Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439124 times)

MU82

• All American
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #651 on: November 06, 2019, 11:02:45 PM »
The nerve of Jae to use his nuts to foul Harden's arm.

Now that is well done.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #652 on: November 17, 2019, 07:37:06 AM »

Austin Rivers calls for his dad to get T'd up.  Doc ends up getting ejected.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hQk-hZI1T30" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hQk-hZI1T30</a>

Then this happens:

https://twitter.com/AustinRivers25/status/1194824359292080128

Hilarious

Have some patience, FFS.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #653 on: November 17, 2019, 09:20:40 AM »
The nerve of Jae to use his nuts to foul Harden's arm.

learned that move from slugger davison
don't...don't don't don't don't

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #654 on: December 13, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
Sad news for Vander. Waived by the G League Santa Cruz Warriors .  Not sure what the future holds for him. Hopefully he can get another G League spot. Was not able to make it work in Europe previously. All the good spots overseas are taken at this point.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/vander-blue-let-go-by-g-league-warriors/
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #655 on: December 13, 2019, 05:47:08 PM »
Sad news for Vander. Waived by the G League Santa Cruz Warriors .  Not sure what the future holds for him. Hopefully he can get another G League spot. Was not able to make it work in Europe previously. All the good spots overseas are taken at this point.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/vander-blue-let-go-by-g-league-warriors/

Didn't he win POY like twice?
Maigh Eo for Sam

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #656 on: December 13, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »
He's just over 200 points away from being the all-time leading G League scorer. I guess he's the G League Crash Davis.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #657 on: December 13, 2019, 10:25:23 PM »
He's just over 200 points away from being the all-time leading G League scorer. I guess he's the G League Crash Davis.
Vander might be able to hook on with the Asheville Tourists to set the record.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #658 on: December 13, 2019, 10:27:24 PM »
2 great MU alums.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #659 on: December 13, 2019, 10:33:40 PM »

He won a club cup and was the Cup MVP with Torino. I don’t think performance was an issue. Not sure what the fit issue is, maybe homesick? He’s still in his prime and could have 5-6 good years if he could be set up and adjust right. Otherwise he’s gonna fall out of favor with G League teams wanting the slots to develop young talent

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #660 on: December 13, 2019, 10:59:35 PM »
He won a club cup and was the Cup MVP with Torino. I don’t think performance was an issue. Not sure what the fit issue is, maybe homesick? He’s still in his prime and could have 5-6 good years if he could be set up and adjust right. Otherwise he’s gonna fall out of favor with G League teams wanting the slots to develop young talent
After Vander won the Cup MVP he went into a major slump shooting something like 12 percent from the field . Since then he simply has been less effective . I agree he is in his prime, but the problem is Vander needs a venue to play in. 

We saw this happen with Lazar where he has not played for a couple of years and according to him it’s not for lack of trying.

Hoping Vander gets a deal somewhere.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #661 on: December 16, 2019, 06:32:06 PM »
Rowsey to the G League. Lakeland Magic.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #662 on: December 16, 2019, 10:21:05 PM »
Fantastic news for Andrew. 

Now we need to find Lazar one last home.
                       ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #663 on: December 19, 2019, 07:14:49 PM »
Wes givin' Bron all hee kan handle, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #664 on: December 19, 2019, 08:10:13 PM »
Wes givin' Bron all hee kan handle, aina?
Wes earned that starting spot with play like this.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #665 on: December 19, 2019, 10:52:00 PM »
"According Second Spectrum, among 300 players who've defended at least 100 FG, Matthews entered today holding opponents to an NBA-best 33.5% FG pct when he's the closest defender."

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #666 on: December 20, 2019, 08:39:27 AM »
"According Second Spectrum, among 300 players who've defended at least 100 FG, Matthews entered today holding opponents to an NBA-best 33.5% FG pct when he's the closest defender."

Even more impressive at age 33 that he is still a fantastic defensive stopper.

Skip Intro

• Team Captain
« Reply #667 on: December 20, 2019, 08:46:32 AM »

Yeah, and he's near-perfect replacement for Brogdon.  The Bucks are such a ridiculously well-run organization. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #668 on: December 20, 2019, 10:25:54 AM »
Yeah, and he's near-perfect replacement for Brogdon.  The Bucks are such a ridiculously well-run organization.

Totally agree, except for paying Middleton a top 10 salary for a fringe All Star player. I know it was to keep Giannis happy but Middleton has been underwhelming and arguably not even the 2nd best player in the team

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #669 on: December 20, 2019, 10:34:40 AM »
Totally agree, except for paying Middleton a top 10 salary for a fringe All Star player. I know it was to keep Giannis happy but Middleton has been underwhelming and arguably not even the 2nd best player in the team

I think Middleton is probably the 2nd best player but he's not the 2nd most important to the Bucks. Bledsoe would earn that distinction, for me.

I also believe that paying Middleton was necessary. You mentioned it kept Giannis happy which is the main reason, but players his quality are getting max contracts. I'm not sure where that money goes if not to Middleton. They could have allocated more money to depth but they got Bledsoe for a pretty reasonable contract and filled out the rest of the roster nicely with what they had left. Overall the front office has done a good job.

I'd rather have a player like KM who wants to be here than trading for a slightly better player who may leave after a year or two.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #670 on: December 20, 2019, 10:44:35 AM »
Defender would suffice but alright.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #671 on: December 20, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »
The money Middleton gets is just fine when compared to the money a lot of good but not great players are getting.  Some people complain that the Bucks should've given Brogdon the money Middleton got and let Middleton walk.  I have it on fairly good authority that the Bucks offered Brogdon as much money as they could've, even knowing Middleton would be back and what they were paying him (so were willing to go very far into the luxury tax), but Brogdon wanted out.  He wanted to be on the ball and wasn't going to be there in Milwaukee.  He was also very outspoken about how Milwaukee is the most segregated city he's ever been in, etc.  The proof seems to be in the pudding given that they could've forced Brogdon's hand and kept him no matter where he wanted to be (restricted free agent) but worked out a sign and trade instead.  Seems to suggest Brogdon indeed wanted out.

For my money, even with how awful he's been offensively, especially shooting from distance, Brook has been the Bucks' 2nd most important player.  His defense is incredible, especially in the pick and roll.  He can guard two players at once just by using his sheer size until the guard defender in the pick and roll is able to recover to the ball handler.  Giannis might win DPOY, but in my opinion Brook is the most important defensive player on the team.  Giannis is a great defender, and Wes, Divencenzo, and Bledsoe all defend very well.  Middleton reminds me of college Jerel, where their defense seems to have fallen off as their offense has developed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 11:29:48 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #672 on: December 20, 2019, 03:38:34 PM »
I only got to watch about a quarter of last night's game, but it was interesting seeing strong, tall, power forwards be the facilitators for both teams.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #673 on: December 20, 2019, 03:39:44 PM »
I only got to watch about a quarter of last night's game, but it was interesting seeing strong, tall, power forwards be the facilitators for both teams.

Man Anthony Davis was really something.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #674 on: December 20, 2019, 03:40:34 PM »
Man Anthony Davis was really something.

Yeah he actually landed on his feet a whole like 3 times when he was shooting the ball!