[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Is Rowsey going to lead or sulk?  (Read 11421 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Is Rowsey going to lead or sulk?
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
If Rowsey plays in similar fashion the majority of the time and if Froling can play, some optimism for BE play. I never questioned if Rowsey could play or not, only his ability to play within a team concept. Fingers crossed.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 11:15:37 AM »
I'm sure there will still be games where Rowsey will have an opportunity to go off and get his 25 pts. Defenses are going to focus more and more on Markus now that he is back in form (and then some), which may create more opportunities for AR to  score without completely focusing on "me first." Kudos to him for being able to adjust to a different mindset last night other than his clear instinctual one to be a scorer. He's going to have a huge impact on the outcome of our season, one way or another. Hopefully last night was an indication that he is willing to be the type of player the team needs him to be, rather than the one he would probably prefer to be.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »
If Rowsey plays in similar fashion the majority of the time and if Froling can play, some optimism for BE play. I never questioned if Rowsey could play or not, only his ability to play within a team concept. Fingers crossed.

+1

Similar to what seemed to happen with Katin at the beginning of last year--too much hero ball.  If AR can buy into the team concept and realize that he is perhaps for the first time in his life NOT the best pure scorer on the team, I think this team still has a lot of potential in BE play. 

If he can be opportunistic and take shots when the defenses allow him, he can still put up 15-20 points per game (while grabbing 5-10 assists) without needing to take 15 shots to get there.

slingkong

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 01:10:00 PM »
Doesn't the answer to the OP ultimately come down to judgement of his slaps of five?

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 01:22:16 PM »
Doesn't the answer to the OP ultimately come down to judgement of his slaps of five?
If Rowsey leads us to a Big East title and an Elite 8 (ala Vander Blue), he can exude whatever body language he wishes.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2017, 02:31:05 PM »

It's interesting to still keep attention on a program you publicly disowned 13 months ago.

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »
I was very impressed with how Rowsey responded and played last night. He limited his turnovers, made some great decisions/passes which resulted in assists, and knocked down some open shots which were big. He played within the game and didn't try to play "hero ball". Night and day difference between Georgia game Rowsey and last night. We need last night's version from here on out. If he can simply play within himself and within the game, we can be good. Like some of you mentioned, he'll have nights where he'll have a bunch of good looks and go for 20+ points. Otherwise, a 10-15 point game and limited turnovers is all we need.

I was very impressed with how the squad played last night. Probably their best game this season. Offense ran well.

Beat the Badgers....

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 02:51:37 PM »
You think the coach has nothing to do with guys transferring out of the program? A guy like Deonte leaving when he has family issues is one thing, but these guys didn't have anything going on outside the program to draw them away that I'm aware of. Losing a number of guys mid-year doesn't seem to be the norm for college hoops, so I do think some of this falls on Wojo.
What seems odd to me is that Cohen, Traci and Cheatham all left the team before the semester ended.
Why would you not finish out the semester before you tell Wojo you are quitting. I assume they all stayed in school.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2017, 03:01:02 PM »
I was very impressed with how Rowsey responded and played last night. He limited his turnovers, made some great decisions/passes which resulted in assists, and knocked down some open shots which were big. He played within the game and didn't try to play "hero ball". Night and day difference between Georgia game Rowsey and last night. We need last night's version from here on out. If he can simply play within himself and within the game, we can be good. Like some of you mentioned, he'll have nights where he'll have a bunch of good looks and go for 20+ points. Otherwise, a 10-15 point game and limited turnovers is all we need.

I was very impressed with how the squad played last night. Probably their best game this season. Offense ran well.

Beat the Badgers....
I was amazed at some of Rowsey's passes last night. I did not know he could pass the ball so well. That was a beautiful full court pass to Cain that Cain did not handle. However, I see a big difference between Georgia and Vermont. Georgia had quick long players that could put pressure on our guards, which contributed to Rowsey's bad game. I did not see the same type of pressure from Vermont which made things easier for Rowsey. Players can have good and bad games and the type of opponent does matter.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »
Golden

I am on here to balance out the fxxkin idiots that post on here and provide value to those that would like to discuss MU ball. Not sure if I ever disowned the Marquette Men's basketball program, will take your word on that one. Disowned tickets, but do not remember disowning the program.

Weren't you the SH expert last year? It is funny, but I had to look you up because I had no idea who you were.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 03:19:49 PM »
I was amazed at some of Rowsey's passes last night. I did not know he could pass the ball so well. That was a beautiful full court pass to Cain that Cain did not handle. However, I see a big difference between Georgia and Vermont. Georgia had quick long players that could put pressure on our guards, which contributed to Rowsey's bad game. I did not see the same type of pressure from Vermont which made things easier for Rowsey. Players can have good and bad games and the type of opponent does matter.

I forgot about that lob to Cain.  Was that a TO on Rowdy or Cain?  Because if that was Rowdys one turnover that makes his performance last night even better
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 03:31:39 PM »
Golden

I am on here to balance out the fxxkin idiots that post on here and provide value to those that would like to discuss MU ball.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »
Kook

What camp do you think you are in?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:11 PM »
I don't think we have many f#cking idiots on this board.  Just different types of fans
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2017, 03:49:58 PM »
I love when posters question other posters fanhood on a Marquette basketball message board.  A few things to note:

1) This is an unaffiliated site, no 247, Scout, Rivals etc to give us cross over trolls.  People here are by and large MU affiliated
2) We also sort of know each other...just from reading this board I'm pretty confident that Goose is from MKE, and went to MU in the early 80's, has followed the team ever since.
3) Everyone seems to have some historical understanding of MU and their accomplishments (and failings)

What you're saying when you question the fanhood of someone is that they don't cheer like you want people to cheer.  Fine, that's your prerogative but remember, if you post here, chances are pretty great that you're way too big of a MU fan and might actually have a problem and need to develop a hobby.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

fjm

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2017, 04:26:26 PM »
I love when posters question other posters fanhood on a Marquette basketball message board.  A few things to note:

1) This is an unaffiliated site, no 247, Scout, Rivals etc to give us cross over trolls.  People here are by and large MU affiliated
2) We also sort of know each other...just from reading this board I'm pretty confident that Goose is from MKE, and went to MU in the early 80's, has followed the team ever since.
3) Everyone seems to have some historical understanding of MU and their accomplishments (and failings)

What you're saying when you question the fanhood of someone is that they don't cheer like you want people to cheer.  Fine, that's your prerogative but remember, if you post here, chances are pretty great that you're way too big of a MU fan and might actually have a problem and need to develop a hobby.

Bingo.

Goose you know your stuff to be certain. But I wouldn't get too excited about the "value" you "provide". Just saying... everyone brings a little of something different. And I'm not quite sure you say much that is of value to me at least. (Insert you responding that it is because I don't know what value is)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
fjm

I was teasing. Golden rode my fanny last year and felt the need to re-engage in doing so again. I can say that I am no more of fan than anyone on here. I might have a leg up on some regarding history of program, but definitely far from knowing my stuff in comparison to others. Again, I was joking.

Lens

Correct on about 90% of your post. School in the early 80's, from MKE, but a fan since late 60's. For the record, I think Sultan is far bigger fan and I love how much he loves the program. Refresh my memory, how do we sort know of each other?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2017, 05:52:08 PM »

this is a great post

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »
fjm

I was teasing. Golden rode my fanny last year and felt the need to re-engage in doing so again. I can say that I am no more of fan than anyone on here. I might have a leg up on some regarding history of program, but definitely far from knowing my stuff in comparison to others. Again, I was joking.

Lens

Correct on about 90% of your post. School in the early 80's, from MKE, but a fan since late 60's. For the record, I think Sultan is far bigger fan and I love how much he loves the program. Refresh my memory, how do we sort know of each other?

Thanks Goose. I appreciate your perspective as well.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2017, 10:17:50 PM »
fjm

I agree with you, I really don’t provide a ton of value on this board. I always like when I agree with another poster and could not agree more with your assessment of my content. Actually, made my day.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 05:31:29 AM by Goose »

fjm

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2017, 05:09:35 AM »
fjm

I agree with you, I really don’t provide a ton of value on this board. I always like when I agree with another poster and could not agree more with your assessment or f my content. Actually, made my day.

Haha. Fair enough boss! You do provide good content and I'm sure many people value your content much more than I. Also I do appreciate that you always reply directly to the poster and I'm not asking you to always agree with people.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2017, 07:17:48 AM »
Kumbaya...... kumbaya.       FWIW, I wouldn't have it any other way. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2017, 11:04:14 AM »
"If two people agree on everything, one of them is irrelevant."
Attributed to Winston Churchill
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2017, 11:10:46 AM »
"If two people agree on everything, one of them is irrelevant."
Attributed to Winston Churchill
"If one person is an egregious ahole, it doesn't mean the other person isn't one too" - W. Churchill