[Today at 07:12:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by mileskishnish72
[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bulldog bullstuff  (Read 22168 times)

Hubert Davis

• Starter
Re: Bulldog bullstuff
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
1. Harry is going to have to be Bill F-ing Russel to salvage the mess that we call our interior defense.
2. Rowsey should be forbidden to drive. I know, I know, too often there is nothing else, but
3. Bad things happen when Rowsey drives.
4. Matt cannot make a contested shot.
5. The craziness of our 5 defending on 3-point land was exposed again today, as noted above.
6. The BE season will be ugly.
7. Forget the dance, forget the bubble. I hope they forget the NIT (and I remember when the NIT was something).
8. It’s a bridge year.
9. Looking for positives, nice to see Jamal and Greg gaining experience. Nice game for Markus, but he too needs to learn how to stay off the pine. Imagine if Haanif or Rowsey had his floater.

THIS. NUMBER 8 points to a very big problem with Wojo. Year 4=bridge year=BAD coaching.

Fire Wojo.
10. Four years in and kind of disappointed. There don’t seem to be many BE teams that we will be truly competitive with.
A lot of folks think we’ll be loaded next year - time will tell.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2017, 11:18:45 AM »
Simply, I think 5-6 years is adequate time to determine if a coach should be fired, but it'll take 10-15 years before you know if that coach can have sustained success.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
The current administration supports the program 100%. My sense is the frustration is with the pace of improvement, and that is a coaching issue more than an admin issue. Lovell is giving the program everything it needs/wants. It's up to Wojo and his staff to execute. Imo, the next two years will reveal if Wojo is the guy or not.

Exactly.  That is 100% my feeling as well.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2017, 03:31:45 PM »
Thanks for the friendly advice. I'll try to be more relevant and less pathetic in the future. I will, however, continue to prefer 14-4 conference records, Big East championships, Sweet 16s and Elite 8s and an interesting character to mediocrity and coach speak - with or without your permission.

Amen. Nothing pathetic about wanting to win again.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2017, 03:35:36 PM »
Amen. Nothing pathetic about wanting to win again.

Shift goalposts much?

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »
Shift goalposts much?

I don't follow. For someone to say it's pathetic to miss Buzz, is odd to me. Again, nothing pathetic about missing an era where we were always looked at as and played like winners.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2017, 05:03:52 PM »
Simply, I think 5-6 years is adequate time to determine if a coach should be fired, but it'll take 10-15 years before you know if that coach can have sustained success.

You can tell when a coach is doing well, the offers for his services will be mentioned at every job that is open.  That is what happened to Buzz, I do not think anybody
is looking at Wojo right now, not even as a Duke replacement.  I really believe it is a hard job, not easy since the state only has one or two solid players in the state
almost every year and Chicago for some reason has not had the star power in the past.  So you need someone who is dynamic enough like Al to bring in players from
out of state.  MU is not a blue blood.  Hope the new arena impresses the kids in 2019.  If not, I do not know what else Wojo can do, maybe not the right person then.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »
DCHoopster

It is not an easy job, but three guys were pretty successful in building, rebuilding or maintaining the program. Wojo is a big boy and did his homework before taking the gig. He “waited” a long time before taking HC job and he sure as hell better have known the challenges ahead.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »
I don't follow. For someone to say it's pathetic to miss Buzz, is odd to me. Again, nothing pathetic about missing an era where we were always looked at as and played like winners.

Yet again you shift your words. You said “nothing pathetic about wanting to win again.”

No one doesn’t want to win.

And yeah it’s pathetic to miss a coach who left the University and trashed it on the way out. Have some pride.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »
Yet again you shift your words. You said “nothing pathetic about wanting to win again.”

No one doesn’t want to win.

And yeah it’s pathetic to miss a coach who left the University and trashed it on the way out. Have some pride.

Like it or not, Buzz did more for the relevancy of the MU basketball program than almost any other coach we've had. I don't like the state he left the program in, but at the same time, he was being pressured to be a guy he didn't want to be. So it's no surprise he jumped ship. I'll take Buzz over Wojo any day.

connie

• All American
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2017, 06:31:01 PM »
Like it or not, Buzz did more for the relevancy of the MU basketball program than almost any other coach we've had.
I like the Buzzard's results as much as the next fan, but you really need to slow your roll and count to ten before hitting "post."
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2017, 06:49:41 PM »
I like the Buzzard's results as much as the next fan, but you really need to slow your roll and count to ten before hitting "post."

What about Wojo so far would make me rethink my view?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2017, 06:56:45 PM »
Like it or not, Buzz did more for the relevancy of the MU basketball program than almost any other coach we've had. I don't like the state he left the program in, but at the same time, he was being pressured to be a guy he didn't want to be. So it's no surprise he jumped ship. I'll take Buzz over Wojo any day.
Ahmed Hill averaging 17.8 ppg 4.8 boards and 1.4 assists per game.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2017, 07:28:03 PM »
Ahmed Hill averaging 17.8 ppg 4.8 boards and 1.4 assists per game.

Impossible! I read on Scoop that Buzz can't coach up high school players.

feedback