[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: ANY CHANCE OF NEW UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR?  (Read 11320 times)

SERocks

• Team Captain
Re: ANY CHANCE OF NEW UNIFORMS NEXT YEAR?
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 02:22:44 PM »
This year's uniforms are hideous, bland and boring.  Kinda match the demeanor of the coach.  Nothing flashy, utilitarian. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2018, 02:14:01 AM »
This year's uniforms are hideous, bland and boring.  Kinda match the demeanor of the coach.  Nothing flashy, utilitarian.

These uniforms are anything but bland and boring. The stodgy B1G has a plethora of bland, boring coaches and unis. Since you're apparently big on incendiary coaching demeanor, what do you suggest for a design? How about a hologram-ish
Oz-like Bob Knight emerging from flames?...complete with his mocking "game face" directly under the school name.....would that do it for ya?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2018, 02:22:55 AM »
I too dislike the cut of the jersey but that's an issue with Nike.  My only real problem is with how much I liked our old set.  Hard to beat in my mind.  These are fine though.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 02:25:16 AM »
I appreciate what these unis did in terms of the 100 years of basketball homage.  That being said, I really don't like them all that much and hope we change to something else soon.  I really liked most of the unis we had in the ~10 years prior.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 02:34:41 AM »
I appreciate what these unis did in terms of the 100 years of basketball homage.  That being said, I really don't like them all that much and hope we change to something else soon.  I really liked most of the unis we had in the ~10 years prior.

I hated them at first. Until I realized, as you state, how they perfectly pay homage and tie-in to 100 years of our MU hoops. I actually really like them now. I can't think of one era of our unis that I didn't like. Yes, though, very hard to top our Buzz era threads. Every year I thought I should be tiring of them...but never did.

Given our history of cutting-edge design, I'd be shocked if we didn't usher in the new arena with another new uniform.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2018, 08:46:44 AM »
I appreciate what these unis did in terms of the 100 years of basketball homage.  That being said, I really don't like them all that much and hope we change to something else soon.

Yup. They were a nice tribute but let's keep things fresh.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2018, 09:07:15 AM »
These are my least favorite uniforms by far since I started watching in 2003.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2018, 09:08:23 AM »
Ditch the baby blue.  Seems like we lose every time we wear it.

LOL

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
Love this version. I do think you could clean them up a bit by removing the flag as people have mentioned, but they're a solid design.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »
These uniforms are anything but bland and boring. The stodgy B1G has a plethora of bland, boring coaches and unis. Since you're apparently big on incendiary coaching demeanor, what do you suggest for a design? How about a hologram-ish
Oz-like Bob Knight emerging from flames?...complete with his mocking "game face" directly under the school name.....would that do it for ya?

LOL.  You are a riot.

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2018, 09:52:50 AM »
While I like the uniforms, it is interesting that men's basketball jerseys are completely unique and different in style than every other uniform set at the school.  Men's Basketball is the only one that does not utilize its current word marks or imagery. 

In addition, the jerseys in comparison to the court design are not aligned.  The court has royal blue out-of-bounds lines and a darker wood within the paint.  With our old court design and jersey combination, they were very much partnered together. 

I like the jerseys for their uniqueness.  I am not a fan in regards to the way the current uniforms matchup to the branding and identity of the school's current logos.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2018, 09:54:54 AM »
While I like the uniforms, it is interesting that men's basketball jerseys are completely unique and different in style than every other uniform set at the school.  Men's Basketball is the only one that does not utilize its current word marks or imagery. 

In addition, the jerseys in comparison to the court design are not aligned.  The court has royal blue out-of-bounds lines and a darker wood within the paint.  With our old court design and jersey combination, they were very much partnered together. 

I like the jerseys for their uniqueness.  I am not a fan in regards to the way the current uniforms matchup to the branding and identity of the school's current logos.
You make a good point about matching the court.  I think there is a higher chance we get a court redesign for the new arena than we get new unis

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2018, 09:57:56 AM »
You make a good point about matching the court.  I think there is a higher chance we get a court redesign for the new arena than we get new unis

I actually really like the court design. Looks so much better than the one Marquette was using before.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2018, 10:06:44 AM »
I actually really like the court design. Looks so much better than the one Marquette was using before.
Its better than what we had in CUSA, but other than adding the stripes on the sideline by the opponents bench and diagonal across we haven't done much since joining the Beast.  I like the MU at center, mostly because I think the alternative would be the screaming chicken, but if these NIT rules go into effect for all NCAA games, we'd need a new court regardless, and not at least looking at a new design would be a missed opportunity IMO.

Boozemon Barro

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2018, 10:10:19 AM »
The unis look like we stole a box of old practice jerseys from Michigan. Horrible.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 10:40:13 AM »
Whatever we do with uniforms, they must emphasize two colors: GOLD and BABY BLUE.

So much of the rest of our league wears blue and white (Georgetown, Nova, Xavier, Creighton, Butler), but no one else uses anything close to the baby blue shade we do.  The gold/yellow is completely unique in the conference.

Along with St. Johns and DePaul, we're holding up the rest of the conference when it comes to being visually striking.  Other leagues (ACC- Cuse, UNC, Miami, etc or Big Ten- Michigan/St, Bucky, Illinois, etc) have a huge variety of colors. 

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2018, 10:45:49 AM »

I, too like the current court.  The lighting is weird on TV, a little darker/yellowish or something compared to other courts.  Or maybe I just have a brain tumor or something.

Don't like the current unis all that much.  Seem a little bland to me, which is not traditionally MU's style.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2018, 12:17:00 PM »
You guys have inspired me to give it a go at designing a new court (easier than unis because its 2d).

Credit to GoldenWarrior11 for the outside matching to our current unis.

Wanted to see a new logo at center, nothing wrong with the current one, just wanted to see something different and the only other alternative would be the screaming chicken, which I don't like.

Liked the MU logo enough to keep it but moved to replace the AL logo, and give Rowsey a spot to launch from.

Wanted to keep Al somewhere so I moved him to the paint and slid the Big East logo to the baseline.  Obviously couldn't go there because of the arc.

Not sold on the powder blue around the perimeter, but I wanted it on more than just center court, because I like the powder blue.

Also forgive the horrendous wood texture that I used, I threw this together kinda quickly.

Any feedback or ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

EDIT: Tried to incorporate "We are Marquette" somewhere but no color shows up well on the bumblebee.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2018, 12:20:17 PM »
Looks good. However, get rid of the state logo at center court. MU is a private, Catholic institution. We don't want to be too closely associated with the UW-Mouthbreather schools  ;)

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2018, 12:36:40 PM »
I like the new jerseys fine.  But I definitely preferred the version we wore during the Buzz years, but that baggy style isn't seen much around CBB these days. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

AZMarqfan

• Starter
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »
I miss the uniforms of the last 5-6 years.  These look awful and uncomfortable.  Remember a few years ago when Marquette had the best ranked jerseys in the nation??

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
Looks good. However, get rid of the state logo at center court. MU is a private, Catholic institution. We don't want to be too closely associated with the UW-Mouthbreather schools  ;)

Yep.  I think it is pretty odd that the floor of Xavier's on-campus arena has the outline of the Cincinnati skyline - especially since there is an actual University of Cincinnati.
Have some patience, FFS.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2018, 01:05:57 PM »

Before I get set on fire...

What would folks think about the Jumpman on the court?  Lots of teams are putting ads on their courts, and I couldn't think of a cooler one than the Jordan logo.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2018, 01:07:35 PM »

What would folks think about the Jumpman on the court?  Lots of teams are putting ads on their courts, and I couldn't think of a cooler one than the Jordan logo.
Queue 10 posts about the Arby's logo...
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2018, 01:16:37 PM »

I'd rather a silhouette of the one time Davante got all the way up for a dunk.

feedback