was because of location and time of game. I was buyer at face value and now would only go with freebie's.

I love the nature of scalpers and people making a buck, but this is one case that I hope they get burned. In addition, if anyone pays a nickel or face, they have way too much money and should consider donating to charity before attending the game.

If I pay face value to watch a team that I love, I should donate to charity instead?

Not trying to be snarky just making sure I understand what you're saying.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2018, 11:31:54 AM »
Eagle

Meant a nickel over face. You can pay $2k for a ticket and I could not care less, but I feel paying over face for an NIT game is a waste. Just my thoughts, eagle. Knock your socks off at the tilt!!

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2018, 11:33:02 AM »
Eagle

Meant a nickel over face. You can pay $2k for a ticket and I could not care less, but I feel paying over face for an NIT game is a waste. Just my thoughts, eagle. Knock your socks off at the tilt!!

Got it. I'd agree. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't get tickets yesterday from MU.