collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: fantasy footballers  (Read 1978 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
fantasy footballers
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:28:51 PM »
i've been in a small league for about the past 10 years.  mainly for fun and bragging rights.  very little money involved.  it keeps the conversation going and has me watching some games i might not have otherwise paid much attention to.

anyway, reading some reviews of who's who and who's worthy of drafting in what round, what strikes me as kinda weird. as good as the packers could/should be this year, very very few packer players are high on the fantasy draft mentions.  ok, aaron rodgers, jordy, martellis, randy cobb...but even these guys are barely mentioned, if at all

just wondering what i'm missing?
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
Re: fantasy footballers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 08:43:30 PM »
i've been in a small league for about the past 10 years.  mainly for fun and bragging rights.  very little money involved.  it keeps the conversation going and has me watching some games i might not have otherwise paid much attention to.

anyway, reading some reviews of who's who and who's worthy of drafting in what round, what strikes me as kinda weird. as good as the packers could/should be this year, very very few packer players are high on the fantasy draft mentions.  ok, aaron rodgers, jordy, martellis, randy cobb...but even these guys are barely mentioned, if at all

just wondering what i'm missing?

Lack of consistent targets outside of Jordy, and he's getting up there in years. Cobb hasn't been great the last couple years. Bennett, Jordy, and Davante should go somewhat early for their positions. Rodgers should go first for QBs. Having been a Montgomery owner already, I think he is worth an early pick courtesy of his versatility. Will get carries and catches out of the backfield. But outside of Rodgers, mostly due to the ball being spread, I'm not sure any are top 5 at their positions.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 09:37:24 PM »
  the aaron-martellis duo could pay dividends. 

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 09:42:38 PM »
So muscoop league?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 09:51:57 PM »
Interesting tidbit from Berry today: the #2 receiver for GB has averaged over 1100 yards and 12 tds over the last 3 years. Sold.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 05:55:13 AM »
i'm tempted to go after eddie lee in the early-mid rounds.  he may have something to prove

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 01:45:50 PM »
Brady will go before Rodgers. Prescott might go before in some leagues for his running ability

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 02:01:01 PM »
Brady will go before Rodgers. Prescott might go before in some leagues for his running ability

I don't think Dak is even a top 10 fantasy QB. Rodgers also rushed for nearly 100 yards more than Dak last season. I think Brady is a better real life QB but I think Rodgers is the clear cut number 1 fantasy QB. Then it's take your pick between Ryan, Brady, and Brees. Carr, Rivers, Marriota, Newton, Wilson, Stafford, and Rothlisberger should all go before Dak.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 02:08:36 PM »
i'm tempted to go after eddie lee in the early-mid rounds.  he may have something to prove

I was so excited when the Packers drafted Eddie Lee Ivery back in 1979.  The only thing I knew about him is that he ran for a lot of yards, and back in the day, that's how you properly judged an offensive weapon.

First game of the year at Chicago - he blows out his knee after three carries.  The Packers ended up losing 6-3, which was actually a pretty typical 1970s Bears / Packers game. 

Damn Packer football was so depressing back then.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »

ahhhh schmitt, i meant eddie LACY

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »
everyone poo-poos kickers until they score 20 points for ya on fantasy or kicks 50 yarders and/or game winners. 

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
everyone poo-poos kickers until they score 20 points for ya on fantasy or kicks 50 yarders and/or game winners.

yeah man, that's why i double up on the Polish Pride and draft Gronkowski and Gostkowski with my first two picks and not in that order.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

Sure, they always get points, but I think the reason they are often overlooked is because there is so much year-to-year and even week-to-week fluctuation, plus there are always guys on the waiver wire that can do the job.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »
yeah man, that's why i double up on the Polish Pride and draft Gronkowski and Gostkowski with my first two picks and not in that order.

not exactly how i would play it, but good luck with that

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2017, 02:54:09 PM »
Sure, they always get points, but I think the reason they are often overlooked is because there is so much year-to-year and even week-to-week fluctuation, plus there are always guys on the waiver wire that can do the job.

another thing i watch is cold weather,  indoors, denver, team offenses(do they put their kickers in positions to kick?) etc

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »
another thing i watch is cold weather,  indoors, denver, team offenses(do they put their kickers in positions to kick?) etc

But Brah. You don't look at wind speeds and direction?

Also seriously. Muscoop league?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 05:12:34 PM »

We"be gotten rid of kickers in a couple of leagues I am in and added another starting flex spot. Highly recommended.

I loathe kickers in regards to fantasy.

But anyone that wants to draft one prior to the last round, please do.

feedback