[Today at 12:28:22 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893744 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #925 on: August 26, 2017, 01:11:34 PM »
Makes perfect sense.  First responders rock.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 01:27:25 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #926 on: August 26, 2017, 01:32:14 PM »
Buying a car yesterday.   Slimy sales manager decides to impress me with a story.    He grew up in Moscow, Idaho, where the drinking age was 19.    He regales me with a story of how Sports Illustrated did a list of the best party schools back in the day.   He said that they had a special note that said that WSU and University of Idaho weren't listed because it wouldn't be fair to compare pros with amateurs.   He had already pissed me off, and this story did not help. 

I recall a similar story about MU, but it was a survey done in Playboy.    That MU was considered to be in a different class of partying than most party schools.    Does anyone know if the MU legend is truth or not? 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #927 on: August 26, 2017, 02:23:17 PM »
Nice catch on the plagiarism, Sultan.    Did you run it through one of those databases that academics use to stop students from doing that very thing?    Or are you just that damn good?

Plagarism? Really?

Death on call

tower912

• All American
« Reply #928 on: August 26, 2017, 02:45:20 PM »
Plagarism? Really?
http://www.plagiarism.org/article/what-is-plagiarism

You presented an essay without attribution.    It was shown to be written by someone else.    Ergo, plagiarism. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #929 on: August 26, 2017, 02:51:03 PM »

So are you going to admit that you stole this entire work almost word for word, without attribution, from this page?

http://www.sobran.com/columns/1999-2001/990930.shtml

Am I supposed to be impressed by this?

You were outed here.     

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #930 on: August 26, 2017, 02:56:31 PM »
Buying a car yesterday.   Slimy sales manager decides to impress me with a story.    He grew up in Moscow, Idaho, where the drinking age was 19.    He regales me with a story of how Sports Illustrated did a list of the best party schools back in the day.   He said that they had a special note that said that WSU and University of Idaho weren't listed because it wouldn't be fair to compare pros with amateurs.   He had already pissed me off, and this story did not help. 

I recall a similar story about MU, but it was a survey done in Playboy.    That MU was considered to be in a different class of partying than most party schools.    Does anyone know if the MU legend is truth or not?

It could have been true, maybe even should have been true. And I really wish it was true. But I'm almost positive it's MU/urban legend.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #931 on: August 26, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »
It could have been true, maybe even should have been true. And I really wish it was true. But I'm almost positive it's MU/urban legend.

I have heard the same or similar stories claimed by alumni of dozens of colleges, so yes, urban legend.
Have some patience, FFS.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #932 on: August 26, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »
Goal is National Championship

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #933 on: August 26, 2017, 06:07:41 PM »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #934 on: August 26, 2017, 09:00:05 PM »
I was there at that time. Playboy wasn't wrong
Maybe you knew my son!
Goal is National Championship

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #935 on: August 27, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »
My brother went to MU also.  After I graduated, one year I went to visit  him with some UConn friends of ours over UConn's spring break.  Marquette's break was the week before. It was a typical Marquette weekend and our friends had a blast.  They couldn't believe that it was a typical weekend.  They were ridiculed back home for going somewhere cold for spring break but it was the most fun they had on any past or future spring breaks.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #936 on: August 27, 2017, 02:35:22 PM »
People didn't evacuate during Hurricane Camille. This isn't new.

Discussion for another day but there is a difference between people not heeding weather reports 50 years ago and the active ignorant defiance of expertise that has blossomed in recent American history. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #937 on: August 27, 2017, 03:32:34 PM »
I mean the mouth feel.  Felt like there was a layer of snot around the patties.

That's a really disgusting description, but you're not wrong.

Nonetheless, I love original sliders, jalapeƱo chz sliders & ONION RINGS!!!

I drop bombs nonstop the day after White Castle. It's amazing
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #938 on: August 27, 2017, 03:44:53 PM »
I agree for the most part about people refusing to evacuate.  But keep in mind that there are some out there who literally cannot afford to evacuate.

Most of college station roads have about an inch of standing water and the rain is still coming.  TAMU has already cancelled the first two days of class.  Keep in mind that are are 150 miles from the coast and 250 from where the storm made landfall.  If it's this bad here,  I can't imagine what it's like in Corpus and Houston.  A buddy of mine taking cover in Houston described the city as "devastated and impassible." It's going to take awhile for them to recover.  Send thoughts and prayers.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #939 on: August 27, 2017, 05:11:34 PM »
I agree for the most part about people refusing to evacuate.  But keep in mind that there are some out there who literally cannot afford to evacuate.

Most of college station roads have about an inch of standing water and the rain is still coming.  TAMU has already cancelled the first two days of class.  Keep in mind that are are 150 miles from the coast and 250 from where the storm made landfall.  If it's this bad here,  I can't imagine what it's like in Corpus and Houston.  A buddy of mine taking cover in Houston described the city as "devastated and impassible." It's going to take awhile for them to recover.  Send thoughts and prayers.

Ya got a boat?  Fill it and some gas cans and go save some brothers and sisters.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #940 on: August 27, 2017, 05:32:51 PM »
Grocery store was out of Honeycrisp AND pink lady. Rough day. Had to go with Jazz apple.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #941 on: August 27, 2017, 06:29:56 PM »
Like whom? Any time someone doesn't respond to a FB post or a Scoop post because they know the response will be "You're a racist".  That is encroaching on freedom of speech.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #942 on: August 27, 2017, 06:37:22 PM »
Grocery store was out of Honeycrisp AND pink lady. Rough day. Had to go with Jazz apple.

Bummer.  Any Galas?

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #943 on: August 27, 2017, 07:05:50 PM »
so the family went up to north Georgia today to go apple picking.  Season just started and only four varieties were ready for picking:

- Red Delicious
- Mutsu
- September Wonder
- Gala

We picked mostly Gala but also a few September Wonders.  Anybody have any experience with that variety?  Haven't tried one yet.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #944 on: August 27, 2017, 07:53:40 PM »

Donate to the Red Cross.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #945 on: August 27, 2017, 08:43:19 PM »
so the family went up to north Georgia today to go apple picking.  Season just started and only four varieties were ready for picking:

- Red Delicious
- Mutsu
- September Wonder
- Gala

We picked mostly Gala but also a few September Wonders.  Anybody have any experience with that variety?  Haven't tried one yet.

Nope. Sadly the red delicious should have been bagged up and fed to deer in the area.
Gala is good but I don't know about September or mutsu

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #946 on: August 28, 2017, 10:58:28 PM »
Nope. Sadly the red delicious should have been bagged up and fed to deer in the area.
Gala is good but I don't know about September or mutsu

Trying to piss off the deer?

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #947 on: August 29, 2017, 10:24:47 AM »

Trying to piss off the deer?

Someone call PETA.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #948 on: August 29, 2017, 02:02:48 PM »

Someone call PETA.

Just called. They suggested feeding the red delicious to people who wear furs.

Big Daddy 84

• Team Captain
« Reply #949 on: August 29, 2017, 02:10:38 PM »
Red Delicious =  Foul Line in baseball

Discuss