[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MLB 2018 Season  (Read 497857 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: MLB 2018 Season
« Reply #2200 on: July 22, 2018, 06:14:04 PM »
lol dude have you just had “josh hader” googled and hit refresh every 5 seconds since tuesday?

hope youve never applauded addison russel

Adultery vs hateful racist and homophobic comments are on the same level for you, huh? 

And no, Russell did not receive an ovation the next game he played after that news came out.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2201 on: July 22, 2018, 06:15:05 PM »
Wasn't the standing ovation related to the kid having to go through this stuff and the apology he gave?  Not over what happened 7 years ago, but what happened this week.

The stuff he brought on himself? 

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2202 on: July 22, 2018, 06:16:31 PM »
No, I actually didn't say anything racist or homophobic at that age. I knew better. If you find that so incredibly hard to believe I feel sorry for you and the type of people you must have spent your time with.

you should go back to school and get a degree that actually means something then. you are clearly way too good of a human to have only received a degree from the same place as a scumbag like me.

ill help you narrow it down. the only two schools i know that are as conceited and self-righteous as you are uw and notre dame. youre too big of a square for uw, so maybe consider heading to nd for a degree that is up to your standards.

lying prick.

Adultery vs hateful racist and homophobic comments are on the same level for you, huh? 

And no, Russell did not receive an ovation the next game he played after that news came out.

somebody as amazing of a person as you are defending a wife beater. that makes sense.

ill take a juvenile making juvenile stupid ass remarks over a 22 year old beating his wife to a divorce. and over infidelity.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2203 on: July 22, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
The stuff he brought on himself?

we get it. you think cubs fans would’ve rained boos upon him. whatever you need to do to help yourself sleep at night.

any further updates on the story?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2204 on: July 22, 2018, 06:19:05 PM »
Did you clap for Chapman? If you did this entire point is mute.

Chapman did not receive an ovation in his first appearance after the trade. There was a lot of concern from the fan base after that acquisition.

And it's "moot".

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #2205 on: July 22, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »
No, I actually didn't say anything racist or homophobic at that age. I knew better. If you find that so incredibly hard to believe I feel sorry for you and the type of people you must have spent your time with.

You never said anything along those lines?  For example, "that's so happy" where you can substitute the word happy for a short word that begins with G and ends in Y.  Saturday Night Live, movie after movie (Adam Sandler comes to mind), tv shows, comedians were still using those bits as recently as a few years ago, hard pressed to see how anyone over the age of 20 didn't say something like that.  40 year old Virgin, Wedding Singer, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry a few examples.  How about you run like a girl when told to a guy?  Or you are such a P word to a guy.  Don't all those fit into the same box these days?   I do find that hard to believe not because you aren't a good person, but because of pop culture and how sayings like that become so immersive. 

Good for you if you avoided them.  A rarity.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2206 on: July 22, 2018, 06:23:19 PM »
joe maddon’s response to the investigation into addison russell’s domestic violence:

first off, “We’ve all been there. We’ve all done the same thing.” WTF?! i know i havent hit my wife.

“We’ve all been young, making some really dumb mistakes.” youth is not an excuse for anything is what ive learned here. also if 17 isnt young then 22 certainly isnt young. and hitting your wife isnt just some “dumb mistake.”

talk about a bad look. disgusting. and chicago cubs fans cheer for the guy. embarrassing.

Actually this was his quote below before what you posted. Not surprising you'd omit that.

“I don’t react, because I don’t know anything yet,” Maddon said Thursday after Russell released a statement through the team that denied any allegation he abused his wife, Melisa, who accused him of infidelity in an Instagram post. “I’m really a person who likes to believe I listen without judgment. I try not to jump to conclusions.

“In a situation like this where it’s very easy to be accusatory, I choose not to be. I choose to listen. And I don’t make up my mind about anything until I’ve gathered all the facts.

“So that’s where I’m at with this – I don’t know enough to know one way or another how I feel about it. Except just keep an open mind, listen to what’s going on and then make our determinations.”

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #2207 on: July 22, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Chapman did not receive an ovation in his first appearance after the trade. There was a lot of concern from the fan base after that acquisition.

And it's "moot".

Actually, yes we did. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-aroldis-chapman-dominant-debut-cubs-spt-0728-20160727-story.html

"The Wrigley Field fans, however, supplied enough in giving Chapman a standing ovation as he took the mound before throwing a 101 mph fastball on his first pitch as a Cub to Jose Abreu before striking him out on a slider."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b3w178KbGKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b3w178KbGKU</a>

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2208 on: July 22, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
Actually, yes we did. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-aroldis-chapman-dominant-debut-cubs-spt-0728-20160727-story.html

"The Wrigley Field fans, however, supplied enough in giving Chapman a standing ovation as he took the mound before throwing a 101 mph fastball on his first pitch as a Cub to Jose Abreu before striking him out on a slider."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b3w178KbGKU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b3w178KbGKU</a>

doesnt fit the agenda of cubs fans. and a 17 year old tweeting completely inappropriate things is way worse than a grown man beating his wife. duh.

Actually this was his quote below before what you posted. Not surprising you'd omit that.

“I don’t react, because I don’t know anything yet,” Maddon said Thursday after Russell released a statement through the team that denied any allegation he abused his wife, Melisa, who accused him of infidelity in an Instagram post. “I’m really a person who likes to believe I listen without judgment. I try not to jump to conclusions.

“In a situation like this where it’s very easy to be accusatory, I choose not to be. I choose to listen. And I don’t make up my mind about anything until I’ve gathered all the facts.

“So that’s where I’m at with this – I don’t know enough to know one way or another how I feel about it. Except just keep an open mind, listen to what’s going on and then make our determinations.”

and...?

im glad hes not judging russell. hes also talking about a guy who beat his wife and saying weve all been young and weve all been in that situation.

i certainly havent. i cant imagine someone spewing their holiness at ever chance he gets to like you do has.

but i guess youth cant be used to excuse inappropriate tweets but can be used to excuse beating a woman. nice.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2209 on: July 22, 2018, 06:30:48 PM »
you should go back to school and get a degree that actually means something then. you are clearly way too good of a human to have only received a degree from the same place as a scumbag like me.

ill help you narrow it down. the only two schools i know that are as conceited and self-righteous as you are uw and notre dame. youre too big of a square for uw, so maybe consider heading to nd for a degree that is up to your standards.

lying prick.

somebody as amazing of a person as you are defending a wife beater. that makes sense.

ill take a juvenile making juvenile stupid ass remarks over a 22 year old beating his wife to a divorce. and over infidelity.

So Russell is guilty of domestic violence based on a claim on social media, yet nothing ever came of it? 

And I'm self-righteous because you don't believe that I've never said something racist or homophobic, such as "I hate gay people"?  I never said I was perfect or haven't done or said stupid things. Racism and homophobia are far beyond that.

You're an extremely stupid person.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2210 on: July 22, 2018, 06:33:08 PM »
So Russell is guilty of domestic violence based on a claim on social media, yet nothing ever came of it? 

And I'm self-righteous because you don't believe that I've never said something racist or homophobic, such as "I hate gay people"?  I never said I was perfect or haven't done or said stupid things. Racism and homophobia are far beyond that.

You're an extremely stupid person.

youre self righteous because your go to phrase anytime you disagree with someone is “you actually have a degree/graduated from mu?!”

yeah. i did. go get a degree from somewhere that only smart, ethical people like you can get into if you don’t like it condescending douche.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2211 on: July 22, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
You never said anything along those lines?  For example, "that's so happy" where you can substitute the word happy for a short word that begins with G and ends in Y.  Saturday Night Live, movie after movie (Adam Sandler comes to mind), tv shows, comedians were still using those bits as recently as a few years ago, hard pressed to see how anyone over the age of 20 didn't say something like that.  40 year old Virgin, Wedding Singer, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry a few examples.  How about you run like a girl when told to a guy?  Or you are such a P word to a guy.  Don't all those fit into the same box these days?   I do find that hard to believe not because you aren't a good person, but because of pop culture and how sayings like that become so immersive. 

Good for you if you avoided them.  A rarity.

None of what you just posted is any any way equivalent to hateful racist or homophobic speech.

I definitely can have a foul mouth but to me there's a huge difference between some of those examples and this situation.

For example, if he had only quoted some movies or songs that's immature but it happens. This was more.

Maybe the dude has changed but I'm certainly skeptical.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2212 on: July 22, 2018, 06:36:46 PM »
Actually, yes we did. 

I was wrong and that was not a good look.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #2213 on: July 22, 2018, 06:38:43 PM »
youre self righteous because your go to phrase anytime you disagree with someone is “you actually have a degree/graduated from mu?!”

yeah. i did. go get a degree from somewhere that only smart, ethical people like you can get into if you don’t like it condescending douche.

No, I just said that to you because you don't seem particularly sharp.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #2214 on: July 22, 2018, 08:30:38 PM »
None of what you just posted is any any way equivalent to hateful racist or homophobic speech.

I definitely can have a foul mouth but to me there's a huge difference between some of those examples and this situation.

For example, if he had only quoted some movies or songs that's immature but it happens. This was more.

Maybe the dude has changed but I'm certainly skeptical.

No, I just said that to you because you don't seem particularly sharp.

the irony of you telling someone they “dont seem particularly sharp” right after you say that the phrase “thats (or youre) so gay” is “is any any way equivalent to hateful racist or homophobic speech” (i assume it was a typo and you meant “is not in any way...”) is too good.

to be quite honest i find it more concerning that an adult today (who pretends to be smarter and a better person than all others) would claim that the phrase “thats (or youre) so gay” is not homophobic than it is a guy tweeted homophobic things when he was in high school 7 years ago.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2215 on: July 22, 2018, 09:28:25 PM »
If a Badger recruit sent the tweets Hader did, this board would be tearing the kid apart.  No one would say he’s just a foolish 17 year old.

If a 17 year old Badger recruit tweeted stuff like this when he was 10 I would be even more forgiving towards him than I am being towards Hader.

Similarly, if 24 year old Hader tweeted this crap last week, I would be treating him more harshly than the theoretical 17 year old Badger recruit.

This comes down to whether or not you believe if Hader's beliefs have changed over the last 7 years. I can understand someone who is skeptical and I can understand someone who believes. I am also not surprised that it seems that line has been drawn along team lines. Brewer fans seem to believe Hader and Cubs fans seem to be skeptical.

Something I tell people all the time, there are very few bonafide racists in the world. However, everyone says, does, and thinks racist things, for most people that happens every day. The best thing we can do when we are called on it is own it, apologize for it, learn from it, and do better from then on. Hader has at least the first two. We will see if he does the second two.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2216 on: July 22, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
I'd like to think we can all agree that the worst person in baseball is this Cubs fan.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1021147509849305089

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2217 on: July 22, 2018, 09:51:30 PM »

And it's "moot".

Piniella used to say "mute" for "moot" all the time.

Cracked me up every time.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2218 on: July 22, 2018, 10:30:44 PM »
I'd like to think we can all agree that the worst person in baseball is this Cubs fan.

Agreed!

Everything turned out ok though.

https://twitter.com/cubs/status/1021134802580393989?s=21

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #2219 on: July 22, 2018, 10:57:50 PM »

And it's "moot".

ehhhh, he totally did. I was one of the people. But I dont care about players personal lives at all, I care only for what they do in the field.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2220 on: July 23, 2018, 12:17:11 AM »

I guess he’s not the worst after all. Several people are saying he helped that kid get a ball earlier in the game.  That’s what the ball next to the Javy ball is. TV just caught him keeping the second one for himself. 

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #2221 on: July 23, 2018, 12:18:55 AM »
Not saying the Chapman ovation was great optics, but that was his first game with a new team. It wasn’t his first game back from suspension. He’d been playing for months at that point.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2222 on: July 23, 2018, 12:37:32 AM »
Not saying the Chapman ovation was great optics, but that was his first game with a new team. It wasn’t his first game back from suspension. He’d been playing for months at that point.

Man, give it up. No matter what team Hader played for, if events played out the exact same way, any fanbase, Cubs included, would have given him the same treatment. You can absolutely say that is problematic, wrong, concerning, etc....and I wouldn't even disagree with you....but any attempt to try and prove your fanbase wouldn't do the same thing is misguided at best.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2223 on: July 23, 2018, 01:28:10 AM »
Let’s acknowledge that a fair few of us would sell our soul and morals for a title. I have no doubt most fan bases would be mysteriously forgiving of Chapman if he was closing for them en route to a title. Unfortunately the world we live in.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2224 on: July 23, 2018, 06:23:53 AM »

Oh. Okay.

Go wife beaters!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter