[Today at 10:58:06 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 10:35:41 AM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by Scoop Snoop
[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 190380 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
Dead center.  Donation and ticket is $1320 divided by 16 games = $82.50

The schedule was 18 games this year, including the exhibition game (which is counted).
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2018, 07:46:10 PM »
Did Goose play ball at MU?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »
Dead center.  Donation and ticket is $1320 divided by 16 games = $82.50
18 games. Don't forgot to add the $2 Bradley Center fee. $36.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:52:20 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2018, 07:52:11 PM »
The schedule was 18 games this year, including the exhibition game (which is counted).

Gotcha.  I think they didn't charge for the Exhibition game if I recall as they kept the overall price flat to 2016-17. So, if 17 games, then the range is $7.35 to $77.65.  The point on the discount curve still stands. 

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »
I get what your saying about the curve. That said those seats are brutal. Good thing they are sold cheap. I look for those seats to go up 20% next year.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:56:24 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2018, 08:27:17 PM »
I get what your saying about the curve. That said those seats are brutal. Good thing they are sold cheap. I look for those seats to go up 20% next year.

I think that if the view is again 10 times worse, then it won't be a problem, but I expect it to be only five times worse.  If mine go up to $100, would the cheap seats sell at $20?  Doubtful.  It would cause a discrepancy that will be filled with STHs moving up, however. 

Especially if a PSL is involved. For an pro league, a PSL gives you pro level talent every game...not so in college hoops with all the cupcakes.  MU should have been walking all these prices up the past few years in anticipation of the new arena versus the shock that is about to be delivered.  They are in a tough bind.  It will be interesting.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2018, 08:53:51 PM »
Sand Knit

Groupie, friend of program but not a player.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
I think that if the view is again 10 times worse, then it won't be a problem, but I expect it to be only five times worse.  If mine go up to $100, would the cheap seats sell at $20?  Doubtful.  It would cause a discrepancy that will be filled with STHs moving up, however. 

Especially if a PSL is involved. For an pro league, a PSL gives you pro level talent every game...not so in college hoops with all the cupcakes.  MU should have been walking all these prices up the past few years in anticipation of the new arena versus the shock that is about to be delivered.  They are in a tough bind.  It will be interesting.

Or start the gradual walk up next year, get people into seats they like and want to stay in before hitting 'em with a 40% spike. (not gonna happen, I'm braced for the 40% spike and then watching as you can hit golf balls into the stands during cupcake season)

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2018, 09:06:57 PM »
Did Goose play ball at MU?

Goose Aka, Terry Reason, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
Or start the gradual walk up next year, get people into seats they like and want to stay in before hitting 'em with a 40% spike. (not gonna happen, I'm braced for the 40% spike and then watching as you can hit golf balls into the stands during cupcake season)

I expect something of a combo increase; bump em up maybe 20% or so as we move to the new arena, then regular annual bumps of 5-7% or so going forward that will be more palatable.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #110 on: February 21, 2018, 10:00:06 AM »
At this point I'm expecting the price hike to be significant especially for the lower end of the cost curve. I also anticipate I won't be a season ticket holder next season for several reasons but largely driven by combination of ability to watch the games at home and not wanting to pay a lot for 3 seats.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2018, 10:39:08 AM »
At this point I'm expecting the price hike to be significant especially for the lower end of the cost curve. I also anticipate I won't be a season ticket holder next season for several reasons but largely driven by combination of ability to watch the games at home and not wanting to pay a lot for 3 seats.

WHAT?  Phillip, we need to have a chat.

#405 beer garden.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2018, 10:44:43 AM »
Brew

20%? Might have to go a little deeper than that next season. Good news is, a lot think top twenty team, well worth it for a top program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »
Funny how some are jumping off the deep end. We don't know price yet and someone would want to leave entering a stunning new arena made for basketball.
-Bill Walton

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2018, 11:28:07 AM »
WHAT?  Phillip, we need to have a chat.

#405 beer garden.

Seriously, why would he need 3 seats?  That's what babysitters are for.

Or make your Badger wife stay at home while you take #nored to the games.
Have some patience, FFS.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #115 on: February 21, 2018, 11:28:40 AM »
Brew

20%? Might have to go a little deeper than that next season. Good news is, a lot think top twenty team, well worth it for a top program.

Goose, you may be right, but as others have said, I know MU doesn't want to lose many season ticket holders so they're going to have to be somewhat price-sensitive.  While a 40% increase may be "well worth it" for many, it will certainly be too much to swallow for many others.  MU has to figure out what's the best way to squeeze the most amount of money out of us, and a 40% increase in one year might not be the best way.  It seems to me that it's easier to retain the STHs than to win them back after they jump ship.  Once they're gone because of high prices, how do you lure them back?  I know winning makes the games more attractive, but it's still much easier to sell reasonable annual increases to the loyal STHs than it will ever be to get people to recommit after you piss them off.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #116 on: February 21, 2018, 11:41:07 AM »
Seriously, why would he need 3 seats?  That's what babysitters are for.

Or make your Badger wife stay at home while you take #nored to the games.

This is true, could likely make two seats work instead of three....but the point remains that if they make tickets too expensive when you factor in the "effort" of getting to the games (finding babysitters, getting out of work early, parking, getting home late, finding someone to take the tickets if we can't go, etc, etc, etc, etc) that the marginal utility might no longer be higher than staying at home and watching it on tv.

I'm just using this as an example of things MU has to think about when they do their pricing because I can't be the only fan that has this dilemma....especially if I can make single ticket/5 pack games work to go to 40% of the games I want to see.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 21, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
This is true, could likely make two seats work instead of three....but the point remains that if they make tickets too expensive when you factor in the "effort" of getting to the games (finding babysitters, getting out of work early, parking, getting home late, finding someone to take the tickets if we can't go, etc, etc, etc, etc) that the marginal utility might no longer be higher than staying at home and watching it on tv.

I'm just using this as an example of things MU has to think about when they do their pricing because I can't be the only fan that has this dilemma....especially if I can make single ticket/5 pack games work to go to 40% of the games I want to see.
I hear you, but can't that be said now and the past seasons at the Bradley Center for the reasons you give?

I can tell you Marquette hears you!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 11:54:08 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
-Bill Walton

GOO

• All American
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »
One small note on the in game experience, is that they are playing replays this year.  Seems like a small deal, but it makes the games more enjoyable to be at in person.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2018, 11:55:53 AM »
I hear you, but can't that be said now and the past seasons at the Bradley Center for the reasons you give?

Yes, but there are going to be a certain amount of people on the fence debating to renew or not... and prices going up a lot could push a number over to the non-renew side.  I think the first year and maybe the second year will be fine due to the new arena novelty, even with a significant price increase (some people drop, but some pick up more tickets for a year or two and a lot of people will want to see the new arena).  Year 3 and 4 could be bad if the team or schedule are not solid.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #120 on: February 21, 2018, 11:59:04 AM »

Beer garden Phillip.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
We have 3 kids and we still only have 2 seats.  We split up who takes which kids.  Sometimes (read as important conf games) we get a sitter and go together.  Eventually your kids will have enough stuff going on that you can't shut the whole family down for MU.

And when we are all available, we're on the aisle across the students so we can always buy cheap tix and have kids sit there.  That's the upside of student support being down.  Very few games where my kids can't easily slide into the student section. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2018, 01:50:18 PM »

I can tell you Marquette hears you!

Absolutely, but from a total cost perspective right now it's better to go to the games than not and as an example I can eat the cost of tickets I can't attend for various reasons at the current price point but that changes with the new pricing potentially. Hopefully the new experience can equal the increased price, but we'll see.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2018, 02:44:53 PM »
We have 3 kids and we still only have 2 seats.  We split up who takes which kids.  Sometimes (read as important conf games) we get a sitter and go together.  Eventually your kids will have enough stuff going on that you can't shut the whole family down for MU.

And when we are all available, we're on the aisle across the students so we can always buy cheap tix and have kids sit there.  That's the upside of student support being down.  Very few games where my kids can't easily slide into the student section.

Last time I let my kids sit in the student section, they started acting like the students (all 45 of them who showed up) sitting a few rows in front of them.  They kept it up and after a while, I thought my kids were doing a pretty good job going through the routine... it was a few minutes later I came to the realization they might have just been mocking the students.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2018, 02:47:53 PM »
I think that technology and AR/VR will make attending games in person less and less compelling.  It will be interesting to see where we are at in 5-10 years as far as watching at home versus being at the arena in person.  I can easily see where the at home experience will be better than the in arena experience. Not to mention, less costly and more convenient at home.  The arena maybe for urban single people who want to mingle/socialize instead of staying at home.

feedback