[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Nukem2
[April 19, 2024, 09:24:02 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: MSG is bad for you.  (Read 8450 times)

We R Final Four

• All American
Re: MSG is bad for you.
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2018, 09:41:42 AM »
Buzz had Cain, Elliott, Anim, Hauser, and Heldt on the floor for a possession inside a minute of the Creighton home game.  One of the freshman got easily beat baseline off the dribble for a layup in a matter of seconds.

If you have that group on the floor and you get your stop and rebound they get to send someone who either has shot very few free throws this year and is a freshman playing in MSG or someone who is a bad free throw shooter to the line to extend the game, or you're taking a timeout to get Howard and Rowsey back on the floor and trying to inbound it against DePaul's length which gave us some trouble throughout the game.
Yes—this am that was what I was thinking. Taking by the risk with the “bad defenders”, but the much better FT shooters. I think this is more in line with the reality. Still a huge risk, almost (should have) cost ya the game because of bad D once again.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
Why was Howard in the game when he was cold and does nothing else effectively. Why were Rowsey and Howard in the game in the last defensive possession with a timeout in the bank.

No idea, I really hope wojo has reasons for it, because from my eyes it was a poorly coached game.
Elliott got in foul trouble too quick. Cain did turn the ball twice and was getting killed on defensive end. Plus huge game BET MSG, experience. Elliott and Cain did play but  they were not effective so just go with experience.
Goal is National Championship

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2018, 09:52:51 AM »
So, we go with the freshmen, Depaul shoots and misses and someone other than Sam or Matt gets the rebound.   Depaul fouls immediately.  Now, in a 2 point game with a few seconds left, Cain is going to the line.  What is your confidence level?
Or, prior to that, your ‘bad’ defensive guard misreads a defensive assignment and leaves his man wide open for an uncontested three and we are down two with 4 seconds left.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2018, 09:58:44 AM »
I'm not pretending there is an easy solution.  Just pointing out that there are a lot of ways to look at it.   In a perfect world, everybody defends like JFB or Dominic or Blue.   While shooting like Andrew and Markus and being a Crowder like beast down low.  Then it is easy.   That is not this team.  Always an offensive/defensive decision to be made.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »
I'm not pretending there is an easy solution.  Just pointing out that there are a lot of ways to look at it.   In a perfect world, everybody defends like JFB or Dominic or Blue.   While shooting like Andrew and Markus and being a Crowder like beast down low.  Then it is easy.   That is not this team.  Always an offensive/defensive decision to be made.

Perfect team!

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »
Odds are Wojo already called the play for if DePaul scored. Probably the Heldt half court ice cream shot. Need the right guys in there to execute it.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »
I feel like we have the momentum tonight have a good shot to win, Nova might be a little rusty from not playing yesterday or in a little while

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2018, 10:25:53 AM »
We didn't deserve to win. DePaul played better defense, ran way better plays, had better schemes and had the best player on the court... We had better players in aggregate and more luck
We won so we deserved to win.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
We didn't deserve to win. DePaul played better defense, ran way better plays, had better schemes and had the best player on the court... We had better players in aggregate and more luck

We scored more therefore we deserved to win.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2018, 11:04:22 AM »
Maybe we didn't, but DePaul deserved it less, so I guess it's ours by default.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2018, 02:32:47 PM »
Maybe we didn't, but DePaul deserved it less, so I guess it's ours by default.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
First big East tourney game for the freshmen.  With 11 seconds left in a one possession game, the solution is to take out the senior and sophomore leaders and replace them with freshmen....in their first big East tourney game.    I get that Cain and Greg are better defenders.  But context.  Tournament life at stake.  All the chips pushed to the middle.  I understand why Wojo doesn't go offense defense there.

I don't disagree with you as the argument can be valid either way, and I'm really glad this whole discussion is moot, but I also think you'd feel pretty lonely on this take if Strus had made that totally unguarded practice-type 3 to win it. At that point, we needed to play defense, we were ahead in the game. So I don't understand what you mean by offense/defense because all that was left was defense, I mean, literally.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2018, 03:11:02 PM »
I get that Cain and Elliott are better defenders.  Your argument is to put in two freshmen in the highest stress moment of the season over two team leaders.   I understand both arguments.   And Marquette dodged a bullet.   But it is a damned if you do/don't conundrum.  Put in two freshmen, don't get the stop, get the stop and have them fumble the rebound, get the rebound and miss the free throws....  all while your two best players/team leaders sit.   Wojo chose experience and barely got away with it.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2018, 03:19:56 PM »
I get that Cain and Elliott are better defenders.  Your argument is to put in two freshmen in the highest stress moment of the season over two team leaders.   I understand both arguments.   And Marquette dodged a bullet.   But it is a damned if you do/don't conundrum.  Put in two freshmen, don't get the stop, get the stop and have them fumble the rebound, get the rebound and miss the free throws....  all while your two best players/team leaders sit.   Wojo chose experience and barely got away with it.

Yep. Damn Woj.

Keep the luck rolling though

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2018, 04:42:28 PM »
Tonight's Forecasted Tower Summary Thread Title:

Further Research Needed on Alleged Effects of MSG.

Win or lose, it works.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2018, 06:17:34 PM »
Nah.  Different plan.

feedback