[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Marquette NBA Thread  (Read 439244 times)

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: Marquette NBA Thread
« Reply #425 on: November 10, 2018, 01:05:29 PM »
In hindsight, the Bulls may have gotten the best value when they dealt Butler.

Crazy to think that way couple years later, but Butler for Dunn, LaVine, Markkanen doesn’t happen today.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #426 on: November 10, 2018, 01:16:23 PM »
JFB will be fine in the locker room if they play hard. I know what the Wolves are trying to do but it won’t work.

I saw a tweet by a writer basically saying Simmons presents the same type of issues as KAT and Wiggins did. Should be interesting.

It will be interesting to see how the Sixers gel. This could go really well or really poorly I think. I agree with the lack of shooters and looking like the old Bucks comment.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #427 on: November 10, 2018, 02:03:48 PM »
JFB will be fine in the locker room if they play hard.

I hope you're right because I love JFB and want to see him do well. But can we agree that if he goes to a third team and then there are locker room issues because "his teammates aren't playing hard enough" that maybe the problem isn't with his teammates, maybe the problem is the only person who was present in all three locker rooms?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #428 on: November 10, 2018, 02:10:22 PM »

Crazy to think that way couple years later, but Butler for Dunn, LaVine, Markkanen doesn’t happen today.

This is probably true, but the way that trade went down, I still contend the Bulls did poorly too. Markkanen looks solid, but the original trade was for Dunn, LaVine, and swapping the 7th pick for the 16th. The Bulls took Markkanen at 7, but the Wolves took Justin Patton at 16 - so you kind of forget that the Markkanen pick wasn't an additional pick that year.  Had the Wolves taken OG Anunoby or Kyle Kuzma instead of Justin Patton at 16, and the trade were remembered as "JFB and Kyle Kuzma for Dunn, LaVine, and Markkanen" it wouldn't look like as much of a win for Chi.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #429 on: November 10, 2018, 02:15:03 PM »
Hope Jimmy is able to thrive in his new environment.  Will be good for MU if he does.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #430 on: November 10, 2018, 02:17:38 PM »

I said that the day it happened the Bulls definitely won that trade.

Don't get me wrong, GarPax suck, but even a blind squirrel...

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #431 on: November 10, 2018, 05:08:29 PM »
I've outed myself as a non-fan of JFB's recent behavior, but I don't think the bolded is a given even if you're a JFB fan. He and Embiid are two very wound up alpha dog type dudes who are both young and still growing into that role. It wouldn't be a huge surprise if they didn't mesh, and if they don't mesh, they aren't going to just quietly disagree.

I agree there could be problems. This is Embiid's team. He is the better player.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #432 on: November 10, 2018, 06:05:15 PM »
Maybee Jimmy kan reestablish our relationship wit Philly Coach, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #433 on: November 10, 2018, 09:19:31 PM »
This is probably true, but the way that trade went down, I still contend the Bulls did poorly too. Markkanen looks solid, but the original trade was for Dunn, LaVine, and swapping the 7th pick for the 16th. The Bulls took Markkanen at 7, but the Wolves took Justin Patton at 16 - so you kind of forget that the Markkanen pick wasn't an additional pick that year.  Had the Wolves taken OG Anunoby or Kyle Kuzma instead of Justin Patton at 16, and the trade were remembered as "JFB and Kyle Kuzma for Dunn, LaVine, and Markkanen" it wouldn't look like as much of a win for Chi.

I’m getting old, I totally forgot about the 16th pick, you’re right.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #434 on: November 11, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »
I said that the day it happened the Bulls definitely won that trade.

Don't get me wrong, GarPax suck, but even a blind squirrel...

Disagree. None of those players are as good as Jimmy or really even close. With almost no exceptions in NBA trades, if you get the best player you won.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #435 on: November 16, 2018, 08:39:57 PM »
Watched Henry again tonight.  Looked comfortable but could not hit from distance.  Again against the Windy City Bulls.  CJ Fair, Kaiser Gates, Tre'Darius McCallum and Farrakhan Hall were the guys he matched up with.   Didn't really dominate, though 3-4 inches taller.   He worked hard on defense tonight.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #436 on: November 16, 2018, 09:04:45 PM »
Watched Henry again tonight.  Looked comfortable but could not hit from distance.  Again against the Windy City Bulls.  CJ Fair, Kaiser Gates, Tre'Darius McCallum and Farrakhan Hall were the guys he matched up with.   Didn't really dominate, though 3-4 inches taller.   He worked hard on defense tonight.

CJ Fair, the only Syracuse player I've ever liked.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #437 on: November 16, 2018, 09:24:42 PM »
Thanks for the uodate
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #438 on: November 16, 2018, 09:28:31 PM »
Watched Henry again tonight.  Looked comfortable but could not hit from distance. 

Nothing new.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #439 on: November 17, 2018, 06:55:31 AM »
Whole team could not hit.  6-32
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #440 on: November 18, 2018, 05:50:20 PM »
Fantastic News For Vander. He has been signed by the Bucks G League affiliate. 

https://www.channel3000.com/sports/herd-sign-madison-native-vander-blue/870263626

Good luck Vander. Hope it works out this time.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #441 on: November 25, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »
D Wade with 35 points 6 assists 5 rebounds and 1 blocked shot in 34 minutes off the bench for the Heat  in their loss to the Raptors.

He has been playing well this season, took some time off for the birth of his daughter , and is now picking up where he left off.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #442 on: December 02, 2018, 10:35:45 PM »
Wade continues to play well. Led the Heat down the stretch to a win over the Jazz and Jae Crowder.
https://www.nba.com/heat/news/jazz-100-heat-102-game-recap-181202?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_heat&utm_campaign=heatdotcom_gamerecap
                       ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #443 on: December 05, 2018, 06:13:44 PM »
DJO on the sixers now??

I just had NBA countdown on in the background and they cut to jimmy walking around in the tunnel with DJO

Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #444 on: December 06, 2018, 06:30:11 PM »
DJO on the sixers now??

I just had NBA countdown on in the background and they cut to jimmy walking around in the tunnel with DJO
DJO still on the Iowa Wolves.
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #446 on: December 06, 2018, 09:45:48 PM »
https://thunderousintentions.com/2018/12/03/okc-thunders-prospect-deonte-burton-earning-playing-time/

So?

Dawson averaged 8.5 pts on 39% shooting his last year at Liberty; does that "prove" that MU coaches were right to keep him glued to the bench?

Better question: Have you always been so obsessive?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #447 on: December 06, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #448 on: December 06, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »
So?

Dawson averaged 8.5 pts on 39% shooting his last year at Liberty; does that "prove" that MU coaches were right to keep him glued to the bench?

Better question: Have you always been so obsessive?
John was asked to play the wing by the coaches. He has made the Greensboro Swarm G League team two years in a row. It is not in debate that John has real basketball talent by those who are willing to pay him to do so .
                       ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #449 on: December 06, 2018, 10:35:05 PM »
John was asked to play the wing by the coaches. He has made the Greensboro Swarm G League team two years in a row. It is not in debate that John has real basketball talent by those who are willing to pay him to do so .

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback