'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Freshman scouting report  (Read 4390 times)

tower912

• All American
Freshman scouting report
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:16:24 AM »
Dodds has apparently been to some practices and has scouting reports on the freshman.     Cliff notes versions:
John: 6'7.5, strong, sets a brutal pick, further ahead defensively than offensively
Eke:  Raw, Soccer feet, farther ahead defensively than offensively
Cain:  Explosive, can shoot from distance, not physically strong yet.
Elliot:  Explosive, can shoot from distance, skinny, can run the point. 

Dodds is always pollyanna-ish in his scouting reports.  Trying to translate his scouting reports to reality  makes me think they all have upside and have the potential to be good players, but right now, none project to be a first year star.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheer4MU

• Walk-On
Re: Freshman scouting report
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:53:10 AM »
Hoping to hear some reports on Sacar and Harry.

Other than him reportedly working on his outside game and becoming more of a wing, not much has been said about Sacar.

Then, as everyone has seen, time well spent with Todd Smith for Froling. Can't wait to see how the rotation shakes out once he is eligible.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 07:02:31 AM »
Other than him reportedly working on his outside game and becoming more of a wing, not much has been said about Sacar.

First we have to find him.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 07:42:17 AM »
Dodds has apparently been to some practices and has scouting reports on the freshman.     Cliff notes versions:
John: 6'7.5, strong, sets a brutal pick, further ahead defensively than offensively

Dodds is always pollyanna-ish in his scouting reports.  Trying to translate his scouting reports to reality  makes me think they all have upside and have the potential to be good players, but right now, none project to be a first year star.
https://scout.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/Ike-Eke-108287706
https://scout.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/Gregg-Elliott-108280791
https://scout.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/Theo-John-108287157
https://scout.com/college/marquette/Board/104085/Contents/Jamal-Cain-108280456
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:47:02 AM by Herman Cain »
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:58:32 AM »

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 09:16:32 AM »
I was going to read Dodds report but then remembered I had to watch some paint dry.  Absolutely nothing new to be offered.  Loved the soccer feet reference, has this ever not been said about someone from across the pond that had a late start with basketball, starting in about 1980?
Dodds trys but his website is horrible.  Did he put anyone in a blender?  And hopefully he did not compare Froling's pure outside game yet again to Henry, cause if he did let's hope he isnt given Henrys green light to chuck at a 28% rate.  Umm Dodds Henrys outside shhoting is still bad to everyone else watching
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 09:24:03 AM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 10:18:47 AM »
Somebody needs to grab the MUBB twitter account and post the minute long video from practice.   I am not on twitter and am unable to copy/paste it from the Dodds board.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
Somebody needs to grab the MUBB twitter account and post the minute long video from practice.   I am not on twitter and am unable to copy/paste it from the Dodds board.

Ask and ye shall receive

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/914555982369443840

If anyone knows how to imbed videos that would be cool
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2017, 10:56:20 AM »
He said 1,000 times that Sandy Cohen was a star

Yeah, I'll pass on his insight
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 11:02:54 AM »
Eh, Dodds likes to treat relatively common knowledge as an example of his incredible access so he can justify people paying him money for doing almost nothing.

His insight is that the freshmen are ahead defensively but have a lot of work to do offensively....ya don't say?

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »
Eh, Dodds likes to treat relatively common knowledge as an example of his incredible access so he can justify people paying him money for doing almost nothing.

His insight is that the freshmen are ahead defensively but have a lot of work to do offensively....ya don't say?

Plus, they may play more minutes as the season progresses.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 11:49:23 AM »
Plus, they may play more minutes as the season progresses.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 11:58:52 AM »

I've gotten to the point where I just wait and see what they do in games and go from there.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 12:29:40 PM »
Ask and ye shall receive

https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/914555982369443840

If anyone knows how to imbed videos that would be cool

Wait, is that "soccer feet" Eke bringing up the rear on the full court and back sprint?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:31:13 PM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
Wait, is that "soccer feet" Eke bringing up the rear on the full court and back sprint?

To be fair, part of the drill is to hold back the lead player, I think Eke is one of those draggers....like Haanif all the way to the right on Froling

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 05:34:12 PM »

To be fair, part of the drill is to hold back the lead player, I think Eke is one of those draggers....like Haanif all the way to the right on Froling

I'm fairly certain they were both pushing Froling so that he would make it across the end line before the buzzer went off so the team didn't have to continue to run.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

panda

• All American
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 05:20:27 PM »
I told the board to stop wasting their money and search #mubb on twitter for the same more reliable, free info. He banned me !