collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: PMT trashes MU campus  (Read 5561 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: PMT trashes MU campus
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »
I mean, Big Cat certainly isn't wrong in that regards. That's actually a pretty good assessment of Marquette's campus.

The walk across the 9th street bridge in the winter is brutal, and that passage by Olin engineering isn't exactly a walk in the park either.

Edited.  I had the names all wrong.  But yes, PFT's take was correct that the campus is a giant wind tunnel.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2017, 07:52:47 AM »
So podcasts--- I now have around 30 in rotation.  Political and pop culture mostly, with a little sports and some curiosities thrown in.  To me, a successful podcast is less driven by content than by personality (if a solo) or interaction.  If you haven't listened, I recommend finding someone you like (Bill Simmons, Alec Baldwin, Katie Curic, Larry Wilmore, JJ Redick (!), Tim Ferris, lots of conservative and liberal radio hosts/bloggers...there are thousands) and work your way in that way.

And as far as PMT goes, IMO, it is smart and funny and often gloriously childish.  A guilty pleasure and a fun way to find common ground with my 23 year old.  90% of the rest of Bar Stool (at least what I have sampled) is misogynistic racist trash.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2017, 08:32:18 AM »
So podcasts--- I now have around 30 in rotation.  Political and pop culture mostly, with a little sports and some curiosities thrown in.  To me, a successful podcast is less driven by content than by personality (if a solo) or interaction.  If you haven't listened, I recommend finding someone you like (Bill Simmons, Alec Baldwin, Katie Curic, Larry Wilmore, JJ Redick (!), Tim Ferris, lots of conservative and liberal radio hosts/bloggers...there are thousands) and work your way in that way.

And as far as PMT goes, IMO, it is smart and funny and often gloriously childish.  A guilty pleasure and a fun way to find common ground with my 23 year old.  90% of the rest of Bar Stool (at least what I have sampled) is misogynistic racist trash.

I do a lot of history podcasts. The History of Rome, Revolutions, and Hardcore History are all solid options.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »
I do a lot of history podcasts. The History of Rome, Revolutions, and Hardcore History are all solid options.
[/quotHardcore is remarkable.  I'll have to check out the other two; thanks