[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Final Four Thread  (Read 36914 times)

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Final Four Thread
« Reply #350 on: April 05, 2018, 10:42:36 AM »

Kids who have to go to bed at 8:30 aren't exactly in the target market either.

And I've never understood the whole "put the kids to bed thing."  Get them dressed, read them a book, kiss them good night.  10 minutes max.
What kids are we talking about, a 3 year old.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:54:36 AM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #351 on: April 05, 2018, 10:48:46 AM »

And I've never understood the whole "put the kids to bed thing."  Get them dressed, read them a book, kiss them good night.  10 minutes max.

Good, you'll babysit my 3 monsters this weekend?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #352 on: April 05, 2018, 10:50:25 AM »
Good, you'll babysit my 3 monsters this weekend?

Nope.  I served my time. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #353 on: April 05, 2018, 10:52:44 AM »

But how much time did your wife spend?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #354 on: April 05, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
What kid are we talking about, a 3 year old.  ;D

The 3 year old is now pushing an hour.  Thirsty, have to pee, read a book herself, thirsty, afraid of her room, have to pee, lights on, lights off, where's my stuffed animal?, no not that one, the other one, have to pee, my back is itchy, where's the moon, have to pee.

The 9 year old spends 15 minutes combing his hair and posing in the bathroom before bed.  (Same kid spends 0 minutes combing his hair in the morning, and goes to school with bed-head almost every day.)  Melatonin took his bed time from 2+ hours to pretty quick now.

The 11 year old is quick to bed, if he's not trying to be the 3rd parent to the other 2.

5:50 am alarms for the kids to get up, eat and leave for school at 7.  doesn't allow for late nights watching sports.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #355 on: April 05, 2018, 10:55:13 AM »

Nope.  I served my time.
I was smart, I have dogs!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #356 on: April 05, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »
But how much time did your wife spend?

About the same.  Seriously.  I've never understood the problem with getting kids to bed.  "Get your butt in bed and stay there" was a phrased uttered more than once.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #357 on: April 05, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »

About the same.  Seriously.  I've never understood the problem with getting kids to bed.  "Get your butt in bed and stay there" was a phrased uttered more than once.

Your kids were much more obedient than mine.  My 4 year old takes 30-60 minutes, depending on how cooperative he is on any particular night.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #358 on: April 05, 2018, 12:34:16 PM »
Ya, advertisers will not go for that. Turner/CBS need that money to pay the bills.

Then they're gonna be pissed when they find out I didn't watch a single commercial the entire tournament.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #359 on: April 05, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
The 3 year old is now pushing an hour.  Thirsty, have to pee, read a book herself, thirsty, afraid of her room, have to pee, lights on, lights off, where's my stuffed animal?, no not that one, the other one, have to pee, my back is itchy, where's the moon, have to pee.

The 9 year old spends 15 minutes combing his hair and posing in the bathroom before bed.  (Same kid spends 0 minutes combing his hair in the morning, and goes to school with bed-head almost every day.)  Melatonin took his bed time from 2+ hours to pretty quick now.

The 11 year old is quick to bed, if he's not trying to be the 3rd parent to the other 2.

5:50 am alarms for the kids to get up, eat and leave for school at 7.  doesn't allow for late nights watching sports.

Your kids were much more obedient than mine.  My 4 year old takes 30-60 minutes, depending on how cooperative he is on any particular night.

Y'all need to to parent like I used to.

In these situations, my go-to line was: "Don't make me beat you within an inch of your life! Again!"

When they cried, my response would be: "Shaddup or I'll give you something to cry about!"

And my two kids turned out to be great, well-balanced, independent adults.

Except for the serial killer, but the other one turned out mostly OK. Thanks to therapy.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #360 on: April 05, 2018, 12:45:29 PM »
Then they're gonna be pissed when they find out I didn't watch a single commercial the entire tournament.
I find that hard to believe if you watched all or most of the tournament live.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #361 on: April 05, 2018, 12:50:37 PM »
My 11 year old likes his 11 hours of sleep, and has since he was two.   So, 8 PM on a school night.    And the process takes about 10 minutes.    Bathroom, teeth, bed, prayer, light off.      He feels it when he is under 10 hours 2-3 straight nights.   "Do you want to stay up and watch the ball drop in Times Square?"   Nah.    Go to a sporting event, he races to bed when we get home.  Very lucky. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #362 on: April 05, 2018, 12:59:56 PM »
My 11 year old likes his 11 hours of sleep, and has since he was two.   So, 8 PM on a school night.    And the process takes about 10 minutes.    Bathroom, teeth, bed, prayer, light off.      He feels it when he is under 10 hours 2-3 straight nights.   "Do you want to stay up and watch the ball drop in Times Square?"   Nah.    Go to a sporting event, he races to bed when we get home.  Very lucky.

Sounds like when my kids were little. Except we were always able to save a minute thanks to our strict no-prayer rule!  8-)
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
« Reply #363 on: April 05, 2018, 01:05:53 PM »
When did MU82 become funny. LOL  ;D ;D
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #364 on: April 05, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
Sounds like when my kids were little. Except we were always able to save a minute thanks to our strict no-prayer rule!  8-)
Ha!

When my daughter came home after her freshman year of college, she said the words every father longs to hear....."You were right."   Sweetie, I was right about so many things, can you be more specific?      When she was little, she would ask how she would know she was a grown up.   I would respond.... when you want a nap but no one will let you take one.    Day-ud.  (eye roll).    So, she said she must be a grown up because she was exhausted and wanted a nap but didn't have the time.     I smiled. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #365 on: April 05, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »

He's going to be in for a rough time come high school and college.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #366 on: April 05, 2018, 01:43:07 PM »

He's just accumulating sleep hours now for use later.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #367 on: April 05, 2018, 01:46:23 PM »

Statistically speaking, it is likely his sleep patterns will evolve.   

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #368 on: April 05, 2018, 03:39:16 PM »
Y'all need to to parent like I used to.

In these situations, my go-to line was: "Don't make me beat you within an inch of your life! Again!"

When they cried, my response would be: "Shaddup or I'll give you something to cry about!"

And my two kids turned out to be great, well-balanced, independent adults.

Except for the serial killer, but the other one turned out mostly OK. Thanks to therapy.

Maybe there's a connection between the Mexico wedding and the serial killing.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #369 on: April 05, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »
Statistically speaking, it is likely his sleep patterns will evolve.

Scientifically speaking, he will need less sleep as he gets older.  11-hours of sleep is a bit on the long side for his age, but reasonable.  The early wake times we impose on children is terrible for their health/fitness/mental abilities. 

Sounds like your son has a well-developed and maintained clock.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #370 on: April 05, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 07:43:21 PM by jsglow »

feedback