[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Lavar Ball and Kristine Leahy exchange words  (Read 9570 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Lavar Ball and Kristine Leahy exchange words
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:57 PM »

I think you can absolutely bury the kid as a player if his father continues to use this odd platform he has developed  to undermine the coach and the team.

Why? Other than not liking him because of who his family is.  He's not participating in it at all.  He's not out there chirping like his Dad.   Acknowledging that he might not be the best fit in LA give the drama doesn't mean that he's any less of a player.  He wasn't super high on draft boards because scouts were like "Lavar thinks he's great, lets bump him up".

I'm talking strictly as a player.  This isn't a Kaepernick issue about comparative talent not being worth distraction.  This was a consensus top 5 draft pick who has still been above average as a rookie.  This is more on ESPN than the Lakers.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2018, 12:57:02 PM »
Why? Other than not liking him because of who his family is.  He's not participating in it at all.  He's not out there chirping like his Dad.   Acknowledging that he might not be the best fit in LA give the drama doesn't mean that he's any less of a player.  He wasn't super high on draft boards because scouts were like "Lavar thinks he's great, lets bump him up".

I'm talking strictly as a player.  This isn't a Kaepernick issue about comparative talent not being worth distraction.  This was a consensus top 5 draft pick who has still been above average as a rookie.  This is more on ESPN than the Lakers.

Because I don't think he's good enough to be worth the distractions.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
Conspiracy alert: I firmly believe the Lakers front office knew what they were getting into when they drafted Lonzo. Lavar is the ultimate distraction from: "hey we put a boring, crappy product on the floor please don't hate us." This is all to buy time until they sign LBJ this off season and everything else will be moot.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
The highlights from the younger two Ball boys first game in Lithuania is wild.  Treating it like a Globetrotters game...except a lot more bricks.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2018, 06:35:12 PM »
If you're going to trade him for a second round pick you might as well just ban Lavar from all LAL property and if he takes his third kid over to Lithuania so be it.  Unlike the younger 2 (I know some talent evaluators think Lamelo is going to be something, but he's awful), Lonzo could be very good someday if he remakes his shot.  If they want to waste that, good luck to them.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 07:18:17 PM »

Because I don't think he's good enough to be worth the distractions.

the kaepernick thread is in the NFC north/ NFL 2017-18 ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2018, 09:51:20 AM »
(I know some talent evaluators think Lamelo is going to be something, but he's awful)

If he wasn't a Ball, I think he would be.  He has range, a nice shot, scoring ability, etc...  But he's been hyped unnecessarily since he was 14 and he appears to be the most cocky and arrogant of the 3 boys, so he doesn't have a prayer.