[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by willie warrior
[Today at 05:36:43 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???  (Read 116450 times)

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
Re: What Are You Watching in 2019 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #350 on: September 12, 2019, 12:30:24 AM »
Just started Derry girls. It's pretty funny

Me too. Really enjoying it so far. I can understand the accents and slang thanks to my extended time inIreland but my wife is struggling a bit.   ;D

The thing that gets me is the actress playing Erin is 25 and Claire is 32. Must have found the fountain of youth in Derry!
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2019, 09:16:40 PM »
Me too. Really enjoying it so far. I can understand the accents and slang thanks to my extended time inIreland but my wife is struggling a bit.   ;D

I gave up and put closed captioning on  :P
Have some patience, FFS.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #352 on: September 14, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »
Bill Burr new Netflix standup is good.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #353 on: September 14, 2019, 11:00:52 AM »
On an "old film" streak right now (inspired I think by rewatching QT movies recently), mostly films that I missed or had only watched parts of  (exception Chinatown, which I have seen 4 or 5 times):

Bonnie & Clyde (I challenge anyone to name a more beautiful/sexy actress than Faye Dunaway in this film; I had of course seen her in many other films [see Network and Chinatown below], but B&C is a revelation).

The Third Man

Network

Mean Streets

Chinatown

Great Escape (original)

I recommend all of them.  Kind of a sky is blue recommendation, but anyway...

Just watched On the Waterfront. Perhaps Brando's best performance and a young Eva Marie Saint's first performance.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #354 on: September 14, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »
Just watched On the Waterfront. Perhaps Brando's best performance and a young Eva Marie Saint's first performance.

Brando was amazing

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #355 on: September 14, 2019, 05:25:29 PM »
Sticks and Stones, Dave Chappelle’s new comedy show on Netflix

SJW’s.....don’t bother.  It was great!!
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #356 on: September 14, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »
Sticks and Stones, Dave Chappelle’s new comedy show on Netflix

SJW’s.....don’t bother.  It was great!!

You absolutely, positively, did NOT need to add the 2nd sentence.

Having said that, I hope this thread doesn't get de-railed as it has been a solid source of info thus far.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #357 on: September 14, 2019, 08:39:09 PM »
You absolutely, positively, did NOT need to add the 2nd sentence.

Having said that, I hope this thread doesn't get de-railed as it has been a solid source of info thus far.

It was a fair warning of the content....he exposes the Cancel Culture throughout....brilliantly done.  And the reason why I said it, he is normally appealing to that group, but he takes a different turn on this one because of far crazy people have gone
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #358 on: September 14, 2019, 08:54:12 PM »
Watched Rebellion on Netflix. Saw the first season when it was a mini-series on History Channel(Easter Uprising) and now there is a second season with some of the same characters involved centered on the action leading up to the peace treaty.....I'm guessing there will be a 3rd season that focuses on the Irish Civil War.

Very solid show that definitely had some twists and turns I didn't see coming.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #359 on: September 14, 2019, 09:23:43 PM »
It was a fair warning of the content....he exposes the Cancel Culture throughout....brilliantly done.  And the reason why I said it, he is normally appealing to that group, but he takes a different turn on this one because of far crazy people have gone

He normally appeals to cancel culture? Your knowledge of Chappelle is lacking.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2019, 09:44:13 AM »
He normally appeals to cancel culture? Your knowledge of Chappelle is lacking.

He most certainly doesn’t appeal to cancel culture, which is the whole point of why I loved this special.  How insane it has gotten.  I worded it poorly.  Let’s try it this way.  In his shows he will talk about his disdain for certain people, shall we say, policy makers.  He will also talk about his bromance with one particular person.  That’s fine, his right.  Many other supporters of those stances are on the cancel culture crusade....he is not.  Hopefully that clears it up.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 09:52:13 AM by Cheeks »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2019, 10:00:06 AM »
It is also within people's rights to organize boycotts, etc. to get shows cancelled. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #362 on: September 15, 2019, 10:09:21 AM »
It is also within people's rights to organize boycotts, etc. to get shows cancelled.

Yup, and for comedians to expose their lunacy.

Justice for Juicy.   I don’t think I have laughed harder in that part of the show in quite some time.  No wonder Vox hated it.  Lol

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #363 on: September 15, 2019, 10:21:45 AM »
I'm glad you are easilly amused.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #364 on: September 15, 2019, 10:25:34 AM »
Solheim Cup.   Great theater.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »
Started Carnival Row on Amazon Prime. So far I find the world interesting, but am not sold that I love it just yet. Bloom and Delavigne are fine...I don't know, I just don't get into her acting. She comes off as somewhat flat and not very charismatic to me...like ever. Maybe those are just the roles she gets. I'll finish the first season to see how the storyline pans out, but not as engaged as some other shows.

Also rewatching Breaking Bad now. The first season doesn't feel as slow-paced the second time through. I remember feeling like the guy in the basement, Walt in class, all those moments just seemed to drag. Second time through it feels faster-paced. Not sure why, I would think the opposite would've been true.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2019, 02:34:28 PM »
Just watched first two episodes of Unbelievable.

Pretty gripping stuff so far, and the lead actress (Kaitlyn Dever) is very talented -- good in every role she plays.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #367 on: September 16, 2019, 02:43:04 AM »
Bill Burr - Paper Tiger

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #368 on: September 16, 2019, 06:45:04 AM »
Just watched first two episodes of Unbelievable.

Pretty gripping stuff so far, and the lead actress (Kaitlyn Dever) is very talented -- good in every role she plays.

She was my second favorite thing in Justified just behind Timothy Oliphant
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2019, 08:53:09 AM »

Added to the list-thanks.  One of those that I have seen scenes from, but never watched in full.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2019, 09:00:05 AM »
Watched the pilot for Euphoria.  Don't think I'll continue.  Very difficult to watch (with good acting and interesting direction and tone).  While I don't *believe* it accurately depicts HS life in 98% of the country, just in case I am wrong I am glad that my kids are well past HS.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #371 on: September 16, 2019, 10:15:24 AM »
She was my second favorite thing in Justified just behind Timothy Oliphant

Yep, she was great in a limited role in Justified, that's for sure.

Watched the pilot for Euphoria.  Don't think I'll continue.  Very difficult to watch (with good acting and interesting direction and tone).  While I don't *believe* it accurately depicts HS life in 98% of the country, just in case I am wrong I am glad that my kids are well past HS.

Watched the whole season. There were a couple of times I asked myself, out loud, Why are you still watching this? It was mostly depressing. But, as you say, the acting was good and it was strangely compelling to watch the various meltdowns.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #372 on: September 16, 2019, 10:16:25 AM »
Anyone here watch Stargate? Currently watching all 15 seasons.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #373 on: September 16, 2019, 10:49:34 AM »
Anyone here watch Stargate? Currently watching all 15 seasons.

Huge fan....even liked Atlantis spin off. Though anything with Macgyver has gotten me in.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #374 on: September 16, 2019, 10:50:59 AM »
Huge fan....even liked Atlantis spin off. Though anything with Macgyver has gotten me in.

I also enjoyed Atlantis and its more serialized seasons. We don't talk about that other spin off.

feedback