[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by TSmith34, Inc.
[April 18, 2024, 09:22:20 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Nick Weiler-Babb, ISU PG a potential Grad transfer?  (Read 3754 times)

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
Nick Weiler-Babb, ISU PG a potential Grad transfer?
« on: March 26, 2018, 05:39:57 AM »
Guys, sorry if this name has been brought up before. I was in Atlanta recently, and after hearing someone talk about Tom Crean, I decided to peruse the Georgia hoops blogs. I think it was GBB that listed Iowa State redshirt junior Nick Weiler-Babb. It listed his possible grad transfer status as low-medium, but the more I looked at his stats, situation etc, I would love it if Marquette were in his future. 6.8 assists per game to 2.5 t/o's. 11ppg. Solid rebounder and steals guy. Bonus: All Big12 academic credentials. He put up these solid numbers while suffering knee tendonitis for much of the season, and was forced to miss late season games. He is a self-termed "believer" per his Twitter feed, so one could guess a decent personal fit at a Jesuit school.

MU-West owes us one, no? Here is the "stat" I like the most in this.....6'5" PG.

Thoughts?
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

JakeBarnes

• All American
Re: Nick Weiler-Babb, ISU PG a potential Grad transfer?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »
Guys, sorry if this name has been brought up before. I was in Atlanta recently, and after hearing someone talk about Tom Crean, I decided to peruse the Georgia hoops blogs. I think it was GBB that listed Iowa State redshirt junior Nick Weiler-Babb. It listed his possible grad transfer status as low-medium, but the more I looked at his stats, situation etc, I would love it if Marquette were in his future. 6.8 assists per game to 2.5 t/o's. 11ppg. Solid rebounder and steals guy. Bonus: All Big12 academic credentials. He put up these solid numbers while suffering knee tendonitis for much of the season, and was forced to miss late season games. He is a self-termed "believer" per his Twitter feed, so one could guess a decent personal fit at a Jesuit school.

MU-West owes us one, no? Here is the "stat" I like the most in this.....6'5" PG.

Thoughts?

While merely conjecture, most self-termed "believers" on a twitter profile tend to be the least likely to act in a manner consistent with the gospel's teachings--so maybe roll that one back for a "could guess a personal fit for a Jesuit school."

That said, I like the height and the fact that he plays PG. Definitely someone I imagine the coaching staff is keeping on the radar.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 11:50:24 AM »
About time one goes the other way, eh?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »
There is zero indication that he is transferring. 

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 03:25:37 PM »

For good measure, I just went over to Cyclone Fanatic to see if there were any threads devoted to NWB rumors. Lo and behold, a 4page doozy referencing a cryptic tweet ("magic travels"), two of the pages dedicated to a syntax/semantics debate on oddities of the English language as it relates to blog-post word choices. No wonder they are Scoop/MU West lol.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 03:47:13 PM »
You're right, this is all probably wishful thinking on my part after seeing him probably prematurely listed on Georgia's grad transfer radar. The Cyclone Fanatic rumor thread is certainly no basis in fact. But one poster's entry had me salivating...he basically said that NWB is the missing link to get ISU's very young squad to gel and turn the corner for coming years. And I'm thinking, would he want to spend his senior year just getting them on-track, or join an equally young but loaded MU roster where he would truly be the missing link? Also, Cyclone Fanatic posts mention Nick wanting to improve his shooting.... and our record in that area (even if Coach Nelson takes a job somewhere) is unquestioned.

The irony is that his mild injury and how it has been handled by ISU coaches could be a factor in this.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2018, 04:07:56 PM »
You are correct.  I shouldn't speak in absolutes. 

feedback