[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Angel delgado  (Read 10506 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Angel delgado
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2018, 09:28:42 AM »
While it confirms Delgado made contact with his jacket, it doesn't confirm he yanked it.  Delgado was going to give the baggy jacket wearing bro a casual high five... he wasn't being aggressive about it, wasn't strong-arming it.  But without BJWB's hand to apply Newton's second law, Delgado - not having quite the reaction time as an 8-core fansite server processor - was involuntarily placed into a situation where BJWB's jacket was next in line for contact.  Before he could even react, Delgado's hand might have got caught in BJWB's jacket pocket, or on the 2016 lift ticket twang from Vail that was attached to his jacket.  Who knows... but what is plainly seen here is that we could plainly not see what Delgado's hand did after BJWB pulled the rug out.

Put it this way... if this were an instant replay clip, the ref could go under the hood for 10 minutes and yet whatever the call was on the field would inevitably stand.

Whether or not Delgado is a putz, let's not start a witch hunt for something that may very well be as much fault of BJWB.

I'll put the likelihood of your scenario at .5%. By the preponderance of the information standard utilized by the court of random bums on the internet, I find it more likely than not that Delgado yanked the fans jacket.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2018, 09:35:11 AM »
I'll put the likelihood of your scenario at .5%. By the preponderance of the information standard utilized by the court of random bums on the internet, I find it more likely than not that Delgado yanked the fans jacket.

Please tell me that you don't regularly advocate the suspension of students based on your judgment of "more likely than not"??
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
Please tell me that you don't regularly advocate the suspension of students based on your judgment of "more likely than not"??

In fact,  I judge all of them based that way.  Universities use the "preponderance of the information" standard in conduct cases. To say another way a reasonable person would find it more likely than not that a violation occurred. Civil courts use the same standard. Now I'm very good at my job so it's usually a lot more certain than that but that's beside the point.

Also, I said I found your scenario to be only .5% likely.  That would be enough even for the beyond a reasonable doubt standard  ;D
TAMU

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:04 AM »

Unfortunately I put the likelihood of your judgement being correct at 0.05%. Sorry :(

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:33 AM »
A Delgado suspension would hurt our RPI. I would ask that the student take one for the team.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2018, 09:58:22 AM »
A Delgado suspension would hurt our RPI. I would ask that the student take one for the team.

The first part certainly didn't need to be in teal.  The second part probably doesn't either.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2018, 10:07:24 AM »
Did you mean for that to be teal?  The video shows that no one was jawing, rather the kid had his hand out for a high five. Then he pulls the ancient fake handshake straighten my hair move.

The video shows the kid deserved it, plus even the kid was laughing at it as the video cuts off.

Agreed, a move like that usually results in a nut tap or some other physical altercation.  Fair game!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »
True. Did you see the story about Sanogo this season? Was suspended for a game for violation of team rules and rumor was that he wasn't coming back because it was the final straw. The other seniors supposedly sat down with Willard and convinced him to give Sanogo another chance. The media has been covering it as this story about great teammates looking out for each other. But we don't what Sanogo did. Maybe the proper response was to bench him for the rest of the season.

Sanogo has been suspended twice this season. And from his previous issues off the court (never publicized) he was indeed done for in a Hall uniform. But the trio who have unwieldy power in this program over the last 20 months conveyed to Willard during that meeting that it was either Sanogo back or they would do their own thing.

None of them would leave. But none of them would be coachable for the remaining 20 games of their career. Willard buckled as his normally spineless self does and now the SID office works hard to make it a good story of a second chance.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »
In fact,  I judge all of them based that way.  Universities use the "preponderance of the information" standard in conduct cases. To say another way a reasonable person would find it more likely than not that a violation occurred. Civil courts use the same standard. Now I'm very good at my job so it's usually a lot more certain than that but that's beside the point.

Also, I said I found your scenario to be only .5% likely.  That would be enough even for the beyond a reasonable doubt standard  ;D

What scenario would that be?  The only affirmative statements I made were:

1) The nature of the high-five
2) Delgado doesn't have an 8-core processor brain
3) Newton's Second Law.
4) You can't see Delgado's hand come into contact with the jacket.

Now, in addition to the replay analogy, I gave you two hypotheticals of what might have happened merely as an example that something else could have happened... I'm not advocating that either actually happened, but if you're going to ascribe a 0.5% likelihood to each potential scenario, then I'd be happy to come up with 100 more.

So what it sounds like you're saying is that you are 99.5% sure that Delgado grabbed the jacket.  While I agree that 99.5% otherwise meets the threshold of reasonable doubt, if you're 99.5% sure, you're calling your ability to reason into doubt.

Now if there's additional evidence (other that fanboard hearsay that BJWB got yanked to the ground) that implies Delgado grabbed BJWB's jacket, that would be a completely different story, but I'm sorry... you can't just suspend a D-I basketball player - or any student for that matter - over "video evidence" that consists of a single video that doesn't actually show what happened.  This could very well have been a choreographed manipulation (not saying it was, but hey, now I'm up to 1.5%, right?), but you're essentially saying you'd be willing to punish a student and materially alter the outcome of his team's season (or grades, or career, etc. as the case may be) just because one video doesn't prove you wrong?  If someone else took such a position, I wouldn't be so disturbed by this, but you're the only one here who actually has nearly 70,000 students under his thumb, so yeah... it's a bit concerning.

(By the way, I reserve the right to make the last paragraph disappear the moment MU is matched up with TAMU in the dance.)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2018, 10:26:48 AM »

Have you even seen American Vandal? Dylan Maxwell was treated very unfairly using exactly this logic.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 10:32:34 AM »
Have you even seen American Vandal? Dylan Maxwell was treated very unfairly using exactly this logic.

Anyone here ever play video games with Delgado's girlfriend?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2018, 10:39:25 AM »

This is kind of silly - there is not a preponderance of information that Delgado had ill intent either.  In fact it just looked like a mistake + a kid acting stupid and laughing.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:19 AM »
I really can't tell if I'm having a conversation with serious Benny or permateal Benny.

The video shows the jacket was yanked. It also shows based on how the jacket was yanked that the only person in position  to yank it in such a way was Delgado. Combined with at least one witness (but I think its two because I don't think TV Director and the guy who put the video on instragam are the same person but don't know for sure) who described it as Delgado yanking the kid by the jacket. Now if I was actually investigating this there would be interviews with others around the scene including Delgado. Based on the limited evidence we have, I'm well past the 50.1% threshold required to have an opinion on the internet. Now it's possible additional evidence would change that but given this is a random internet fight and not an actual thing, more evidence is not likely to be presented. I am comfortable with my opinion that Delgado definitely yanked the kid by the jacket.

Also, I wouldn't suspend Delgado over this. I don't even think of him badly because of this. I think he did something stupid that a lot of people would do. But if I'm his coach, I don't want my star player doing anything that the unpredictable NCAA could use as grounds for a suspension.

I have, an excellent show. Possibly the best thing I watch in 2017. Goes to show that no justice system is perfect.

Anyone here ever play video games with Delgado's girlfriend?

Lolz
TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2018, 11:03:20 AM »
This is kind of silly - there is not a preponderance of information that Delgado had ill intent either.  In fact it just looked like a mistake + a kid acting stupid and laughing.

Never said there was ill intent. In fact I agree that it "looked like a mistake + a kid acting stupid and laughing." I think Delgado did something dumb in the moment that a lot of people would do.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2018, 11:07:29 AM »
So is the general consensus that Seton Hall is going to fold like a cheap tent next year?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2018, 11:08:46 AM »
I can't believe this is being discussed like this. I watched the video and it was instantly obvious that nothing malicious happened. Why do MU fans always want to whine about the big bad meanies on the other team?.

It looked like a SH fan - blue jacket - who was playing jokingly messin' with AD, so he pulled his jacket in fun as an acknowledgement. Just as he joked with Rowsey after getting burned on "thething".

I'll take Delgado on my team any time.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2018, 11:13:02 AM »
So is the general consensus that Seton Hall is going to fold like a cheap tent next year?

They keep Powell and bring in two decent transfers in Quincy McKnight (19 points and 3 assists per game for Sacred Heart) and Taureen Thompson (former top 100 with 9 points and 4 rebound per game for Syracuse). Beyond that....looks pretty dicey. Nzei and Cale will have to step up big for them to be any good and they will have to find a bench somewhere. Their 2018 recruiting class doesn't appear to have any instant impact players at this point.
TAMU

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »
Thanks TAMU. And on another topic,  I'm glad that our coach is 100% in charge.  Can't even fathom him ceding control to players. Certainly don't pretend to know the Hall situation but that won't be our challenge under the current leadership.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2018, 11:53:10 AM »
They keep Powell and bring in two decent transfers in Quincy McKnight (19 points and 3 assists per game for Sacred Heart) and Taureen Thompson (former top 100 with 9 points and 4 rebound per game for Syracuse). Beyond that....looks pretty dicey. Nzei and Cale will have to step up big for them to be any good and they will have to find a bench somewhere. Their 2018 recruiting class doesn't appear to have any instant impact players at this point.

I'll add a word about Jordan Walker. He is a little under the radar. Already left the team for a week earlier this season (was welcomed back without any concern) but there is some talent in him. Not quite a top tier PG but one who could make them at least competitive.

Issue with Powell is his game may be limited to shooting. He's not crafty like Rodriguez nor quick like Carrington so his attacking the hoop comes when teams overplay those two guys. But it all falls on Thompson. Inside the program the hope is that he blossoms during this off year and becomes a transformative talent. Those who saw him in prep and at Cuse have doubts this is possible.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2018, 12:35:55 PM »
The last page and a half of this thread are going into the time capsule as the reason Scoop is the absolute best.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »
The last page and a half of this thread are going into the time capsule as the reason Scoop is the absolute best.

I can't tell sometimes if it is the "absolute best" or "absolute worst". 8-)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2018, 01:30:22 PM »
While it confirms Delgado made contact with his jacket, it doesn't confirm he yanked it.  Delgado was going to give the baggy jacket wearing bro a casual high five... he wasn't being aggressive about it, wasn't strong-arming it.  But without BJWB's hand to apply Newton's second law, Delgado - not having quite the reaction time as an 8-core fansite server processor - was involuntarily placed into a situation where BJWB's jacket was next in line for contact.  Before he could even react, Delgado's hand might have got caught in BJWB's jacket pocket, or on the 2016 lift ticket twang from Vail that was attached to his jacket.  Who knows... but what is plainly seen here is that we could plainly not see what Delgado's hand did after BJWB pulled the rug out.

Put it this way... if this were an instant replay clip, the ref could go under the hood for 10 minutes and yet whatever the call was on the field would inevitably stand.

Whether or not Delgado is a putz, let's not start a witch hunt for something that may very well be as much fault of BJWB.

I've got a court date on Tuesday for a traffic ticket.  Can you handle it?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2018, 01:58:40 PM »

Zaprudered
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2018, 02:03:27 PM »
I've got a court date on Tuesday for a traffic ticket.  Can you handle it?

Get your checkbook ready.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2018, 02:12:15 PM »
Anybody see the smoke from the grassy knoll?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter