Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: G, how did MU do that?  (Read 24748 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: G, how did MU do that?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2017, 08:13:25 PM »
Actually, credit goes to Homer's Marquette intern (also a chick, but BTW) , who brought it to his attention. I was just passing along the info.

Wen duz a chick becum a broad, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2017, 08:23:19 PM »
Never. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2017, 08:49:48 PM »
Guys, rebounding margin isn't a thing
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »
My 2 cents -
It’s reassuring knowing we are better than this. Especially Markus. Let’s show it at PV.

Heldt plays basketball from a manual entitled “This is how you play Center”. He Needs to be more of a real basketball player. He was ok on D but I thought mechanical and lost on O.

Help D was a lot better.

We played sloppy...thank goodness GT is bad at passing and handling it he ball

🏀

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2017, 09:48:21 PM »
No Wojo bias from me. Ugly game and GU is horrible.

You are such a kitten.

Big tuna

• Walk-On
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2017, 09:48:32 PM »
Georgetown coaching and erratic play ironically reminds me of us 2 years ago. 20 plus T O’s !   
Sloppy decisions. Remember that?  In time Ewing and his team will improve.  MU taken care of business is encouraging.  In my opinion,  The Sac Man #2 should never leave the floor!

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2017, 10:07:42 PM »
I'm more than a little concerned.  That was a very poor offensive performance against a team that isn't very good.  Our offense consists of running pick and rolls looking for the guard to either shoot the 3 or drive the hole.  If that doesn't work our guys pass it back out and try again.  We don't put pressure on the defense from any other angles.  We're way too predictable.  A lot of our points in the second half came from AR bombing away from deep.  That's not going to get it done against better teams.  I'm more than a little concerned.

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »
It’s often been said this team will win some it shouldn’t and lose a couple it shouldn’t this year.  Today MU played one of those “lose one they shouldn’t” games and got the win after leading the whole way.  That’s the beauty of this team...you can overcome  ugly games when you have three shooters all capable of going for 30 on any given night. 

I'm actually encouraged by the first two games...a loss where mu played well enough to beat most Big East teams and an ugly win.  Here’s how I see it...the best road to 10-8 is to sweep Georgetown and DePaul, steal a game from Xavier or Nova and go .500 versus the rest.  MU played a stinker and is still on track for the first part, and that Xavier game leaves me encouraged for the third part, with the newcomers starting to contribute. 

chapman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2017, 10:15:45 PM »
Thought the defense was quite good for ~34 minutes.  "Easy turnovers" must be similar to "basic assists".  A little concerned that Rowsey had to dump in nearly half our points.  Surprised at the low minutes from the bench (39 total), though I guess the big three are probably always a lock for 30+ in a competitive game and Sacar and Matt played well.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »
I saw very little of this game because I was on the road. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

I did see the X game and was quite encouraged. Sounds like our lads played much better in losing that one than we did in winning this one.

Win at least one next week, and I'll continue to be very encouraged. Win both, I'll be over the moon. Lose both and I won't panic because neither should be counted on, that's for sure.

I just about never get upset or even especially concerned after a win.

Go Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2017, 10:44:23 PM »

Go Marquette!

This. End of the season no one is going to say 'oh, they played ugly at Georgetown. Send them to the NIT'.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2017, 10:46:26 PM »
I saw very little of this game because I was on the road. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

I did see the X game and was quite encouraged. Sounds like our lads played much better in losing that one than we did in winning this one.

Win at least one next week, and I'll continue to be very encouraged. Win both, I'll be over the moon. Lose both and I won't panic because neither should be counted on, that's for sure.

Go Marquette!

If we win at Nova I'll personally give everyone in this thread $100
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2017, 10:49:33 PM »
This. End of the season no one is going to say 'oh, they played ugly at Georgetown. Send them to the NIT'.

True. Everyone plays ugly against G'town. They don't give up easy scores.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2017, 10:51:31 PM »
Coast to coast victory that never felt in doubt despite the offense struggling. Color me encouraged.

I'm not worried about our offense, we know its one of the best in the country, they will bounce back. I am encouraged that our defense is capable of turning in these types of performances.

Marquette had a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left. They let the air out of the ball a little too early and even so they won by 9....which is what we were "supposed" to win by. This is the Big East. Double digit victories are often few and far between. Just ask Xavier about their game with DePaul.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2017, 11:09:48 PM »
I love Scoop. When Georgetown has a lead for 95% of the game against Syracuse we start a thread worrying that they may not be the automatic wins we expected. When they lead Butler for 95% of the game the thread pops right back up.

When MU is winning games 90-84 we’re complaining that we’ll never be able to just win a game in the 70s and always have to outscore teams.

When the same team we question whether is as bad as expected or not comes to Milwaukee and we never trail in the game, while the team they took to double overtime smokes up #1 and undefeated Villanova, we complain that our offense is “very concerning” and Georgetown sucks.

Some people just aren’t happy unless they are unhappy. Always need something to complain about.

Oh well, hopefully we get the usual suspects crying over a win in Rhode Island Wednesday.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:13:02 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2017, 11:15:43 PM »
Brutal to watch. Georgetown is horrible. Not much positives from this game, IMO. MU will need far better performances than today to post a BE winning record.
Saw D improve, saw us being physical when pushed. Think game was sloppy because we played an athletic but bad team. Haword had another bad game and Sam had a so so game and still won the game. I like how we can win with different players helping out, Cain / Sacar
Goal is National Championship

6Under20

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2017, 11:19:29 PM »
Was at a wedding and saw the score and was feeling good... then read through this thread.  Now I’m not feeling so good.  (Mostly wanted to get in on PGs $100 offer ;) )

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2017, 11:21:05 PM »
I love Scoop. When Georgetown has a lead for 95% of the game against Syracuse we start a thread worrying that they may not be the automatic wins we expected. When they lead Butler for 95% of the game the thread pops right back up.

When MU is winning games 90-84 we’re complaining that we’ll never be able to just win a game in the 70s and always have to outscore teams.

When the same team we question whether is as bad as expected or not comes to Milwaukee and we never trail in the game, while the team they took to double overtime smokes up #1 and undefeated Villanova, we complain that our offense is “very concerning” and Georgetown sucks.

Some people just aren’t happy unless they are unhappy. Always need something to complain about.

Oh well, hopefully we get the usual suspects crying over a win in Rhode Island Wednesday.

This is spot on

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2017, 11:33:41 PM »
Guys, rebounding margin isn't a thing

#ReboundingNoMatta?

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2017, 11:59:51 PM »

Commenting just to be included in this thread :)

Boone

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2017, 12:03:12 AM »
same here

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2017, 12:13:39 AM »

Well that is awful nice of you.  I actually think it will happen.

source?

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2017, 12:21:41 AM »

In

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2017, 12:35:27 AM »
We were out rebounded because we took 9 more shots than Georgetown. We had more offensive rebounds (10-9).

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2017, 12:43:41 AM »
Coast to coast victory that never felt in doubt despite the offense struggling. Color me encouraged.

I'm not worried about our offense, we know its one of the best in the country, they will bounce back. I am encouraged that our defense is capable of turning in these types of performances.

Marquette had a 15 point lead with 5 minutes left. They let the air out of the ball a little too early and even so they won by 9....which is what we were "supposed" to win by. This is the Big East. Double digit victories are often few and far between. Just ask Xavier about their game with DePaul.

This. Never felt in doubt but when it got close, our senior drew out his sling.  This was a special game by Andrew.

Defensive game plan was solid too. I thought Wojo did a good job changing defenses out of time outs.

Note:  I thought Cain deserved more minutes and Sam needs to get more shots.  His 14% usage needs to be in the 20s.  Many times he passed open shots.

feedback