Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439127 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 31, 2021, 12:02:16 PM »
Not like Lowry.   And Dragic's absence made a difference in the finals against LA.

His absence 100% made a difference, not arguing there.  But otherwise its splitting hairs.  Dragic isn't a bum, he's a really good accomplished player.  Lowry is also a very good PG but not an all world PG.  So saying that suddenly Jimmy is a world beater cause he has some huge upgrade at PG just seems nonsensical.

More likely he and his team finally had a full offseason to rest, recover, and improve and came back at 100% ready to rock.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1501 on: October 31, 2021, 12:09:58 PM »
In theory, I agree with you.   Dragic isn't a bum and Lowry is old. However, Jimmy and Bam have been vocal about Lowry.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1502 on: October 31, 2021, 08:12:06 PM »
Jimmy has been initiating the offence for the Heat for the past 2 years, and finally he has Lowry doing that for him so he can get aggressive about scoring. I love Dragic, but Jimmy has averaged nearly 2x the assists that Goran had the past couple years.

Goran is the better scorer, but Lowry is the better floor general and defender. Goran also struggled to be on the floor for 30-35 minutes per game. Butler is unlocked to aggressively score and play defense instead of being responsible for getting the guys going.

I really like this heat team with Lowry. I also want The Dragon back since he's getting DNPs up in Toronto.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1503 on: November 06, 2021, 05:26:30 AM »
Not sure where to put this. Brendan Bailey gets the start for the Salt Lake City G league team. Zaire Wade comes off the bench to score 10. Carton goes for 15 for Greensboro
https://gleague.nba.com/games/20211105/SLCOKL/

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20211105/BIRGBO/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 07:45:13 AM by lawdog77 »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1504 on: November 06, 2021, 07:09:18 AM »
i don't recall juan using the "toscano" name when he was with us.  avg about 13 min/game on a 7-1 team- good to see!
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1505 on: November 06, 2021, 07:18:04 AM »
i don't recall juan using the "toscano" name when he was with us.  avg about 13 min/game on a 7-1 team- good to see!

He didn't, I believe he started using the hyphenated once he started playing for the Mexican National Team.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1506 on: November 06, 2021, 08:22:12 AM »
He didn't, I believe he started using the hyphenated once he started playing for the Mexican National Team.
This is correct, because he is of Mexican descent he can play in Mexican league as a native Mexican. In México like in most pro foreign leagues there is a limit of foreign players per team. Same reason he can represent México, as long as he had not played for any other national team, even under the an "under" teams, then that federation needs to issue a release.
Goal is National Championship

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1507 on: November 06, 2021, 09:56:11 AM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #1508 on: November 06, 2021, 09:58:56 AM »
Not sure where to put this. Brendan Bailey gets the start for the Salt Lake City G league team. Zaire Wade comes off the bench to score 10. Carton goes for 15 for Greensboro
https://gleague.nba.com/games/20211105/SLCOKL/

DJ also posterized someone last night. Regardless of how last season ended, it was always refreshing when he had some crazy dunk.

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20211105/BIRGBO/

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1509 on: November 06, 2021, 11:25:58 AM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1510 on: November 12, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
Markus was not sent down to the Grand Rapids Gold for their G Leauge season opener.  Has had 4 cameo appearances with the Nuggets this season. Maybe the Nuggets feel he is better off practicing with the NBA team. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1511 on: November 12, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »
Markus was not sent down to the Grand Rapids Gold for their G Leauge season opener.  Has had 4 cameo appearances with the Nuggets this season. Maybe the Nuggets feel he is better off practicing with the NBA team.
The brightside is that he did play 5 meaningful minutes in the last game. He does need to do what he does best when he gets in there, though. Do not be afraid to make scoring plays.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1512 on: November 24, 2021, 11:39:24 PM »
I'm sitting in my office on my computer. In the next room, I have the Warriors-Sixers game on. And about every 30 seconds, I hear ESPN announcer Ryan Ruocco screaming, "Toscano Anderson!" ... and I have to get up to go watch a replay of Juan's latest play.

Juan is having a game, with a variety of dunks, drives, rebounds, passes, etc. And he is getting some serious love from Ruocco and an analyst Richard Jefferson, who was in the league forever.

Ruocco also quoted a San Francisco Chronicle article in which Juan said he'd rather be a bench player for a fine team like Golden State -- even if it means there are nights he doesn't play at all -- than a guy who gets more playing time on a losing team. Juan said he learned that lesson at Marquette, when he went from little-used reserve on some real good teams to one of the main men on a bad team.

I would have bet almost anything that Juan would never have seen 1 second on the court for an NBA team. Good for him for working his arse off and becoming a contributor to a real good franchise.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:45:58 PM by MU82 »
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1513 on: November 24, 2021, 11:43:54 PM »
I'm sitting in my office on my computer. In the next room, I have the Warriors-Sixers game on. And about every 30 seconds, I hear ESPN announcer Ryan Ruocco screaming, "Toscano Anderson!" ... and I have to get up to go watch a replay of Juan's latest play.

Juan is having a game, with a variety of dunks, drives, rebounds, passes, etc. And he is getting some serious love from Ruocco and an analyst Richard Jefferson, who was in the league forever.

Ruocco also quoted a San Francisco Chronicle article in which Juan said he'd rather be a bench player for a fine team like Golden State -- even if it means there are nights he doesn't play at all -- than a guy who gets more playing time on a losing team. Juan said he learned that lesson at Marquette, when he went from little-used reserve on some real good teams to one of the main men on a bad team.

I would have bet almost anything that Juan would never have seen 1 second on the court for an NBA team. Good for him for working his arse off and becoming a contributor to a real good franchise.
Modify message

He was impressive tonight. Just an all around player. Very Draymond Green like.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1514 on: November 24, 2021, 11:55:02 PM »

Modify message

I just watched the last 30 mins at SFO but the sound  was off.  Juan was absolutely brilliant.  13, 6, 6, 1, 1, and 6-6 from the field.  He completely dominated the game when the Warriors took over.  :)   It's kind of amazing the talent we had during his years at MU.  He's a really good overall defender and has outstanding intangibles.  Gotta give him a ton of credit, I honestly never imagined he'd be a solid NBA player let alone make a roster.  Instead I thought Jamil could land somewhere, boy was I wrong.  We do need to add some guys with bounce that can play multiple positions.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1515 on: November 25, 2021, 08:48:47 AM »
Suns have 14 straight . Jae doing the dirty work is a key component of that success .
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1516 on: November 25, 2021, 09:15:10 AM »
I just watched the last 30 mins at SFO but the sound  was off.  Juan was absolutely brilliant.  13, 6, 6, 1, 1, and 6-6 from the field.  He completely dominated the game when the Warriors took over.  :)   It's kind of amazing the talent we had during his years at MU.  He's a really good overall defender and has outstanding intangibles.  Gotta give him a ton of credit, I honestly never imagined he'd be a solid NBA player let alone make a roster.  Instead I thought Jamil could land somewhere, boy was I wrong.  We do need to add some guys with bounce that can play multiple positions.
Jamal did get a contract, an unfortunate event caused by him led to it being rescinded.
Goal is National Championship

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1517 on: November 25, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
Herpes iz a bitch, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1518 on: November 28, 2021, 11:15:09 AM »
It's phenomenal -- unheard of, really -- what Juan has done. In the modern history of basketball, has there been any other player who accomplished less in college only to end up as a solid contributor for a championship-contending team?

I mean, we're talking about a guy who averaged 3.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, .289 from 3, and more TOs than assists under two coaches over 4 seasons at Marquette. Even as a senior, he was only at 8.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg and 2.1 TO/g.

That's not even close to being an NBA prospect, especially when you factor is that he isn't an elite athlete and he's not tall for his skillset.

And yet here he is, sometimes playing 20+ minutes for the team with the NBA's best record.

Bravo to Juan for doing what's really kind of impossible.

jfp61

• All American
« Reply #1519 on: November 30, 2021, 12:45:41 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/32745808/2022-nba-draft-top-100-stock-watch-the-move-feast-week

Smart gets a player drafted in one season, wojo never did.

Lewis is projected to be the 35th pick.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #1520 on: November 30, 2021, 12:51:34 PM »
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/32745808/2022-nba-draft-top-100-stock-watch-the-move-feast-week

So...Henry doesn't count or something???

And let's not forget who recruited Lewis to Marquette.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1521 on: November 30, 2021, 01:40:47 PM »

You're already saying Lewis is drafted? Come on...

But let's say that he is, that means Wojo will have coached 5 NBA players at MU recruiting 4 of them here.  Maybe cool off on this comp for a bit
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1522 on: November 30, 2021, 02:12:05 PM »

So...Henry doesn't count or something???

And let's not forget who recruited Lewis to Marquette.

Henry wasn't "in one season," which was what jfp61 was lauding Shaka for. He arrived in Year 2 for The Coach Who Shall Not Be Named.

Your second point is correct, of course. Good job not using TCWSNBN's name.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1523 on: November 30, 2021, 03:13:59 PM »
TCWMNBN* imo

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1524 on: November 30, 2021, 04:05:50 PM »
Henry wasn't "in one season," which was what jfp61 was lauding Shaka for. He arrived in Year 2 for The Coach Who Shall Not Be Named.

Your second point is correct, of course. Good job not using TCWSNBN's name.
Well if the complaint is that Wojo didn't have a player drafted in his first season, that is an exceedingly dumb argument given most of the roster was not even recruited by him.

Dump on Wojo all you'd like for his poor coaching, but this one is a silly stretch of a criticism.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

feedback