[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: For Sale: Complete Marquette Basketball Media Guide Collection 1964-2014  (Read 2317 times)

Tigidal

• Starter
I'm in the process of moving into a smaller place, and decided I'd test the market on selling my MU Basketball Media guide collection.  I started the collection in my younger days, and have every guide from 1964 to 2014, which was the last year they printed them.  Included are several extra guides from post seasons and a hardcover book they produced after the 1977 NCAA Championship season that includes every individual game guide plus some added content.  Each guide is in mint condition as I only purchased the best.

I've spent well over $1000 and several hundred hours searching and scouring to complete this collection, but would sell to the right collector for $500.  We could work out shipping, since they weigh a good piece, but DC-area pick-up is also available.

Email me at robert.oriole@gmail.com if you are interested.  Thanks.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: For Sale: Complete Marquette Basketball Media Guide Collection 1964-2014
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 05:14:09 PM »
Have you considered donating them to the university? They might not have a complete set themselves.

If you can get a written appraisal for an amount that is high enough, the tax deduction might be worth more than $500.
Have some patience, FFS.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 05:44:47 PM »
Hey, some of those are mine!  I'll take the standard 1/3 of your proceeds as my fee. 

What's in the 1977 Championship book? 
Ludum habemus.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:12:02 PM »
Hey, some of those are mine!  I'll take the standard 1/3 of your proceeds as my fee. 

What's in the 1977 Championship book?

Hey Sir Lawrence... I think you're right.  You gifted me the ever elusive '05-06 guide several years back (still mint by the way).  Good memory.  I'll buy you a beer.

I don't know the full story behind the 1977 book, but it's literally every single game program during that season, as well as NCAA games and other final season statistics.  Pretty neat.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 07:16:03 PM »
Have you considered donating them to the university? They might not have a complete set themselves.

If you can get a written appraisal for an amount that is high enough, the tax deduction might be worth more than $500.

Might be an option, thanks.  I did consult their archives when building the collection and they didn't have all of them.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 08:24:36 PM »
I started a collection like that 5+ years ago .. probably missing 20+ of them .. they're all boxed up at this point.

I always wished they could be scanned into PDF form, put in a electronic library.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 08:27:02 PM »
Might be an option, thanks.  I did consult their archives when building the collection and they didn't have all of them.

So now I am going to brand you a selfish a-hole if you don't donate them.  ;D
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
So now I am going to brand you a selfish a-hole if you don't donate them.  ;D

Enough of you! I have an interest in this collection. Gotta think about it a bit more.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 10:19:56 AM »
Enough of you! I have an interest in this collection. Gotta think about it a bit more.

I've had some interest, so don't think too long.  Would love for them to go to an active fan.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 01:19:33 PM »
I have one of those 1977 books as well.  An awesome MU collectible.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2018, 01:57:20 PM »

If you aren't willing to donate, could you at least give Marquette the opportunity to make an offer?  It's an important part of Marquette history, and I would hate to see them get in the hands of someone who would just use them to try to impress any woman he managed to lure back to his place.   ::)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:59:16 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 10:44:15 AM »
If you aren't willing to donate, could you at least give Marquette the opportunity to make an offer?  It's an important part of Marquette history, and I would hate to see them get in the hands of someone who would just use them to try to impress any woman he managed to lure back to his place.   ::)

Light some candles, put on some music, and talk about Marquette's single-season 3PA leaders.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »
Light some candles, put on some music, and talk about Marquette's single-season 3PA leaders.

Funny!  The guides are still available.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 11:39:21 AM »
hmmm, very tempting.  I, too, once had a mostly complete collection starting in '65.  I had a good relationship with the SID's over the years starting with Kevin Byrne.  I sort of lost interest in reading them when they turned into a 'Tom Crean' promotional puff piece, but still collected them.  Actually disappointed when they stopped them and wonder what the SID does, if the post still exists.  My wife tends to dispose of my collections up north (I have a lot of 'stuff') and I would love to have them down here in St Pete Beach.  Please pm me.  Thanks for preserving them.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 08:06:25 AM »
hmmm, very tempting.  I, too, once had a mostly complete collection starting in '65.  I had a good relationship with the SID's over the years starting with Kevin Byrne.  I sort of lost interest in reading them when they turned into a 'Tom Crean' promotional puff piece, but still collected them.  Actually disappointed when they stopped them and wonder what the SID does, if the post still exists.  My wife tends to dispose of my collections up north (I have a lot of 'stuff') and I would love to have them down here in St Pete Beach.  Please pm me.  Thanks for preserving them.

PM sent.

Tigidal

• Starter
Still available friends... A couple more weeks then it goes to long term storage.

warriorchick

• All American
Still available friends... A couple more weeks then it goes to long term storage.

Have you gotten any offers?  What was the highest one?
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback