'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439156 times)

BossplayaOtto

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #175 on: December 31, 2017, 06:37:05 PM »
Clippers left Jamil Wilson in NBA G-League for Sunday’s Game vs Hornets.
For the first time in over a month, Wilson wasn’t called up. They’ve been shuffling him back and forth between the LA and Agua Caliente to preserve as many days as the can on his 45-day split. He didn’t play in Friday’s game either but was called up. He must be getting close to exceeding the limit. With how well he has played hopefully they just give him an NBA deal.

Question: can another team sign a player that is on a split to a full-NBA deal similar to raiding a practice squad player in the NFL?

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #176 on: December 31, 2017, 08:57:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's contracted to the Clips. Blake Griffin's return has killed his opportunity. Too bad, I need a Clipper for my fantasy team this week.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #177 on: December 31, 2017, 09:41:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure he's contracted to the Clips. Blake Griffin's return has killed his opportunity. Too bad, I need a Clipper for my fantasy team this week.
Clippers have one open roster spot and may have to swallow some penalty dollars to fill it. Hopefully they choose to use it on Jamil.  The good news for Jamil is that he made a good impression on the league as a whole. So ultimately he will land somewhere .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #178 on: January 01, 2018, 07:54:47 PM »
Jimmy and Vander on the court at the same time in Wolves Lakers game. Nice moment for both I am sure.

edit ; Vander just caused Jimmy to turn over ball. maybe Jimmy is not so pumped 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:56:26 PM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #179 on: January 01, 2018, 07:59:24 PM »
Jimmy and Vander on the court at the same time in Wolves Lakers game. Nice moment for both I am sure.

Those Buzz teams sure had a lot of talent...Switchables philiosophy was ahead of its time in college but he read the pro game well. We may one day ask how those teams didn’t win a natty...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2018, 08:03:34 PM »
Those Buzz teams sure had a lot of talent...Switchables philiosophy was ahead of its time in college but he read the pro game well. We may one day ask how those teams didn’t win a natty...

Buzz's switchable philosophy was hardly ahead of its time. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »

In college...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2018, 08:27:18 PM »
In college...

It wasn't ahead of its time in college either.  The Flyin' Illini, the 40 Minutes of Hell Razorbacks, Roy Williams' UNC teams, etc. all used similar styles with guys guarding multiple positions.   Buzz was just the first to label it something.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #183 on: January 01, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »

And left out that pesky detail of outside shooting.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #184 on: January 01, 2018, 08:40:20 PM »
                       ---Al McGuire

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #185 on: January 01, 2018, 09:18:43 PM »

What version of Marquette under Buzz did you think worthy of winning a National Title?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #186 on: January 01, 2018, 10:33:09 PM »
What version of Marquette under Buzz did you think worthy of winning a National Title?

The Crowder S16 team if Otule was healthy IMO

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »

If you look strictly at the pieces on the team, the 2011 squad had 5 NBA players (Butler, Crowder, DJO, Blue, Buycks). That's pretty hefty, moreso than 2003.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
It wasn't ahead of its time in college either.  The Flyin' Illini, the 40 Minutes of Hell Razorbacks, Roy Williams' UNC teams, etc. all used similar styles with guys guarding multiple positions.   Buzz was just the first to label it something.

Ah, those were great teams before their time for sure. I might throw in UNLV and MSU but might subtract Roy. He seemed to favor a Ostertag or Zeller type. That said, the prototype in both at the time was for the traditional line up. I think maybe only Izzo has been consistent in his recruiting for switchables.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2018, 12:05:58 AM »
                       ---Al McGuire

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2018, 08:40:36 AM »
The Crowder S16 team if Otule was healthy IMO

Had Marquette gotten by Florida, they would have faced a Louisville team that beat them in the BET by 13 just a couple weeks prior.  Then would have faced eventual national champion Kentucky (by far Cal's best UK team) in the Final Four.

That team was hardly worthy of a national championship.  It would have been a near miraculous run.  Final Four was probably the best to hope for.

I think the 2013 team had a better shot not because I thought that MU team was better, but because I think the field was worse.  They get by Syracuse, I think they could have handled Michigan and Louisville.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2018, 09:05:26 AM »

Had Marquette gotten by Florida, they would have faced a Louisville team that beat them in the BET by 13 just a couple weeks prior.  Then would have faced eventual national champion Kentucky (by far Cal's best UK team) in the Final Four.

That team was hardly worthy of a national championship.  It would have been a near miraculous run.  Final Four was probably the best to hope for.

I think the 2013 team had a better shot not because I thought that MU team was better, but because I think the field was worse.  They get by Syracuse, I think they could have handled Michigan and Louisville.

Don't lose Otule & they win more reg season games, get a different seed, don't play Florida, etc. Not the same bracket at that point. Agree field was worse in 2013 but Crowder was a better alpha dog than Blue.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2018, 09:15:15 AM »
Don't lose Otule & they win more reg season games, get a different seed, don't play Florida, etc. Not the same bracket at that point. Agree field was worse in 2013 but Crowder was a better alpha dog than Blue.

Maybe they beat GTown but I don’t see them beating any other team that year. LSU has 4 or 5 players Otules size, with or without him we get dominated down low. Cuse, ND and Cinci were never close games that we may have won.
Maigh Eo for Sam

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2018, 10:17:47 PM »
Buycks with 14/2/4 tonight in 17 minutes in a 7-point loss to Heat

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2018, 10:28:37 PM »
Buycks with 14/2/4 tonight in 17 minutes in a 7-point loss to Heat
He shot well from the field. Glad to see him making the most of his opportunity.
                       ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:59 PM »
Maybe they beat GTown but I don’t see them beating any other team that year. LSU has 4 or 5 players Otules size, with or without him we get dominated down low. Cuse, ND and Cinci were never close games that we may have won.

Might be remembering wrong didn't we barely lose the LSU game?
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

MU86NC

• Starter
« Reply #196 on: January 03, 2018, 10:46:04 PM »
This is the reason Scoop exists!  Good arguments...

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2018, 08:46:52 PM »
Jamil was waived by the Clippers. He ran out of days on his 2 way contract. Clippers had injuries and had no cap room so they had to bring up another 2 way player from their G League. I think if Jamil clears Waivers Clippers will be able to re assign him to their G league team and then be in a position to bring him up again on 10 day contracts.
                       ---Al McGuire

nyg

• All American
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2018, 08:53:20 PM »
With Griffin and Johnson back and with Dekker on bench, Jamil’s fate was sealed. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2018, 09:09:56 PM »
16 tonight for Buycks in the Detroit's win over Houston.    4-5 from three.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback