'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893601 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: NM
« Reply #1275 on: September 20, 2017, 02:11:42 AM »
Good luck and keep the spirit.
Thanks, this is just a nasty animal. Been through 5 but this is something else.
Goal is National Championship

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1276 on: September 20, 2017, 07:07:25 AM »
Give us a quick 'we're okay' when you can newsy.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1277 on: September 20, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »
Give us a quick 'we're okay' when you can newsy.

Heard from him last at 1:30 AM with a quick text.  He's turning cell off to save battery. Looks like the eye is about 30-45 mi north of his home. 

He sent pics of his home pre-storm last night.  He over-engineered it for a storm like this.  Main concern is window integrity.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1278 on: September 20, 2017, 07:44:00 AM »
Hoping the best for News. I'm sure all is well though but this storm looks angry.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1279 on: September 20, 2017, 09:01:41 AM »
Heard from him last at 1:30 AM with a quick text.  He's turning cell off to save battery. Looks like the eye is about 30-45 mi north of his home. 

He sent pics of his home pre-storm last night.  He over-engineered it for a storm like this.  Main concern is window integrity.

Let us know if you hear from him.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1280 on: September 20, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
No power for Puerto Rico for 4-6 MONTHS? Holy crap! Prayers for newsie and everyone on the island.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 08:27:28 PM by Quentin's Tap »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1281 on: September 20, 2017, 09:37:12 PM »
No power for Puerto Rico for 4-6 MONTHS? Holy crap! Prayers for newsie and everyone on the island.

Yeah, that just blew my mind.  I guess the energy infrastructure was archaic and in poor repair to begin with, so they may be building a lot from scratch.  Still...wow. :-[

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1282 on: September 20, 2017, 10:43:13 PM »
Let us know if you hear from him.

Nothing as of this evening.  Sounds like cell towers are down.

His Uncle lives across the street and has a generator, so he catches a small break there   
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:24:10 PM by real QG chili 83 »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1283 on: September 21, 2017, 09:41:39 AM »
Yeah, that just blew my mind.  I guess the energy infrastructure was archaic and in poor repair to begin with, so they may be building a lot from scratch.  Still...wow. :-[

They say every storm has a silver lining.   Sucks that the lining can still be used to strangle and suffocate you, however.

Upside is they'll rebuild new infrastructure to current standards; downside is they have to rebuild infrastructure to current standards.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1284 on: September 22, 2017, 12:07:08 PM »
Just heard from Newsie.  He is ok.  He's in San Juan where there is limited communication.

Said island hit by a bomb.  His house looks ok structurally (roof, walls) but many windows did not hold up.  Interior damage from water, wind etc.

He'll post later today. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1285 on: September 22, 2017, 12:25:40 PM »
Just heard from Newsie.  He is ok.  He's in San Juan where there is limited communication.

Said island hit by a bomb.  His house looks ok structurally (roof, walls) but many windows did not hold up.  Interior damage from water, wind etc.

He'll post later today.

Great news about Newsie... crappy about the house and the island.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1286 on: September 22, 2017, 12:39:25 PM »
Just glad to hear he is OK.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1287 on: September 22, 2017, 12:59:04 PM »
Just glad to hear he is OK.

Same here.  Wheh!

We were discussing one of my company's customers in Puerto Rico.  I got an e-mail like late Friday asking for an update on their order.  I replied the beginning of this week and not surprising obtained an out-of-office email simply stating "We are on shutdown due to a hurricane."
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:02:14 PM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1288 on: September 22, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »
Thank you all for thoughts and prayers. My wife and I survived a night of horror. Just glad to be alive. Being 6 hours in a walk in closet is no fun. What just happened is not normal. Nature is telling us something. Yes some of our infrastructure is dated but the winds were unreal 165 mph sustained and I'm pretty sure near 200 mph gusts, I could feel some concrete walls vibrating. But just glad God spared this Warrior and my family. I'm in San Juan 2 hours away. Only pkace there are comms and sketchy at best, and gas is scarce so might be a while For me to post again. So don't worry I'll be fine just hope cable & internet are up by the time season starts. Again, thank you all.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1289 on: September 22, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
Thoughts and prayers Newsie. Stay strong
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1290 on: September 22, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
Thank you all for thoughts and prayers. My wife and I survived a night of horror. Just glad to be alive. Being 6 hours in a walk in closet is no fun. What just happened is not normal. Nature is telling us something. Yes some of our infrastructure is dated but the winds were unreal 165 mph sustained and I'm pretty sure near 200 mph gusts, I could feel some concrete walls vibrating. But just glad God spared this Warrior and my family. I'm in San Juan 2 hours away. Only pkace there are comms and sketchy at best, and gas is scarce so might be a while For me to post again. So don't worry I'll be fine just hope cable & internet are up by the time season starts. Again, thank you all.

Great to hear you are OK...we thinking of you all now with the recovery....will be tough days ahead I am sure. 

Slim

• All American
« Reply #1291 on: September 22, 2017, 01:40:19 PM »
God Bless!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1292 on: September 22, 2017, 01:44:44 PM »
Thanks leaving San Juan for home so it'll be a while for me to post...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1293 on: September 22, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »
Now they're ordering the immediate evacuation of an area in NW Puerto Rico, due to concerns that a dam might burst and cause (even more) catastrophic flooding. Fortunately it sounds like it's far from where Newsie lives...but it highlights that the fight to recover is only just beginning.

Houston, Barbuda, the Virgin Islands, Florida, Mexico, Puerto Rico and more. So many people in need of help....

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1294 on: September 24, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »

Sounds good newsy.  Our best to your family.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1295 on: September 24, 2017, 11:49:56 AM »
The good news is your family survived. Hopefully, the rebuilding of the Island will add some much needed economic benefit. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1296 on: September 24, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »

Glad you are ok and safe.  I've been through one as bad.  Nature is always telling us something.

Maria actually a little stronger than 165, it was at 175mph sustained. They measure this for 1 minute sustained push.  We've only been keeping records of this stuff for about 100 years, but in North America alone we've hit this marker 15 times since 1924.  Eight of those (more than half), were prior to 1992.  Six of them prior to 1980.  Four prior to 1970.  Nature is hard to predict.  Glad you are safe.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1297 on: September 24, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
Glad you are ok and safe.  I've been through one as bad.  Nature is always telling us something.

Maria actually a little stronger than 165, it was at 175mph sustained. They measure this for 1 minute sustained push.  We've only been keeping records of this stuff for about 100 years, but in North America alone we've hit this marker 15 times since 1924.  Eight of those (more than half), were prior to 1992.  Six of them prior to 1980.  Four prior to 1970.  Nature is hard to predict.  Glad you are safe.

"Glad you are safe. But now I'm going to use this time to provide my opinion why the earth isn't warming."

Jerk.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #1298 on: September 24, 2017, 01:05:18 PM »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1299 on: September 24, 2017, 01:50:18 PM »

"Glad you are safe. But now I'm going to use this time to provide my opinion why the earth isn't warming."

Jerk.

I gave no such opinion about warming anywhere.  If you wish to know, in my opinion it is warming. 

feedback