[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893146 times)

drewm88

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #1075 on: September 04, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »
Well if you're experience of food in Texas is based on Houston than I don't blame you. Easily the worst of the major Texas cities for the food scene. I'd even rank it behind El Paso and Lubbock.  Austin and San Antonio have the best eats in the state. I would say Texas' claim to culinary fame is BBQ (no good BBQ joints in Houston so I'd give it another try if I were you) and Mexican (not Tex Mex). The one thing Houston does have is a surprisingly good Korean restaurant scene. No idea why but there are some great joints down there.

https://www.gq.com/story/david-chang-houston-food-city

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re:
« Reply #1076 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:52 AM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I've seen the infighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.
So, I prefer to make light of virtually all discourse unless its a serious topic of discussion, I'm P.O.'ed, or I just feel like it.

Fair enough. Seems like a lot of effort to put forth for something that's just a diversion, but to each their own. Thanks for the frank response.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

DUNKS45

• All American
  • never too old
Re:
« Reply #1077 on: September 05, 2017, 08:59:25 AM »
Some posters will contribute to this board as if their input shapes the course of world peace negotiations. I don't and I have far bigger fish to fry. Its merely a diversion from reality. Over the years, however, I've seen the infighting, name calling, penis and vagina measuring increase to an embarassing level. The pontificating of some posters is, in fact, disgusting. No one's chit here smells like Chanel #5.
So, I prefer to make light of virtually all discourse unless its a serious topic of discussion, I'm P.O.'ed, or I just feel like it.

Keep it coming Doc. love it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1078 on: September 05, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
Irish penis.    Stinky poop.   That's me.   Although I do like to claim my bowel movements smell like poo-pourri.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 09:44:22 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #1079 on: September 05, 2017, 09:34:06 AM »
BTW, does grain-free affect penis size? Asking for a friend.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #1080 on: September 05, 2017, 03:53:56 PM »
BTW, does grain-free affect penis size? Asking for a friend.

On the surface, perhaps.  But it's probably more correlation than causal.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1081 on: September 06, 2017, 02:50:07 PM »
Paleo is pseudoscience. Grains are fine, and I say this as someone who has gone down the full grain-free path and even still generally avoids eating gluten/drinking milk.

Eliminating grains is just an effective heuristic for removing carbohydrates and processed food. If you look at a pareto-type analysis, one can get about 80% of results from calories-in-calories-out and adjusting macros. Eliminating grains / processed food will easily reduce the total caloric intake and then also typically increase protein consumption. Increased protein consumption is both more satiating and muscle-sparing in a caloric deficit. In addition, eliminating grains will generally increase vegetable consumption as a substitute, which is almost always good. Last, considering older and less active people tend to require less carbs, reducing grain intake is helpful.

Grain free is massively helpful to lots of people. I'm sure it's been tremendously beneficial to 4ever. Above is the science behind why it works.

My issue is that grain free people tend to become fanatical about the issue. Some are downright insufferable. I think it's bad science to vilify an entire spectrum of food, but if your commitment mechanism requires 100% adherence, then knock yourself out. However, science demonstrates that it's just as effective to hit a daily caloric target, and if you want to go further, set a protein/carb target. In other words, hit your macros, bro.

All things in moderation, including vice consumption of grains.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1082 on: September 06, 2017, 03:12:59 PM »
My issue is that grain free people tend to become fanatical about the issue. Some are downright insufferable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KpeRt-LmY
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1083 on: September 06, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »
The local Culvers had Chocolate-Oreo Volcano as its flavor of the day yesterday.  It was very satisfying.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1084 on: September 06, 2017, 03:53:55 PM »

+100000000

I eat plenty of grains...and fruits and veggies...and fats like real butter...and even sugar.  I do fine because I am very active (cycling) and my diet is balanced.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #1085 on: September 06, 2017, 04:00:26 PM »
Just had the Horseradish Cheddar cheese spread. Definitely leaped Port Wine as my favorite cheese spread.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1086 on: September 06, 2017, 04:19:22 PM »
Paleo is pseudoscience. Grains are fine, and I say this as someone who has gone down the full grain-free path and even still generally avoids eating gluten/drinking milk.

Eliminating grains is just an effective heuristic for removing carbohydrates and processed food. If you look at a pareto-type analysis, one can get about 80% of results from calories-in-calories-out and adjusting macros. Eliminating grains / processed food will easily reduce the total caloric intake and then also typically increase protein consumption. Increased protein consumption is both more satiating and muscle-sparing in a caloric deficit. In addition, eliminating grains will generally increase vegetable consumption as a substitute, which is almost always good. Last, considering older and less active people tend to require less carbs, reducing grain intake is helpful.

Grain free is massively helpful to lots of people. I'm sure it's been tremendously beneficial to 4ever. Above is the science behind why it works.

My issue is that grain free people tend to become fanatical about the issue. Some are downright insufferable. I think it's bad science to vilify an entire spectrum of food, but if your commitment mechanism requires 100% adherence, then knock yourself out. However, science demonstrates that it's just as effective to hit a daily caloric target, and if you want to go further, set a protein/carb target. In other words, hit your macros, bro.

Yep, unless you have Celiac disease, of course.  Otherwise, if you are gluten-free just take your burger out of the bun and STFU.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #1087 on: September 06, 2017, 05:01:54 PM »
My issue is that grain free people tend to become fanatical about the issue. Some are downright insufferable.

That's not exclusive to grain free. I think every new fad diet has its insane devotees that have to constantly talk about their diet. I feel most exercise programs are the same.

We have one guy at work that has to explain every detail of his diet and tell us all the things the rest of us are doing wrong. If I have to hear one more time about how every slice of bacon is like smoking five cigarettes...
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1088 on: September 06, 2017, 05:21:44 PM »

That's not exclusive to grain free. I think every new fad diet has its insane devotees that have to constantly talk about their diet. I feel most exercise programs are the same.

Yep. Grain-free, South Beach, Atkins, whatever. Once they get a few people following their fad, the True Believers suddenly try to convert the godless masses.

Eat a balanced diet, avoid specific foods if you're allergic (like Chick's reference to celiac), and otherwise just enjoy what you eat....

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #1089 on: September 06, 2017, 08:07:41 PM »
Just had the Horseradish Cheddar cheese spread. Definitely leaped Port Wine as my favorite cheese spread.
+1.  From Trader Joe's? It's outstanding. 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1090 on: September 06, 2017, 09:02:04 PM »

All things in moderation, including moderation!

Seriously, Hank, you're dead on - portion control (and an active lifestyle) are the keys.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1091 on: September 07, 2017, 02:22:08 AM »
North American grains are harder than soft shaft European grains. Always go Euro.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #1092 on: September 07, 2017, 06:57:38 AM »
North American grains are harder than soft shaft European grains. Always go Euro.

In before the inevitable 4never joke.
Have some patience, FFS.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1093 on: September 07, 2017, 07:54:30 AM »
+1.  From Trader Joe's? It's outstanding.

Speaking of Trader Joe's, has anyone else tried their "partially popped popcorn?"  Love that stuff.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1094 on: September 07, 2017, 08:36:56 AM »

Really kin? Ta each der own, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1095 on: September 07, 2017, 11:24:19 AM »
Goal is National Championship

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1096 on: September 07, 2017, 02:35:14 PM »
Taxpayer questions and location aside. Credit to Depaul, the new arena looks really nice.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/time-lapse-video-watch-court-installation-at-depauls-wintrust-arena/amp/

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1097 on: September 07, 2017, 02:48:50 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1098 on: September 07, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
This is funny
https://twitter.com/hokie_hoops/status/905149506026647552

Maybe someday Va Tech will add Marcus and a Hauser or two to their tweets.  After all, Buzz will probably argue that they came to MU because of the program he built....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #1099 on: September 07, 2017, 06:24:46 PM »
Hey, your alive.  So you got dat goin' fer ya.
Yep it passed on a more northern course than expected no major damage except over a million families are without electricity, about 80% of the island and no wifi/internet only cellphones
Goal is National Championship

feedback