[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: For everyone who is giving Wojo credit...  (Read 7938 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: For everyone who is giving Wojo credit...
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
How much zone duz ND play, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2018, 01:30:41 PM »
How much zone duz ND play, hey?
I don't care what they play as long as they lose every game.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2018, 01:32:26 PM »
I don't care what they play as long as they lose every game.

I agree with this analysis.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2018, 04:09:18 PM »
ND sucks

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2018, 05:01:56 PM »
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2018, 05:38:58 PM »
for this win, you need to admit that if MH wasn't injured and Rowsey didn't pick up his 3rd foul, Wojo would have played mostly M2M in the second half. We would have lost if we didn't play zone the entire second half.  Wojo was forced to play zone.  Just look at the St. John's game, we played zone a total of 10 possessions and M2M the rest and Ponds went off for 47. Lastly, I want Wojo to be our coach but he needs to couch to the team he has not stubbornly play M2M with this group of players.  We should play zone the vast majority of the rest of this season.

I have to do no such thing. You have no idea if the Markus injury forced Wojo to play zone or not. It's possible that was always going to be the move at halftime. Last season when we beat Villanova we played man in the first half and switched to zone in the second half.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2018, 06:09:17 PM »

My guess is they’ll put someone who can hit a 15 footer in the middle of the zone as we conceded that pass and shot.

+ 10,000. McDermott (for quite some time) had a guy receiving the entry pass at the free throw line who couldn't (or at least didn't) make the wide open 15' jumper. Eventually he changed but not until it was anyone's game. Thank you, coach M!

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2018, 06:28:04 PM »
I have to do no such thing. You have no idea if the Markus injury forced Wojo to play zone or not. It's possible that was always going to be the move at halftime. Last season when we beat Villanova we played man in the first half and switched to zone in the second half.
First, I said Markus injury and Rowsey picking up his 3rd foul forced Wojo to play a zone.  Hell, the announcer even commented on those facts to start the 2nd half. Second, do I know what is in Wojo's mind? No, but all we need to do is look at the STJ and other games and we can get a good idea.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2018, 06:55:16 PM »
for this win, you need to admit that if MH wasn't injured and Rowsey didn't pick up his 3rd foul, Wojo would have played mostly M2M in the second half. We would have lost if we didn't play zone the entire second half.  Wojo was forced to play zone.  Just look at the St. John's game, we played zone a total of 10 possessions and M2M the rest and Ponds went off for 47. Lastly, I want Wojo to be our coach but he needs to couch to the team he has not stubbornly play M2M with this group of players.  We should play zone the vast majority of the rest of this season.
Agree. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 07:04:49 PM »
For everyone trying to avoid giving Wojo credit at any point in his tenure at MU, go ahead and pile on this thread.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »
For everyone trying to avoid giving Wojo credit at any point in his tenure at MU, go ahead and pile on this thread.

+1. It’s unreal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 09:53:39 PM »
I admit i don't have the stats in front of me, but i don't think this is accurate for either half

I was at that game, and yeah, I'm not exactly certain what the scoring per possession was in that game against the zone, but when we went zone, it looked atrocious, so so bad.

Now, I do think that was because we had Rowsey and Markus both in at the same time.

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2018, 11:00:01 PM »
If you listen to Wojo's press conference after the game, he literally says this:

"We were never able to gain any traction with our man after the first 8 minutes of the first half."

But then he proceeded to stick with man defense for the next 12 minutes until halftime, at which point they had 53 on the scoreboard.  I wish someone in the press conference would have asked him why he stuck with it until half if he knew it was failing so bad.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 06:48:38 AM »
If you listen to Wojo's press conference after the game, he literally says this:

"We were never able to gain any traction with our man after the first 8 minutes of the first half."

But then he proceeded to stick with man defense for the next 12 minutes until halftime, at which point they had 53 on the scoreboard.  I wish someone in the press conference would have asked him why he stuck with it until half if he knew it was failing so bad.

Because then it shows his hand to Creighton, they go over it in the locker room, and they continue to score at will for the next 20 minutes. Halftime is when you make your major adjustments. Instead of a 15 minute period to work out adjustments, your opponent gets 30 second or 2 minute segments to do it on the fly. It also gives you the opportunity to reiterate the scouting reports on individuals. “When we’re in the zone we need to be closing hard on #X” or “#Y won’t shoot this shot so if he catches it there sag off of him.” That’s a lot of information to go through during a timeout. Easy to do at halftime.

He made 100% the right move.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 06:52:37 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 06:53:04 AM »
Because then it shows his hand to Creighton, they go over it in the locker room, and they continue to score at will for the next 20 minutes. Halftime is when you make your major adjustments. Instead of a 15 minute period to work out adjustments, your opponent gets 30 second or 2 minute segments to do it on the fly.

He made 100% the right move.

I think this may be over thinking things....

Reality is this, Wojo out-coached his opponent Sat night and the players executed.  Its one good pelt on the wall - time to get a whole lot more of those.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2018, 07:08:54 AM »
Bah, bah, bah. What is important is we won the game. The whole team, the coaches and events in the game played a role as they always do. Congratulations are in order.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2018, 07:24:09 AM »
I think this may be over thinking things....

It's Scoop.  It's what we do.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »
Hey, give Wojo credit for smelling the coffee and switching to a zone most of 2nd half. After all, we blast him enough when he does not succeed. For the last game, at least, Wojo is the man.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »

It's Scoop.  It's what we do.
We think here? Never would have guessed!
Goal is National Championship

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2018, 07:32:08 PM »
Hey, give Wojo credit for smelling the coffee and switching to a zone most of 2nd half. After all, we blast him enough when he does not succeed. For the last game, at least, Wojo is the man.
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2018, 08:28:32 PM »

I analyze with this agreement.