[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1894114 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: NM
« Reply #575 on: August 18, 2017, 02:06:08 PM »
The Clemson, Arizona and Oregon State basketball teams were all staying in the same hotel where this happened in Barcelona.
Stan retweeted they're all safe
Goal is National Championship

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #576 on: August 18, 2017, 02:17:41 PM »
Yesss!

I don't normally buy food at BK, but the last time these were available, I would drive thru and get an order on my way to work almost every morning.

"Honey? Have you seen my spandex? I am headed over to The King for some cheesy tots on my way to work..."

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #577 on: August 18, 2017, 02:19:56 PM »
That and we visited Charlottesville 5 years ago.  Tur story: Our family photo from Monticello ended up on our Christmas card.  My wife had to spend the next few months after Christmas explaining to family back in Poland that this was NOT our new house and we did not move.

Body boarding in the Atlantic for a few days definitely had much more appeal!

I heard they are razing Monticello. The guy who built it owned slaves, fercrissakes...

Death on call

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #578 on: August 18, 2017, 02:54:43 PM »
I heard they are razing Monticello. The guy who built it owned slaves, fercrissakes...

I can't imagine you had any malice in your 'joke' but not the right place and not the right time. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:00:17 PM by Frenns Li"Q"uor Depot »

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #579 on: August 18, 2017, 02:56:25 PM »

This one was for sale locally recently although a bit out of my price range.....

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-faux-monticello-20141019-story.html

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #580 on: August 18, 2017, 03:27:58 PM »
That and we visited Charlottesville 5 years ago.  Tur story: Our family photo from Monticello ended up on our Christmas card.  My wife had to spend the next few months after Christmas explaining to family back in Poland that this was NOT our new house and we did not move.

Body boarding in the Atlantic for a few days definitely had much more appeal!

When you paid for your admission, did they still give you your change in $2 bills?  I thought that was very cool when I went there awhile back.
Have some patience, FFS.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #581 on: August 18, 2017, 03:35:09 PM »
When you paid for your admission, did they still give you your change in $2 bills?  I thought that was very cool when I went there awhile back.

My local liquor store still does this. Monticello is one of the best in and near D.C. Attractions.  Just the innovations and gardens alone are fascinating.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #582 on: August 18, 2017, 04:18:23 PM »
"Honey? Have you seen my spandex? I am headed over to The King for some cheesy tots on my way to work..."

From your private photo collection?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #583 on: August 18, 2017, 04:21:54 PM »
From your private photo collection?

Must be that Dartmouth grad he is always talking about.  Note the green shorts.
Have some patience, FFS.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #584 on: August 18, 2017, 04:54:53 PM »

This one was for sale locally recently although a bit out of my price range.....

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-faux-monticello-20141019-story.html

People recognize the name but few comprehend the genius of Thomas Jefferson. Most know he was President or that he authored the Declaration but most Americans have no idea he was an architect, astronomer, educator, and horticulturalist.

Jefferson was the Republic's leading proponent of free and universal public education. He not only founded UVA but ensured that public schools were the norm in the country he helped launch. 

He was also a leader in sustainable agricultural practices and popularized the selection and variety of vegetables in the US. His advancements in horticulture improved the diet and health of Americans.

Like many of the Founding Fathers Jefferson was a true Renaissance Man whose acumen, discernment, and will not only forged a completely new political model based on the Rights of Man but contributed greatly to the enrichment of a new society.   

Death on call

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #585 on: August 18, 2017, 05:07:29 PM »
People recognize the name but few comprehend the genius of Thomas Jefferson. Most know he was President or that he authored the Declaration but most Americans have no idea he was an architect, astronomer, educator, and horticulturalist.

Jefferson was the Republic's leading proponent of free and universal public education. He not only founded UVA but ensured that public schools were the norm in the country he helped launch. 

He was also a leader in sustrightble agricultural practices and popularized the selection and variety of vegetables in the US. His advancements in horticulture improved the diet and health of Americans.

Like many of the Founding Fathers Jefferson was a true Renaissance Man whose acumen, discernment, and will not only forged a completely new political model based on the Rights of Man but contributed greatly to the enrichment of a new society.

If you haven't read it, I recommend Jefferson's Great Gamble by Charles Cerami regarding the Louisiana Purchase.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #586 on: August 18, 2017, 05:09:02 PM »
To rub or not to rub?

I am doing a brisket this weekend. I plan on using a vinegar mop as I am smoking it for 12 hours but am torn about making a rub. 

Death on call

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #587 on: August 18, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »
If you haven't read it, I recommend Jefferson's Great Gamble by Charles Cerami regarding the Louisiana Purchase.

Thanks. I will definitely check it out.

ironically, I am a huge fan of both Adams and Jefferson. An astounding partnership.

Death on call

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #588 on: August 18, 2017, 05:12:26 PM »
. NM, writ small
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:14:24 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #589 on: August 18, 2017, 05:13:59 PM »
Did you have a nice march?

I don't know. You are the white male. You tell me.

Death on call

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #590 on: August 18, 2017, 06:24:24 PM »
To rub or not to rub?

I am doing a brisket this weekend. I plan on using a vinegar mop as I am smoking it for 12 hours but am torn about making a rub.

Yes to rub. For vinegar mop google Carolina kiss.  Consider beef broth for an injection. I like Johnny's concentrate.

You doing a flat, packer, or point?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #591 on: August 18, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
My local liquor store still does this. Monticello is one of the best in and near D.C. Attractions.  Just the innovations and gardens alone are fascinating.

I honestly didn't realize they still make $2 bills.  Can't recall the last time I saw one....

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #592 on: August 18, 2017, 06:43:27 PM »
Yes to rub. For vinegar mop google Carolina kiss.  Consider beef broth for an injection. I like Johnny's concentrate.

You doing a flat, packer, or point?

14 pound flat. I will trim off the fat that won't render leaving about 12 pounds.

I usually just hit it with kosher salt and fresh cracked but since I am doing a vinegar based mop I thought I might do a rub.

My Carolina mop is half vinegar and half olive oil/beer with some heat thrown in.

Any secret rubs that would pair?

Death on call

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #593 on: August 18, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »

Agreed.  Really good book.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #594 on: August 18, 2017, 06:52:09 PM »
Add some cayenne, garlic, and brown sugar to what you already have

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #595 on: August 18, 2017, 06:52:44 PM »
BGE?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #596 on: August 18, 2017, 08:49:23 PM »
I honestly didn't realize they still make $2 bills.  Can't recall the last time I saw one....

Still in circulation - believe last printed in early 00's. Not highly demanded - clearly. 

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #597 on: August 18, 2017, 09:41:33 PM »
I can't imagine you had any malice in your 'joke' but not the right place and not the right time.
Not the right time?  The historic statues will be gone of we don't stop the nonsense NOW!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2017, 10:01:26 PM »
To rub or not to rub?

I'll vote no rub from my experience.
Goal is National Championship

fjm

• All American
« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2017, 10:08:24 PM »
Yo gang. All is crazy here in Barcelona. We are staying 2 blocks from where it happened and were about a block from the Rambla when the van drove down the middle of the street (which is essentially Barcelonas Broadway). Pretty crazy to see and super sad. We are A-OK! Hilarious messages in this thread though! Giving me some light reading on the train!

feedback