[Today at 12:50:35 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by warriorchick
[Today at 12:06:20 PM]

MU Gear by Pepe Sylvia
[Today at 11:45:12 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 11:11:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: New Arena Ticket Update  (Read 192439 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: New Arena Ticket Update
« Reply #400 on: July 21, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »
This is exactly my thoughts, just roll my regular donations into the cost of my tickets and get better seats.
It seems to be working this way. It also shows that MU mispriced the tickets. When the reseating is done, I suspect there will be a good number of high priced seats left. The donations being non-deductible does not help the situation.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #401 on: July 22, 2018, 09:02:27 AM »
Admittedly, we stopped making reseating donations about 5 years ago.   

Once you get into the lower half of the corner sections, it'll take another decade of donations to have the honor of cracking the middle sections so you're 25 feet closer to center, but likely in the back few rows.   That next level hill is just too steep a climb to be worth it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #402 on: July 22, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
Admittedly, we stopped making reseating donations about 5 years ago.   

Once you get into the lower half of the corner sections, it'll take another decade of donations to have the honor of cracking the middle sections so you're 25 feet closer to center, but likely in the back few rows.   That next level hill is just too steep a climb to be worth it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of Boomers are converting to Snowbirds.  If they buy as they may still be in town until after the holidays, it sounds like they are moving up.  Right now, MU has the Millennial Coors Light Corner, but it sounds like the Vestie Drive Medical Cart Alley is in the ofting? MU should start taking points away for non-continuous givers.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2018, 01:55:10 PM »
Anyone else unable to see ticket availability? I logged into my account and it doesn't have any men's tickets options. I want to see the seating progress, what is filling up first, and start thinking about what might be available later this week.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Shooter Flatch

• Starter
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2018, 03:13:13 PM »
If you’re trying login from your phone that may be the issue. I cannot see the available seats using my iPhone but I can see them if I login with my computer.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #405 on: July 22, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »
If you’re trying login from your phone that may be the issue. I cannot see the available seats using my iPhone but I can see them if I login with my computer.

I tried both  :-\

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2018, 04:35:20 PM »

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2018, 04:36:12 PM »
Anyone else unable to see ticket availability? I logged into my account and it doesn't have any men's tickets options. I want to see the seating progress, what is filling up first, and start thinking about what might be available later this week.
I'm not sure what the issue is. Works for myself. No fear. The process is so slow, everything is open right now.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2018, 04:59:20 PM »
After you log in—click preview. That shows availability.

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »
I can't see anything on my or my wife's iPhones.  Works on a laptop.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »
I can't see anything on my or my wife's iPhones.  Works on a laptop.

Cluster, hey?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #411 on: July 23, 2018, 06:53:13 AM »
As a guy in the industry, I can say:  The internet sucks.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #412 on: July 23, 2018, 09:05:15 AM »
Are you using this link?
marquetteportal.io-media.com

I was not, I was going through gomarquette.com. Thanks. Can't see it on my iPhone, but I got there on a desktop.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2018, 11:07:09 AM »
I was not, I was going through gomarquette.com. Thanks. Can't see it on my iPhone, but I got there on a desktop.
One would think that there would be a big box with a link to online re-seating at gomarquette.com when one signs into their ticket account.  Apparently there is not or at least I missed it.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #414 on: July 23, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »
Anyone have any idea what is above Sections 204 and 226?  Looking at the Preview, each section only has three rows... I can't tell if that's supposed to be a suite, the organist's perch, camera pit, press box, bar/lounge or what.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #415 on: July 23, 2018, 02:07:10 PM »
Anyone have any idea what is above Sections 204 and 226?  Looking at the Preview, each section only has three rows... I can't tell if that's supposed to be a suite, the organist's perch, camera pit, press box, bar/lounge or what.

Might that be the overhead club view? I remember reading about it, but not sure where it is located.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #416 on: July 23, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
A lot of Boomers are converting to Snowbirds.  If they buy as they may still be in town until after the holidays, it sounds like they are moving up.  Right now, MU has the Millennial Coors Light Corner, but it sounds like the Vestie Drive Medical Cart Alley is in the ofting? MU should start taking points away for non-continuous givers.
Given that the good seats have a mandatory donation, how do you stop being a continuous giver?

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #417 on: July 23, 2018, 04:01:31 PM »
Given that the good seats have a mandatory donation, how do you stop being a continuous giver?

The impression I get referred to those moving upstairs. In that case, if they are moving to non-donation seats, I believe they should lose the continuous donor points.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #418 on: July 23, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »
The impression I get referred to those moving upstairs. In that case, if they are moving to non-donation seats, I believe they should lose the continuous donor points.

+1.  If folks are not giving continuously, there should be docked with expiring points. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #419 on: July 23, 2018, 10:00:11 PM »
+1.  If folks are not giving continuously, there should be docked with expiring points.

Isn’t it 2 pts. For every consecutive year of giving?  So if you’ve donated for 20 years and don’t give this year, that’s 40 pts. you’ll never see again, right?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #420 on: July 23, 2018, 10:06:22 PM »
Isn’t it 2 pts. For every consecutive year of giving?  So if you’ve donated for 20 years and don’t give this year, that’s 40 pts. you’ll never see again, right?

I am saying, walk back some points (-5).

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #421 on: July 23, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
Those are the two tower suites. Available for rent on a game by game basis.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #422 on: July 24, 2018, 07:01:31 AM »
I am saying, walk back some points (-5).

I believe if you don't donate, you would lose the consecutive donation points for the Blue and Gold Fund. So if you donated every year from 2005 to now, you would have earned 28 points (2 per year). If you did not make a donation of at least $100 this year, those points would go away for next year's reseating.

If you drop your tickets altogether for a season, you would lose the consecutive years as a season ticket holder. That's another 2 per year, or 4 per year for seasons before 1996.

That said, if a big donor went upstairs and didn't pay a donation for a year, or dropped for a year and came back, my guess is they would find a way to get them back in the fold with points intact. Would they do the same for someone who was a lower-level STH for 30 years and downgraded but never made big donations? No idea.

https://gomarquette.com/sports/2018/5/22/reseating-priority-points-system.aspx

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #423 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »
If you have enough money you can easily get a seat in the first three rows.  I suspect there are not a lot of people willing to pay $10,000 for one season ticket seat.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #424 on: July 24, 2018, 02:09:31 PM »
I live at a different decimal point with a different time-zone on a different planet.

But I don't begrudge the big donor first row seat guys...they make the college bball world go around too. I saw a guy with his 10-yr old son in the first row one game and it did my heart good. I hope that kid keeps the memory of him and dad.

But for me, no $$ for anything other than my ticket......except maybe at the concessions stand with a brat and coke pepsi coming the other way. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 02:12:03 PM by MUBigDance »

feedback