[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Rowsey and Howard  (Read 5319 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Rowsey and Howard
« on: January 07, 2018, 04:18:48 PM »
If they could get hot at the same time that could mean a huge run in the tournament.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Rowsey and Howard
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 04:20:48 PM »
I’m more worried about getting to the Tournament this year.

I think our inability to defend and stay out of foul trouble will keep us from any kind of run if we get there. Next year and beyond I think we can start making second weekends.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:25:06 PM »

I think our inability to defend and stay out of foul trouble will keep us from any kind of run if we get there. Next year and beyond I think we can start making second weekends.

Yup
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:31:43 PM »
Can Hauser, Howard, and Rowsey all click in the same game? Wisconsin is the only game I can remember where all three got hot

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »
If you believe Pomeroy, MU will lose four of its next five. During this stretch, MU needs a couple of players to step up besides the Big 3 and contribute (not just play) consistently. The frosh tandem seem to have some fight in their dogs.

The underclass small ball line up might offer us fans some optimism for The Dance. It gave us the best run yesterday.

g0lden3agle

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 04:56:24 PM »
If you believe Pomeroy, MU will lose four of its next five. During this stretch, MU needs a couple of players to step up besides the Big 3 and contribute (not just play) consistently. The frosh tandem seem to have some fight in their dogs.

The underclass small ball line up might offer us fans some optimism for The Dance. It gave us the best run yesterday.

Last season our run to The Dance began as we realized we needed to get Rowsey and Howard in the lineup together as much as possible.  This year it might come as we realize we need to stagger their minutes as much as possible.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 05:00:01 PM »
Can Hauser, Howard, and Rowsey all click in the same game? Wisconsin is the only game I can remember where all three got hot

I don’t fully get this line of thinking as we have been in the 80s and 90s the past few games despite all three not being hot.  Maybe we can do 10 points better than that.  For us to beat Xavier and VUs of the world we should be praying for just a few more stops or a few less fouls (putting them on the line less)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:02:00 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 05:06:29 PM »
I think we need to switch their positions. After watching the last 2 games, with Markus playing a lot of point guard, I think he is more effective running the offense.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 05:08:11 PM »
I don’t fully get this line of thinking as we have been in the 80s and 90s the past few games despite all three not being hot.  Maybe we can do 10 points better than that.  For us to beat Xavier and VUs of the world we should be praying for just a few more stops or a few less fouls (putting them on the line less)

Efficiency is more important than the point total.  Yes others stepped up. Cain stepped up against Xavier, Anim & Elliott vs Nova, Howard was essentially two players vs Providence.

If the big 3 are all hot, MU just needs one good scorer or two decent ones to win. Makes winning a bit easier.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2018, 05:08:40 PM »

Agreed.  We have solid talent.  The frosh - most notably Elliott and Cain - are way ahead of where I thought they'd be right now.  Both can shoot and have shown things on D that neither Howard nor Rowsey have, so maybe we want to have two of our three best defenders (Anim, Cain and Elliott) on the court most of the time.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
To me this looks like a tournament team. I’m not sure what combination of wins will get them there, but I definitely expect a bid
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 05:13:51 PM »
To me this looks like a tournament team. I’m not sure what combination of wins will get them there, but I definitely expect a bid

I think the team is better than some teams that will have higher seeds than us. Our issue is the BE is so friggin tough. I legitimately think we would finish top 4 out of 14 in the B1G, but there is a chance (I expect we finish somewhere between 4-6, but a chance) that we finish 8 out of 10 in the BE. Wins are so much harder to come by in the BE than they are anywhere outside of the Big 12.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »

Not allowing 90 points to opponents
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 05:21:33 PM »
Not allowing 90 points to opponents

No matta as long as we score more than 90 points.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »
I think we need to switch their positions. After watching the last 2 games, with Markus playing a lot of point guard, I think he is more effective running the offense.

Howard playing the point has been horrendous all season. He's also not as good of a shot creator as Rowsey is.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 05:41:19 PM »

Xavier we didn't get enough from them tho.

If Markus is even half way to Markus level we win
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 05:46:30 PM »
Howard playing the point has been horrendous all season. He's also not as good of a shot creator as Rowsey is.

Yeah I don't agree with your last sentence at all.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 05:53:15 PM »
He looked great to me scoring 52 points, many as point guard.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 05:57:19 PM »
He looked great to me scoring 52 points, many as point guard.
When he is shooting as much as he is, he is not really playing point guard.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 06:04:59 PM »
It seems to me he does better when he starts with the ball then coming around screens.  Neither guy is a true point guard.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2018, 06:34:35 PM »
When he is shooting as much as he is, he is not really playing point guard.

You have an outdated notion of what a point guard does.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2018, 07:08:41 PM »
Yeah I don't agree with your last sentence at all.

Look at some of his highlights. Lots of his points come off a pass from the top of the key on spot ups. The only real move he has on ball is the crossover step back.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2018, 07:13:03 PM »
I just watched the last 6 minutes, and overtime, of the Providence game and many of his points came off drives to the basket.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2018, 07:21:55 PM »
This is a very flawed team but it is a tournament team.  And a tournament team that none of the high seeds wants to play against to boot.  Get hot from outside and we can make some noise.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2018, 12:08:37 PM »
It is all about matchups, and improving our interior D.  Get matched up with a team like Kentucky or Cinci that cannot shoot to save their lives, and they'd have a real tough time keeping us with our scoring.  Problem is, those teams would just dunk and layup us to death if our D doesn't improve. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

feedback