'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: #2 MU v. #7 Harvard Wed 6pm ESPN2 @ Al McGuire Center  (Read 16081 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: #2 MU v. #7 Harvard Wed 6pm ESPN2 @ Al McGuire Center
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2018, 10:02:33 PM »
Loved the Al environment for the one game they played there a few years ago. Hoping they don't sell out quickly and I will be able to snatch up a ticket as I haven't been a season ticket holder in a few years now.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2018, 10:17:04 PM »
Seth Towns, Ivy League player of the year and a 4 star recruit was hurt today for Harvard.  His ability to play will be key in this game.  Very good player, not just Ivy League good.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2018/03/11/penn-holds-off-harvard-ivy-league-tournament-final-punches-ticket-ncaa-tournament/7CcnFlBebgA9vpXnu0zC9J/story.html
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2018, 10:24:05 PM »
Its not the big tourney we all wanna be in but we are still playing in march. Win the NIT and gain experience for a run next year

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: #2 Marquette v. #7 Harvard Wed 6pm ESPN2
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
lol...agreed. Look how many times we failed!! 16 times!

Wrong. In 1970 Al turned down the NCAA in favor of the NIT. So we only failed 15 times.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
Wrong. In 1970 Al turned down the NCAA in favor of the NIT. So we only failed 15 times.

Not to start a big sh*t storm, but that was sort of a fail. Wasn’t around then, but sounds like they could have another banner had he swallowed some pride.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2018, 10:42:00 PM »
Higher seed is always the home team. If we make it to the regional finals, will play at home for anyone other than ND
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I will not look ahead to ND at the JACC.

Or Purcell Pavilion, whatever the hell they call that @%ithole.
Then... MSG in my CardinalChicken, please. ND and Louisville on our path? YUM brands.
 :P :P  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:43:33 PM by ZenyattasTapitColt »
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

mug644

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:10 PM »
Its not the big tourney we all wanna be in but we are still playing in march. Win the NIT and gain experience for a run next year

I bet fans of all the bubble teams that didn't make the NCAA tourney (so, basically all the 1- and 2-seeds) assume that winning the NIT will be easy. It won't be. It will be very impressive if we play 5 more games. Yeah, I'll lean towards assuming a victory over Harvard, but who knows about Oregon or Rider? And, then ND? Not easy.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2018, 11:02:22 PM »
I bet fans of all the bubble teams that didn't make the NCAA tourney (so, basically all the 1- and 2-seeds) assume that winning the NIT will be easy. It won't be. It will be very impressive if we play 5 more games. Yeah, I'll lean towards assuming a victory over Harvard, but who knows about Oregon or Rider? And, then ND? Not easy.

As Benny Hill stated, never Assume anything lest make an @zz out of u and me. I just hate those pompous, pretentious folks from South Bend. A one-time good friend of mine was an MU freshman along with me back in the early 90s. He transferred to ND as a sophomore and immediately underwent a complete personality change. As in:  from genuine and fun to stiff as a starched shirt and conceited. Maybe he's just a good actor, and maybe I shouldn't judge a fan-base on one guy....nah. 

ND sucks!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2018, 11:05:20 PM »
Ahhhh frack.  Benny only has 72 priority points.  Mother f’in craptastic.  Guess I’m sitting in the 10th row. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2018, 11:07:24 PM »
Not to start a big sh*t storm, but that was sort of a fail. Wasn’t around then, but sounds like they could have another banner had he swallowed some pride.

I also wasn’t around then, but I’ve also thought this myself.  If you really want to stick it to the NCAA, win the big dance from the disadvantaged position they put you in.

Like I said, I wasn’t around then but from the stories of you other guys on the board it sounds like we had as good a shot as anyone at winning it all.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2018, 11:13:35 PM »
Ahhhh frack.  Benny only has 72 priority points.  Mother f’in craptastic.  Guess I’m sitting in the 10th row.

I've got 30,000 Hilton Honors points. Do they take MU-West points at MU-East?

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2018, 12:24:34 AM »

You obviously weren't around then. It was Al giving the finger to Rupp and it was Al being Al. And it was great.

" You must stand up to the establishment. "
       Dean Meminger
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:28:10 AM by Mutaman »

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2018, 07:06:59 AM »
You obviously weren't around then. It was Al giving the finger to Rupp and it was Al being Al. And it was great.

" You must stand up to the establishment. "
       Dean Meminger

But couldn’t he give him the finger by beating him in the Championship?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2018, 07:26:59 AM »

But they do have a banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2018, 07:37:39 AM »

Gonna miss you in Charlotte, my friend.

It was gonna be fun to use my AR15 to stand my ground on your arse when you tried to put bunny ornaments in my tree!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2018, 07:44:10 AM »
It was gonna be fun to use my AR15 to stand my ground on your arse when you tried to put bunny ornaments in my tree!

I thought you lived in North Carolina, not Florida.

Oh, if you lived in Florida, you'd shoot BennyB and end up with a traffic citation!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2018, 07:54:04 AM »
Y'all sounds like da udder 31 teams play bb blind folded. They're knot just gonna lay down four ya, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2018, 08:44:26 AM »

Let me 100% assure you that it was NOT a fail.  In many ways, it was one of MU's finest moments.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2018, 09:27:34 AM »
I thought you lived in North Carolina, not Florida.

Oh, if you lived in Florida, you'd shoot BennyB and end up with a traffic citation!

Shooting at me isn't even a ordinance violation anymore.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »
Let me 100% assure you that it was NOT a fail.  In many ways, it was one of MU's finest moments.

Affirmative.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2018, 10:13:13 AM »
Gonna miss you in Charlotte, my friend.

You could probably sell that AR15 for the price of a R/T ticket from CLT to ORD.

Your tree's been spared... at least this year.  Tournament comes to Columbia next year, Greensboro the year after... both very easy drives from Charlotte, and I'm sure there are plenty of Walmarts selling ornaments along the way.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2018, 10:22:13 AM »
You could probably sell that AR15 for the price of a R/T ticket from CLT to ORD.

Your tree's been spared... at least this year.  Tournament comes to Columbia next year, Greensboro the year after... both very easy drives from Charlotte, and I'm sure there are plenty of Walmarts selling ornaments along the way.

If you're gonna make that effort, Benny, I won't even shoot you. I'll let you put the ornaments on the tree, Iand I'll have you in for a beer.

And then, 10 seconds after you leave my cul de sac, the ornaments will be taken down and crushed with a sledgehammer.

So you'll get the satisfaction of putting ornaments in an atheist's tree, I'll get the satisfaction (and exercise) from pulverizing the ornaments, and we'll both get the satisfaction from sharing a frosty cold malt beverage.

Win-win-win!!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GOO

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2018, 10:54:09 AM »
I for one, really wish I could make this game.  Having it at the Al makes all the difference.  I won't be able to re-juggle my schedule to make it.

Hopefully we win and we get a second game at the Al...?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2018, 10:57:34 AM »
If we win wed, our next game would be likely be one of Sat-Sun-mon.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2018, 10:58:13 AM »