Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ND blog  (Read 10337 times)

MU

• Walk-On
ND blog
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »
http://www.ndnation.com/boards/index.php?thepit

Here is a link to the ND basketball blog if you want to keep an eye on what they're saying about the game this weekend.  On one of the posts it looks like somebody claims a generous donor from the Alumni Assoc. pulled some strings to get all the tickets for the game at ND...maybe that is why none of us can buy them.  Our fans are also getting a lot of heat for being the most rude and disrespectful in all of college basketball....and Crean is a whiny bitch.  A lot of it is overblown biased opinions from ND fans but I can't help but agree on some points...like let's cut the "F*** the Irish" chant this time, that's just disrespectful however you look at it.  Whether you love them or hate them, unlike Madison they're at least a respectable team and school and we look like idiots with a chant like that...this coming from a college student who usually wouldn't mind such a thing.  Go Warriors, Beat Irish!!!

muwarrior87

• All American
Re: ND blog
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:02:38 PM »
yes, kyle (pot head) McAlarney is a prime example of their respectability.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 11:05:38 PM »
Don't forget the mascot shooting shirts at the MU banner last time...just more ND arrogance!

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 11:12:43 PM »
keep in mind that you can find the message boards for all conference teams and several other rivals of note in the resources menu to the left.  Click Resources->Other Teams Boards->[team]->[board]
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 11:30:40 PM »
yes, kyle (pot head) McAlarney is a prime example of their respectability.

I'm sorry but using pot does not make someone a bad person. He appears to be a respectable kid (and good player). I think we were all ready for Saunders to be a Warrior and he got busted for pot. Had we still taken him, I doubt you'd be tearing him apart for it.

Tear em' apart for their smugness and arrogance, not petty stuff like this.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 11:33:03 PM »
Chunken, just cuz your from Madison I wont rip into you too bad for pointing something like that out. ;) Fact is Saunders isn't on our team and none of our players have been caught in that situation. Also, I don't see how he was able to stay on the team after that incident last year.  The way they were making it out to be last year was that he was done. I was surprised to hear his name in the box score against UConn.

Tommy Brice for Coach

• Team Captain
  • Tommy Brice is my hero
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 12:10:06 AM »
Chunken, just cuz your from Madison I wont rip into you too bad for pointing something like that out. ;) Fact is Saunders isn't on our team and none of our players have been caught in that situation. Also, I don't see how he was able to stay on the team after that incident last year.  The way they were making it out to be last year was that he was done. I was surprised to hear his name in the box score against UConn.

I knew the Madison comment was coming when I clicked the post button ;)

I'm just saying, don't we have better things to rip ND on than the fact that their star PG used pot? Seriously, I bet you could find a decent percentage of students at either MU or ND who have used pot. It seems to me we'd be throwing stones while living in a glass house. How many DPS reports do you see that say "A green leafy substance was found in a room in McCormick hall..." ?

eagles11

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:26:21 AM »
I can't help but agree on some points...like let's cut the "F*** the Irish" chant this time, that's just disrespectful however you look at it. 

I'm with you on that one, and the same goes for the "assh*le, assh*le, assh*le" and "bullsh*t, bullsh*t, bullsh*t" chants that often permeate the Bradley Center.

Can't "The Best Student Section in the Country" come up with anything better?

BuzzSucksSucks

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:37:38 AM »
A nice link from the ND message board re: this rivalry.http://www.ndnation.com/geetar/2008/01/mostest-bestest.html

Secret of the Ouse

• Starter
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:50:10 AM »
A nice link from the ND message board re: this rivalry.http://www.ndnation.com/geetar/2008/01/mostest-bestest.html
great article, nice to see ND appreciate this rivalry.  I'm sure the BC will be jumpin come sat. too bad I'll be in Lambeau, hopefully it can be a great sports weekend with a packers and warriors win

Desert_Eagle

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 01:47:23 AM »

Nice article, but the statement that Al was a ND man that never went to/coached for ND was tough to read.
"Marquette is bigger than any one person. Marquette is Marquette."

mufan924

• Starter
  • we are marquette
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 09:55:26 AM »
i hope we pummel notre dame and i hope someone dunks over harangody and gets T'd up for taunting.
"it's over...it's been over" -George Carlin

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 09:59:49 AM »
i hope we pummel notre dame and i hope someone dunks over harangody and gets T'd up for taunting.

I'd prefer the T to be for hanging on the rim after the dunk.  Less cocky and makes the dunk a lot cooler.   Only if we are up big though!

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »

I'd prefer the T to be for hanging on the rim after the dunk.  Less cocky and makes the dunk a lot cooler.   Only if we are up big though!

I'd prefer the T be on Harangody for crying.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 10:18:22 AM »

I'd prefer the T be on Harangody for crying.

Touche.

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
One of my fondest undergraduate memories ocurred after a MU/ND home game in '78 or '79.  After the game, (much later), I came out of the Sig Ep house onto the front porch, and draped over the railing was one of the ND bigs puking his guts out.  Big 6' 11" guy couldn't handle his beer.  He later played in Detroit.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 11:03:09 AM »
Laim 'beer' ?   Flopping over something.    Loved the guy as a Piston, can completely understand everyone else thinking he is a jerk.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 11:49:29 AM »
Al's rolling over in his grave being referred to as a Notre Dame Man. He despised the school for its arrogance. I hope we kick their asses this week.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »
One of my fondest undergraduate memories ocurred after a MU/ND home game in '78 or '79.  After the game, (much later), I came out of the Sig Ep house onto the front porch, and draped over the railing was one of the ND bigs puking his guts out.  Big 6' 11" guy couldn't handle his beer.  He later played in Detroit.

that is funny... maybe he just got one of the "Roofie Coladas" you sig eps were pouring for the ladies...
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

That Guy

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 11:58:26 AM »
I wonder who the lucky Sig Ep was who got to benefit off of that Roofie. Someone woke up a little sore the next day.
"Did you see how many beers That Guy in front of us drank at the game?"

sigep80

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »
Not me! Not I!
Deny, deny, deny

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 02:08:27 PM »
BTW, safe to assume the powder blues make their debut on Saturday?

DonCornholeone

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
I, for one, plan on acting like a crazy soccer hooligan at the ND game and any ND fans in my section are going to get an earful. 

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 03:29:45 PM »
I, for one, plan on acting like a crazy soccer hooligan at the ND game and any ND fans in my section are going to get an earful. 

I know it's early, but this is my vote for post of the year!!!!!!  I literally laughed out of my chair on the hooligan comment, and I love digging the opposition's fans!!!!  F'em!!!

Tribby

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 03:43:54 PM »
There's being a good fan and then there's being a jackass. Let the ND people be the latter, eh?