[April 19, 2024, 11:53:22 PM]

santa rosa flirt adult by JakeBarnes
[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bitcoin  (Read 92265 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Bitcoin
« Reply #500 on: June 14, 2022, 09:11:06 AM »
It's just an old fashioned bank run.  They can only meet withdrawls if they have the liquidity to do so.

I am far from a crypto expert, but isn't one of the supreme advantages of crypto supposedly that it is better and more accessible than cash held in a bank? Correct me if I'm wrong. (I know you will.)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #501 on: June 14, 2022, 09:30:41 AM »
I am far from a crypto expert, but isn't one of the supreme advantages of crypto supposedly that it is better and more accessible than cash held in a bank? Correct me if I'm wrong. (I know you will.)

I have no idea what the advantages are.  But my guess is that the people who run these exchanges weren't planning for an extreme divestment that was going to hurt their liquidity.  Or maybe they thought they might happen but didn't really care enough about it.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #502 on: June 14, 2022, 06:55:53 PM »
When I was 5 years old I Bitcoin...later that same day I swallowed a quarter.

I still remember the pain ...but it passed

I will never Bitcoin again
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: June 16, 2022, 06:18:50 AM »
And how about Celcius, one of the largest crypto lending platforms, pausing all withdrawals this morning. And Binance, the world's largest crypto exchange, halting Bitcoin withdrawals for a spell.

Isn't one of the supposed benefits of crypto that one can do what one wants with them pretty much any time without interference from government, the private sector, other individuals, etc?

So if all of a sudden you lose access to the crypto you have spent tens of thousands of dollars (or more) buying, isn't that a pretty big problem?

NYKNYC

Best to just not talk about things you don't understand or only read about in the grey lady, aina?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #504 on: June 16, 2022, 06:23:23 AM »

These are exchanges.  They exchange fiat for crypto. 

I have mine on a hard wallet because I prefer to maintain custody of my crypto.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #505 on: June 18, 2022, 01:35:51 PM »
My God

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #506 on: June 19, 2022, 12:52:41 AM »
My God

Buy something worthless, get something worthless.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #507 on: June 19, 2022, 10:18:33 AM »
If I was a bitcoin investor, I don't think I'd want Cathie Wood on "my side" yelling that it's going to $1M.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crypto-optimist-bitcoin-to-1000000-by-2030-155113653.html?.tsrc=372

"I think that is pretty lofty," Valkyrie CEO Leah Wald said on Yahoo Finance Live (video above) when asked about Cathie Wood's Ark Invest calling for bitcoin prices to reach $1 million by 2030 in its January 2022 "Big Ideas" report.

"Bitcoin’s market capitalization still represents a fraction of global assets and is likely to scale as nation-states adopt as legal tender," Ark stated, listing several factors for its aggressive projection: (1) maturing bitcoin investor base focused on the long-term; (2) bitcoin taking market share as a global settlement network; and (3) institutional investors are being attracted to the space.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #508 on: June 20, 2022, 11:29:39 AM »
If I was a bitcoin investor, I don't think I'd want Cathie Wood on "my side" yelling that it's going to $1M.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/crypto-optimist-bitcoin-to-1000000-by-2030-155113653.html?.tsrc=372

"I think that is pretty lofty," Valkyrie CEO Leah Wald said on Yahoo Finance Live (video above) when asked about Cathie Wood's Ark Invest calling for bitcoin prices to reach $1 million by 2030 in its January 2022 "Big Ideas" report.

"Bitcoin’s market capitalization still represents a fraction of global assets and is likely to scale as nation-states adopt as legal tender," Ark stated, listing several factors for its aggressive projection: (1) maturing bitcoin investor base focused on the long-term; (2) bitcoin taking market share as a global settlement network; and (3) institutional investors are being attracted to the space.

But the difference between Crypto and the market is Cathie Wood yelling this isn't remotely unique or an outlier  :o

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #509 on: June 20, 2022, 11:53:33 AM »
True, she isn't the only one, but she is a walking contra-indicator right now. Personally, I think the first two reasons she states are poor arguments as well.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #510 on: June 22, 2022, 12:45:03 PM »
Buy something worthless, get something worthless.

*checks notes* 

I could sell one today for 20k+ USD

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #511 on: July 28, 2022, 08:42:58 PM »
Coinbase is in deep sh*tcoins—and so is the SEC
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/coinbase-deep-sh-tcoins-sec-191036146.html

"Coinbase is in a world of regulatory pain right now. A report this week said the SEC is investigating the company for selling digital assets that should have been registered as securities—a development that triggered a 20% crash in its share price, and resulted in longtime Coinbase booster Cathie Wood finally dumping her position. All of this comes only a week after the Justice Department charged a Coinbase manager with insider trading.

The news is especially damaging to Coinbase since the company, from its founding, has styled itself as the “white knight of crypto”—a firm that stayed on the right side of regulators even as others in the industry played fast and loose. So what happened?

Bloomberg’s Max Chafkin places the blame on Coinbase’s ill-advised decision some years back to “pivot to crapcoins.” A familiar term in the crypto world, “crapcoins” typically refers to digital tokens that have no obvious utility beyond speculative hype. (The Chafkin piece is illustrated not so subtly with coins bubbling out of a toilet).

Chafkin’s broader point is that Coinbase spent years building its reputation, but then squandered all that embracing crapcoins. This included promoting the likes of novelty coin Dogecoin to small and unsophisticated investors, many of whom have taken losses of 80% or more. Meanwhile, the decision to add crapcoins also opened the door for the rogue Coinbase manager’s insider trading scheme."

The good news for shareholders is, Wood is such a contraindicator that Coinbase should be in for a sustained climb from here.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #512 on: December 15, 2022, 01:06:47 PM »
Great investment idea folks--just $99 for this gorgeous NFT. Just one in a series! get it before it sells out.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #513 on: December 15, 2022, 01:10:42 PM »
Honestly STUNNED it took so long for him, and frankly many other politicians, to get in the NFT grift game.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #514 on: December 15, 2022, 01:15:56 PM »
Honestly STUNNED it took so long for him, and frankly many other politicians, to get in the NFT grift game.

They should just call it stock and tell the owners they can vote once a year at a rally.   ;D

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #515 on: December 15, 2022, 01:20:33 PM »
He's completely lost it.  Clown show.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #516 on: December 15, 2022, 01:33:51 PM »
Borrowing from a Christmas movie,

Welcome to the party, pal.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #517 on: December 15, 2022, 01:46:31 PM »
Great investment idea folks--just $99 for this gorgeous NFT. Just one in a series! get it before it sells out.

There are several people here on Scoop that will fall for this hustle. I don’t think I need to name them.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #518 on: December 15, 2022, 01:47:25 PM »

Good deflection.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #519 on: December 15, 2022, 01:52:36 PM »
Good deflection.

What is your expectation here?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #520 on: December 15, 2022, 02:00:17 PM »
I'm a no more trumper.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #521 on: December 15, 2022, 02:08:08 PM »
He's been exactly like this forever.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #522 on: December 15, 2022, 02:35:01 PM »
Yes, only missed the window by 6-12 months

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #523 on: December 15, 2022, 02:48:23 PM »
You naysayers! If you aren't already convinced, the MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT video will have you running for your wallet.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1603432720062976001

tower912

• All American
« Reply #524 on: December 15, 2022, 02:53:18 PM »
Can't believe the scoop mods haven't tried this to raise funds for scoop.   Picturing several scoop action figure NFT's. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.