[Today at 12:54:00 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MUbiz
[Today at 12:09:25 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[Today at 11:02:10 AM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Assessing our Warriors  (Read 7863 times)

connie

• All American
Re: Assessing our Warriors
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2018, 07:48:51 AM »
He asked a question.  I answered that specific question.  That is something that is done often when a post addresses multiple points or rambles on.

So go eat a dick Lennys.
I thought it was "eat a bag of d!cks."  That way you can send sweets on Valentine's Day.  https://dicksbymail.com
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2018, 07:50:44 AM »
I thought it was "eat a bag of d!cks."  That way you can send sweets on Valentine's Day.  https://dicksbymail.com

Is that what the kids say these days?  Dammit.  Always out of touch.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2018, 08:45:19 AM »
My personal favorite is when my wife is searching  the web for sporting  goods for our son and starts the conversation with "I was looking at Dick's online".     I giggle like a twelve year old every time.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:01:11 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
Don't understand y wee kan't all bee fookin' friends, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2018, 09:30:17 AM »
Any comparisons of those guys' records  to Wojo's is ridiculous.

Yah but Coach K started out sh*tty too, hey?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2018, 10:03:07 AM »
So go eat a dick Lennys.

^^^ ban dis guy. So homophobic and mean! Posting only to say naughty things. Sad! #banSultan

Now, as for this year’s MU. The idea was they’d be worse on offense, hopefully better on defense. The question was how much worse & bettter?

The answer so far... a little bit worse on offense, a little bit better on defense per KenPom Adjd efficiencies relative to all of DI.

Also, they looked like a bubblevteam, more likely on the outside looking in.

Now we’re in a spot where you can still go 4-1 and have a very good shot at making the tourney, and have only one “very difficult” game left.

It’s not as if sitting where we are today should be a shock when comparing to preseason expectations.

The good news for those of us level headed folks that see this is that the consistent expectation for 2018-19 have been that it will be a very strong year. That expectation hasn’t changed.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2018, 10:07:25 AM »
^^^ ban dis guy. So homophobic and mean! Posting only to say naughty things. Sad! #banSultan

Now, as for this year’s MU. The idea was they’d be worse on offense, hopefully better on defense. The question was how much worse & bettter?

The answer so far... a little bit worse on offense, a little bit better on defense per KenPom Adjd efficiencies relative to all of DI.

Also, they looked like a bubblevteam, more likely on the outside looking in.

Now we’re in a spot where you can still go 4-1 and have a very good shot at making the tourney, and have only one “very difficult” game left.

It’s not as if sitting where we are today should be a shock when comparing to preseason expectations.

The good news for those of us level headed folks that see this is that the consistent expectation for 2018-19 have been that it will be a very strong year. That expectation hasn’t changed.
JB so if 18-19 doesn't go that well, will you be ready for a change. Honestly, I dont see us being higher than a 7-10 seed unless we get a solid grad transfer pg

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2018, 10:09:37 AM »
JB so if 18-19 doesn't go that well, will you be ready for a change. Honestly, I dont see us being higher than a 7-10 seed unless we get a solid grad transfer pg

And learn to play defense...

Marquette4life

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2018, 10:10:45 AM »
And learn to play defense...
True lol I think morrow should help I think. Is bailey good defender

tower912

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
Yes and no.    Let us pretend for a moment that MU does not get a grad transfer PG and nobody transfers.     
PG:  Howard, Elliott
SG:  Anim, Cain, (Sam, Joey, Bailey)
SF:  Sam, Joey,  Bailey, Cain
PF:  Morrow, Theo, Joey, Bailey
C:  Theo, Heldt, Froling, Ike.

Would another PG help?    Hell, yes.     Can that team, assuming health, still do major damage?    Hell, yes.      Size and experience and depth everywhere (except PG).     If somebody is not having a good game, there is somebody on the bench chomping at the bit to get in there and attack.   Not explosively athletic, but bigger, experienced, and deeper.    I am taking as a given that having big players and depth everywhere will improve the defense. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2018, 01:23:14 PM »

It would be dependent on WHY things didn't go that well. I don't think we *need* a 'solid grad transfer pg'.. I would like a "pure point" type of backup, just in case and/or to play spot minutes, but I'm fine rolling with Markus and I think it'll be good for him (him personally, which I am OK with).

I see us, as of today, as more of a 4 or 5 seed next year.. with upside to have a magical year.

If we go to war with the roster as is (including the expected newcomers), and for example Markus misses most of the year due to injury, Joey isn't ready early due to injury, etc... and we have a rougher time than expected, that's one thing.. but if we're 100% and miss the tournament next year, I'd be extremely concerned. Not worried about that though, tbh.

My biggest concern is how we work everyone into the lineup (except for Eke... not sure how he'd fit, or if he really needs to).

I think you'll see Markus embrace running the offense (while still shooting a ton)... Morrow and Theo give us two physical mrfr's.. Matt will be a senior... I think you'll see a very nice jump from Froling... nice jumps for Cain and Greg... Sacar improving his finishing at the cup and being someone that the media calls our "glue guy" when they talk about our success... Sam will continue to be great, showing even more scoring methods... Joey I hope is healthy and has a strong freshman campaign.. Bailey steps in and impresses more than Cain has this year.. it's going to be a really fun year.

<disclaimer: a lot can change in nOine months.>
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2018, 01:25:51 PM »
It would be dependent on WHY things didn't go that well. I don't think we *need* a 'solid grad transfer pg'.. I would like a "pure point" type of backup, just in case and/or to play spot minutes, but I'm fine rolling with Markus and I think it'll be good for him (him personally, which I am OK with).

I see us, as of today, as more of a 4 or 5 seed next year.. with upside to have a magical year.

If we go to war with the roster as is (including the expected newcomers), and for example Markus misses most of the year due to injury, Joey isn't ready early due to injury, etc... and we have a rougher time than expected, that's one thing.. but if we're 100% and miss the tournament next year, I'd be extremely concerned. Not worried about that though, tbh.

My biggest concern is how we work everyone into the lineup (except for Eke... not sure how he'd fit, or if he really needs to).

I think you'll see Markus embrace running the offense (while still shooting a ton)... Morrow and Theo give us two physical mrfr's.. Matt will be a senior... I think you'll see a very nice jump from Froling... nice jumps for Cain and Greg... Sacar improving his finishing at the cup and being someone that the media calls our "glue guy" when they talk about our success... Sam will continue to be great, showing even more scoring methods... Joey I hope is healthy and has a strong freshman campaign.. Bailey steps in and impresses more than Cain has this year.. it's going to be a really fun year.

This is a good post.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2018, 01:49:28 PM »

Appreciate the insight, as always.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2018, 02:04:49 PM »
I really like to see MU get a combo guard as I am not sold totally on Elliott.  He will be improved next year, might need surgery on his thumb, but he needs to put
on some serious weight to be a factor next year.  I just would like to see a physical guard who could D up, as Markus still needs on working on his D.  But at the
end of a game, it would nice to have 2 big guards in there.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2018, 03:46:29 PM »
I'm about where Jay Bee is
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback