[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Joey Hauser Enrolling this Semester to MU  (Read 27275 times)

GGGG

• All American
Re: Joey Hauser Enrolling this Semester to MU
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:34 AM »
BTW, this could not have happened had we simply filled out the scholarships for the sake of filling out the scholarships.  Same with the Froling transfer last year.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2018, 11:50:02 AM »
1. This is a good development for MU basketball.
2.  I do not think this is positive for Young Hauser personally.  You only have one senior year of high school . Life happens in the order it happens for a reason. No reason to give up those last great high school days early.

Agreed on both points. But for athletes at his level, I think it's becoming more normal for them to miss out on a lot of the fun that things most high school students experience. I'm sure it will be tough to miss the time spent with his high school team, but all in all, the pros obviously outweighed the cons for Joey and the family. Have Sam around has to help tremendously with this mid-year transition.

I would be willing to bet that a huge part of this decision is based on the medical and PT attention he can get at MU, which will be far superior than he would be able to get through current channels, plus I believe all treatment and therapy for student athletes is free for the athletes. That's a big bonus and may allow him to recover to 100% more quickly.

Marqus Howard

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »
Jarnell Stokes did it for Tennessee a few years back.

That's who I was thinking of too. I can't remember if that was under Bruce Pearl as well or if he was gone by then.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2018, 11:55:48 AM »
I don't know about you Hermie, but freshmen year in college was far better and more memorable than senior year in high school.  And, I couldn't even remember at the time half the weekends freshmen year.
This.  Senior year of HS was fine and all, but it wasn't even remotely as enjoyable as freshman year at MU.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 11:59:45 AM »
2.  I do not think this is positive for Young Hauser personally.  You only have one senior year of high school . Life happens in the order it happens for a reason. No reason to give up those last great high school days early.

Should’ve voiced those opinions when they were discussing it at the dinner table.

Glad you know what’s best for this 17 year old college freshman though. Is that how you know everything about every basketball player MU has been connected to? MU has you on payroll as a life coach?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
This.  Senior year of HS was fine and all, but it wasn't even remotely as enjoyable as freshman year at MU.

Something tells me the reason most of us found freshman year to be so much fun will not apply to Joey...

For a competitive player that loves the game, I assume have a schedule so dedicated to basketball will be a nice change of pace, though. Plus, having the additional coaching attention, scholastic resources, better facilities, and all the other perks of big time D1 hoops will also be an improvement over high school, I would think.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2018, 12:02:30 PM »
Should’ve voiced those opinions when they were discussing it at the dinner table.

Glad you know what’s best for this 17 year old college freshman though. Is that how you know everything about every basketball player MU has been connected to? MU has you on payroll as a life coach?

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2018, 12:03:49 PM »
No reason? Well, that’s not true. The reason is to advance his goals and MU b-ball career. Seems like a good reason......to the Hausers at least, and I would say that they are all that really matters.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2018, 12:04:16 PM »

+1
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2018, 12:07:30 PM »
FWIW, saw him at Saturday's game Point played in La Crosse. Still had large cast on his ankle and was using one of those knee-high unicycle-type things to rest his leg on from his calf down while going to the bench before the game.

Also watched Suggs play the game before that. Looked like he was playing hurt? Hard to get a gauge on how good he might be because the game was no longer competitive by the middle of the 1st half. Good shot though. Reminded me a taller Duane Wilson at the same age.
GO WARRIORS!

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »

He shared an opinion (one I happen to agree with, as a general matter).  Just like 20+ other people on this thread, including you.  Relax.  That's what people do on message boards...particularly when there's a lull in the schedule.

Also, I absolutely love this.  Welcome to Marquette, Joey.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2018, 12:09:59 PM »
I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'll pose it anyway: is there any precedent for graduating HS at semester and joining your college team mid-season?

Hypothetically speaking, are there any loopholes that would have allowed Joey, if healthy, to graduate Friday and suit up next Wednesday?

Happens frequently in football.

Rarely with hoops due to season overlapping semesters.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2018, 12:10:35 PM »
Something tells me the reason most of us found freshman year to be so much fun will not apply to Joey...

For a competitive player that loves the game, I assume have a schedule so dedicated to basketball will be a nice change of pace, though. Plus, having the additional coaching attention, scholastic resources, better facilities, and all the other perks of big time D1 hoops will also be an improvement over high school, I would think.
Oh believe me, the basketball team has a very rugged athletic and academic schedule BUT they find plenty o time to indulge in the simpler pleasures of life. Kegs of natty light and bottles of Henny for days

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2018, 12:15:05 PM »
has Joey graduated from high school?
Who cares? Greet news!

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »
This seems like a poor decision for Joey. And I'm surprised about the Hausers going along with it. After all, a couple posters here - some who have posted in this thread - have, on multiple occasions, mentioned that Wojo's mind games are terrible for players at MU. Now, Joey will be exposed to more of those mind games without the added benefit of him performing on the court. Awful.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2018, 12:24:25 PM »
This is a great move for Joey and MU, love it.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
I believe Joey is incapacitated (docs would assert this) through the end of season.

Therefore, if he met the medical hardship waiver criteria in a FUTURE year, he would be a good candidate for a 5-year rule waiver.

PS- I graduated MU in 3.5 yrs of classes, wasssssup now?!?!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »
I believe Joey is incapacitated (docs would assert this) through the end of season.

Therefore, if he met the medical hardship waiver criteria in a FUTURE year, he would be a good candidate for a 5-year rule waiver.

I graduated in 4 plus a summer and never took more than 14 credit hours in a semester after 1st semester freshman year.

This has nothing to do with Joey Hauser.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
I graduated in 4 plus a summer and never took more than 14 credit hours in a semester after 1st semester freshman year.

This has nothing to do with Joey Hauser.  But I did eat a lot of Arby's.

(Does anyone else remember "Scott" from the Brookfield Arby's circa 1998-2000?  Greatest Arby's employee ever.)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »
With this type of injury can Todd smith even work with him yet?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2018, 12:43:30 PM »
Probably discussed before but does anyone know when joey will be out of the cast

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2018, 12:44:13 PM »
With this type of injury can Todd smith even work with him yet?

Are there parts of the body besides the ankle? If so, I hope Todd can find an exercise that works them.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2018, 12:45:01 PM »

What is the injury exactly?  Did he like have rods/screws,etc put in or is it just a bone fracture.

Heck, some NFL guys have blow out their ACL and been stronger in 10 months, same as baseball with Tommy John surgery.  Sure his injury not even close to these, right? 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
Are there parts of the body besides the ankle? If so, I hope Todd can find an exercise that works them.

I didn't know if that was allowed during a post surgery. It might make the healing process longer or something no need to be snarky
Maigh Eo for Sam