[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Student Section — All White Sox fans?  (Read 12343 times)

🏀

• All American
Re: Student Section — All White Sox fans?
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2018, 11:40:56 AM »
My college had hockey as our most popular sport. (for a Florida school and a club team it was weird).

Place was packed every game in a super small rink. 1 dollar beers and a packed house made for a fun environment.

Our chants of the ref f---s his mom and calling every opposing goalie a goat f----ker for literally the entire game makes the mu crowd look for tame. Oh btdubs this was the most ''prestigious'' aerospace engineering school in the us. Didn't make us look any worse. Just kids having a good time.

Embry-Riddle, eh?

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »
Brewers fan, actually. 
The biggest game to happen in Miller Park in the last 20 years was when Zambrano threw a no hitter there. Let the college kids have their fun.

Go Sox.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2018, 11:54:45 AM »
College hockey game make all other college sport fans look tame
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Embry-Riddle, eh?

Yup, got a nice scholarship to play basketball there, rode the bench for a year, got into a game and got a concussion. lol.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »
Embry-Riddle, eh?

Located, appropriately-enough, just east of Daytona Intl Airport, which is adjacent to the Speedway.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2018, 12:13:24 PM »
Sox sucks. Very jealous fan base.  Buck of wannabees.

Nanaananaaanaha na na.

We all agree, ND fans and Cardinal fans are the worst. 

ND sucks.

Agreed, just one small correction - the correct spelling is Sox Sux.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2018, 12:16:01 PM »
I've been to hundreds of White Sox games and can't ever recall hearing that chant there, certainly not chronically.  Heard it plenty at MU games.  Can't get past the opening kickoff at a Bear game without hearing it.  I'm sure it happens at Sox games, but I honestly can't remember it.

I do recall a guy at a Sox game chanting "F--- the Orioles" --- at a Sox-Rangers game.  Don't know what the deal was, but he was removed from the game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:18:56 PM by buckchuckler »

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2018, 12:16:31 PM »
The biggest game to happen in Miller Park in the last 20 years was when Zambrano threw a no hitter there. Let the college kids have their fun.

Go Sox.

This isn't about college kids having fun.  You could puke from the 400s and have it land on me and I'd be cool.  But just saying F You to a school like Nova?  That's showing no imagination or creativity.  I expect more out of our students.   Chanting F You to Nova tells me you're at your first game of the season. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2018, 12:22:12 PM »
This isn't about college kids having fun.  You could puke from the 400s and have it land on me and I'd be cool.  But just saying F You to a school like Nova?  That's showing no imagination or creativity.  I expect more out of our students.   Chanting F You to Nova tells me you're at your first game of the season.

Many of them probably were at their first game.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2018, 12:32:03 PM »
Too bad it's too late to put a poll in this thread.  There seem to be three positions.

1. Hey, it's cool, they're college kids for christsakes.

2. It's a fine chant for some schools, but 'Nova is a classy program, and deserves better.

3. It's never appropriate, it makes Marquette appear classless.

I'd vote number two.  Of course, I've never been to Philly for a 'Nova game.  Have we been provoked there?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:35:00 PM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
Too bad it's too late to put a poll in this thread.  There seem to be three positions.

2. It's a fine chant for some schools, but 'Nova is a classy program, and deserves better.

I'd vote number two.  Of course, I've never been to Philly for a 'Nova game.  Have we been provoked there?

I would vote for #1 here. The chant isn't that big of a deal. It's just words. But I do think I have some insight as to when this chant started against Nova. If I recall correctly, the first time I heard (and participated, no shame in that) the chant for Nova games was 2014, Buzz's last game against Nova. I think students chose Nova to replace ND for these chants because Nova and MU played relatively close in years prior.

Also, that 2014 game was the game where we wore the all pink jerseys and Arcidiacono hit a bunch of free throws in OT to seal the deal.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2018, 12:58:07 PM »
I would vote for #1 here. The chant isn't that big of a deal. It's just words.
Maybe would chant the N word tonight.  :o
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »

I'm going to have to vote 2 here. Every time I hear an F the Badgers chant, I can't help but smile.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
Maybe would chant the N word tonight.  :o

You got me. There are SOME words we shouldn't say.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2018, 01:35:21 PM »
I vote #2.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »

I'd vote 3. 

Also, I went to the MU game at the Pavillion in 2016, was one of the very few decked out MU fans, and was well treated.  And it didn't feel like they were being condescending, as it was a 1 point game at half.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2018, 02:38:06 PM »
I'd vote 3. 

Also, I went to the MU game at the Pavillion in 2016, was one of the very few decked out MU fans, and was well treated.  And it didn't feel like they were being condescending, as it was a 1 point game at half.

You sure you were in Philly?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-case-keenum-says-his-family-needed-protection-from-eagles-fans/

🏀

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2018, 02:38:55 PM »

#2, all the way.

The Lens

• All American

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 31, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
2. It's a fine chant for some schools, but Marquette is a classy program, and we are better than this.

FTFY

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2018, 02:51:15 PM »
If I had to choose between a student section that steps over the lines of good taste and one that just sits there, give me the obnoxious ones.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2018, 02:55:09 PM »
So we should feel superior to some schools, but not if they are Jesuit? Got it.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2018, 02:58:15 PM »
I used to give my Badger football friends crap by asking them if their kids sat in Eat Sh*t section or the F*ck You section.  I guess I can't get high and mighty anymore.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2018, 03:10:11 PM »
So we should feel superior to some schools, but not if they are Jesuit? Got it.

I'm confused.  Actually, you're confused.  Nova isn't Jesuit. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:47 PM »
If I had to choose between a student section that steps over the lines of good taste and one that just sits there, give me the obnoxious ones.

Why should you have to choose? I mean, I might prefer a shyte sandwich on whole wheat to one on rye, but I wouldn't order either unless forced.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:24:23 PM by Lennys Tap »

feedback