[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo's seat  (Read 64487 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Wojo's seat
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2017, 09:42:47 PM »
I'm sure this is mostly just tongue in cheek, but let's not oversell a win over a small mid-major at home. This was a great performance with a lot of positives, but we should be expected to win this kind of game at home. Not trying to be a downer here or nit pick the game, but tonight isn't the kind of W that makes a difference for a coach's standing. This one isn't going on a t-shirt any time soon.... right?

You're right, Debbie Downer. But it wouldn't kill you to acknowledge that our coach did his job well tonight.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2017, 09:50:14 PM »
You're right, Debbie Downer. But it wouldn't kill you to acknowledge that our coach did his job well tonight.

He did. Game plan was good, defensive focus was good, the attitude and feel of the team tonight was as good as we've seen this year. This is a good win against a tournament-caliber team, and Wojo gets credit for that. I hope we get to see more of this at home for the rest of the year. This was a great performance.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »
He did. Game plan was good, defensive focus was good, the attitude and feel of the team tonight was as good as we've seen this year. This is a good win against a tournament-caliber team, and Wojo gets credit for that. I hope we get to see more of this at home for the rest of the year. This was a great performance.

Im on board with this..great job tonight. That being said..where was this against Georgia? I hope this kind of coaching/performance becomes a trend for the rest of the year..especially at home.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2017, 01:22:11 AM »
What I find ironic is Wojo, who was a point guard, has trouble recruiting point guards.

The new arena will not see an increase in attendance. Someone who wants to see the new arena needs to go to only one game to do that and there are a lot more buck's games than MU games to choose from.
I SAID IT BEFORE...MU SHOULD GO BACK TO THE PANTHER ARENA AND MOVE UWM OUT OF THERE... The ole' Arena would be an absolute PIT, it would rival Cameron Indoor Stadium II....

It will never happen, but man I wish it would. Man would that be absolutely great! A college team who could fill out that arena every night and those who can't make it there...just show the game on a big screen at 'the AL' if possible for fans to watch as well...

Send Panthers back to Klotschke...no offense but they do not draw well enough to be there.     
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 01:26:00 AM by MUHoopsFan2 »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2017, 06:23:45 AM »
I SAID IT BEFORE...MU SHOULD GO BACK TO THE PANTHER ARENA AND MOVE UWM OUT OF THERE... The ole' Arena would be an absolute PIT, it would rival Cameron Indoor Stadium II....

It will never happen, but man I wish it would. Man would that be absolutely great! A college team who could fill out that arena every night and those who can't make it there...just show the game on a big screen at 'the AL' if possible for fans to watch as well...

Send Panthers back to Klotschke...no offense but they do not draw well enough to be there.   

Terrible idea for revenue, wasted opportunity to have much better facilities in the new arena and a big screen at the Al? Yeah who wouldn’t want to sit in uncomfortable stadium chairs for a regular season game at a place that doesn’t serve alcohol.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2017, 07:06:52 AM »
I actually like the idea of a more intimate arena, maybe even one owned by the university itself. It would be packed every night, and when we get great again there would be a waiting list for season tickets. But we'd want it to have all the whistles and bells, like any modern arena. And a couple times a year, you could move big games to Bradley Center.

Maybe this was even considered before MU built the Al? I don't know the history of that decision. Obviously, a bigger, MECCA-sized on-campus arena is never gonna happen.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2017, 07:29:48 AM »
I'm sure this is mostly just tongue in cheek, but let's not oversell a win over a small mid-major at home. This was a great performance with a lot of positives, but we should be expected to win this kind of game at home. Not trying to be a downer here or nit pick the game, but tonight isn't the kind of W that makes a difference for a coach's standing. This one isn't going on a t-shirt any time soon.... right?
Like ND should beat Ball State at home, hey?

ND Sucks!
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2017, 07:42:44 AM »
I actually like the idea of a more intimate arena, maybe even one owned by the university itself. It would be packed every night, and when we get great again there would be a waiting list for season tickets. But we'd want it to have all the whistles and bells, like any modern arena. And a couple times a year, you could move big games to Bradley Center.

Maybe this was even considered before MU built the Al? I don't know the history of that decision. Obviously, a bigger, MECCA-sized on-campus arena is never gonna happen.

I think the biggest problem is if you have 5 games at the Silk Exotic Entertainment Center, that leaves maybe 14 games at the Tom Crean "Grass Isn't Greener" Arena. What do we do with it the other 351 days of the year?
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2017, 07:46:08 AM »
So did Wojos seat heat up during the first half last night and then cool back down late in the second half??
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:40 AM »
I think the biggest problem is if you have 5 games at the Silk Exotic Entertainment Center, that leaves maybe 14 games at the Tom Crean "Grass Isn't Greener" Arena. What do we do with it the other 351 days of the year?

Marquette would need to work it so that the Mecca and Bradley center close when the new stadium is built. The Marquette stadium would take on the Admirals, the UWM Panthers, and all the other events that flow through the Mecca currently. You could also make the Al a true practice facility and move the women's bball team and the volleyball team to Wild Arena.

A lot of pieces would need to fall into place and it is probably never going to happen for various reasons, but I don't think it's the impossiblity that many think it to be.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2017, 08:16:35 AM »
Marquette would need to work it so that the Mecca and Bradley center close when the new stadium is built. The Marquette stadium would take on the Admirals, the UWM Panthers, and all the other events that flow through the Mecca currently. You could also make the Al a true practice facility and move the women's bball team and the volleyball team to Wild Arena.

A lot of pieces would need to fall into place and it is probably never going to happen for various reasons, but I don't think it's the impossiblity that many think it to be.

UWM has enough pride that it would never play in an arena called the Marquette Arena
Maigh Eo for Sam

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »

You progressives sure enjoy spending other people's money.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
You progressives sure enjoy spending other people's money.

Long term it would pay for itself!

Isn't that what you conservatives say when you want to spend other people's money?

;D
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:44:08 AM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »
Wojo’s seat is as cold as Milwaukee in December.
We Are Marquette

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:33 AM »
UWM has enough pride that it would never play in an arena called the Marquette Arena

I know....but do they?

And it wouldn't be called Marquette Arena some company will get naming rights. I'm assuming Silk will make a big push after Foxconn outbids them for the new Bucks arena
TAMU

Goose

• All American
« Reply #240 on: December 06, 2017, 08:48:18 AM »
Sand Knit

Wojo's seat is the same temp as it was three months ago. Nice win by the fella's last night. The young guys looked good and I think Cain and Elliott can develop into nice players.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #241 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:30 AM »
Long term it would pay for itself!

Very funny!  Let's see the numbers.
Have some patience, FFS.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #242 on: December 06, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »
Very funny!  Let's see the numbers.

Numbers no matta

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #243 on: December 06, 2017, 11:55:41 AM »
Sand Knit

Wojo's seat is the same temp as it was three months ago. Nice win by the fella's last night. The young guys looked good and I think Cain and Elliott can develop into nice players.

Sarcasm bro,
Wijo hasnt come in like a house a fire.  But im ok with his slow and steady approach.  Sophomore, freshman n hs seniir class signees bode very well for MU!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #244 on: December 06, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
Bro?

connie

• All American
« Reply #245 on: December 06, 2017, 09:24:54 PM »
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #246 on: December 06, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »
He ain't your bro, buddy.

He ain’t your buddy, pal
Maigh Eo for Sam

fjm

• All American
« Reply #247 on: December 06, 2017, 09:58:09 PM »
He ain’t your buddy, pal
Definitely not your Friend, buddy!

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #248 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:50 PM »
Definitely not your Friend, buddy!
He certainly ain't your Friend, Cuz!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #249 on: December 07, 2017, 07:10:30 AM »
He ain't your Cuz, amigo!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback