'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893562 times)

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: NM
« Reply #10525 on: September 23, 2021, 01:12:36 PM »
however, the Friday right before New Year's Day is also a Federal Holiday, so is the Government just stealing a day off from us next year, or does it get pushed through to Jan 3rd, the following Monday?

New Year's Eve is not a federal holiday.  You'll get the entire day off though, enjoy!  2021 will have extra holiday though, and 2022 will have one less.  But net-net, nothing was "stolen" :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 01:19:36 PM by rocky_warrior »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #10526 on: September 23, 2021, 01:21:16 PM »
New Year's Eve is not a federal holiday.  You'll get the entire day off though, enjoy!  2021 will have extra holiday though, and 2022 will have one less.  But net-net, nothing was "stolen" :)

Don't forget Juneteenth.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #10527 on: September 23, 2021, 01:21:25 PM »

How dare you take away my right to be unnecessarily angry about something no one can control.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10528 on: September 23, 2021, 03:59:46 PM »
How dare you take away my right to be unnecessarily angry about something no one can control.

First they spend our outrageous Scoop dues on all that Arby’s sauce, and now this?!?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10529 on: September 24, 2021, 10:59:43 AM »
I will never be able to watch Mr. Ed reruns innocently again.

#neighstyle

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-accused-sexually-assaulting-horse-202700706.html

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10530 on: September 24, 2021, 12:03:00 PM »
I will never be able to watch Mr. Ed reruns innocently again.

#neighstyle

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-accused-sexually-assaulting-horse-202700706.html

I'm generally proud of my hometown. Today...not so much. For the record, he's not originally from Durango.

Because I still follow my hometown newspaper (Durango Herald woot woot!), I've been aware of this story since June...of course the escape was new.

For those of you who are inclined to judge this guy, I should point out:  “Jonah said the horse had given indications to him, based on its behavior, that it was interested in participating in sexual activity."

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10531 on: September 24, 2021, 12:33:25 PM »
I'm generally proud of my hometown. Today...not so much. For the record, he's not originally from Durango.

Because I still follow my hometown newspaper (Durango Herald woot woot!), I've been aware of this story since June...of course the escape was new.

For those of you who are inclined to judge this guy, I should point out:  “Jonah said the horse had given indications to him, based on its behavior, that it was interested in participating in sexual activity."

Perhaps the defense should call the horse as a witness....

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #10532 on: September 24, 2021, 12:53:24 PM »

Perhaps the defense should call the horse as a witness....
Ed would be the translator?
Goal is National Championship

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10534 on: September 24, 2021, 01:46:43 PM »

https://www.insider.com/people-are-putting-nicotine-pouches-in-their-butthole-penis-foreskins-2021-9?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sf-insider-main&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR0J6p2KWye9QFfBWaHhA34bv3RvdouYIUVitrUaDlaqUa5HIinJtSvJDno

i guess if there's an orafice and a thing, people will always be putting things in there...hold my beer and watch this? 

gotta feel bad for those without foreskins...gonna venture to say most have a-holes...some, more than one

don't...don't don't don't don't

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10535 on: September 24, 2021, 03:29:54 PM »
  i guess if there's an orafice and a thing, people will always be putting things in there...hold my beer and watch this? 

gotta feel bad for those without foreskins...gonna venture to say most have a-holes...some, more than one

I identify as an A$$hole so if I smoke a cig I guess im putting it in the a$$hole
Maigh Eo for Sam

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #10536 on: September 25, 2021, 08:01:09 AM »

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10537 on: September 25, 2021, 10:26:19 AM »
Need one with Arby's logo

https://www.heinzpacketroller.com/Home/Shop

Man, I hate those tiny packets.  I just don't understand why they go with the tiny size, forcing people to open 2x, instead of just doubling the size.

Arby's does it better with bigger packets, but Culver's is king with these:

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10538 on: September 28, 2021, 01:50:09 PM »
At a work meeting I just attended a "social open dialogue" and one attendee spoke about how upsetting it is as a woman to be objectified for their body and how it's ridiculous how their value to men is based off of their looks (you go girl!) then preceded to talk about how happy she is that women in sex work are finally getting accepted in society...

Am I the only one who sees a contradiction here? I mean regardless of how you feel about it these two concepts she spoke about aren't compatible right?
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10539 on: September 28, 2021, 05:44:38 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10540 on: September 28, 2021, 06:01:28 PM »
At a work meeting I just attended a "social open dialogue" and one attendee spoke about how upsetting it is as a woman to be objectified for their body and how it's ridiculous how their value to men is based off of their looks (you go girl!) then preceded to talk about how happy she is that women in sex work are finally getting accepted in society...

Am I the only one who sees a contradiction here? I mean regardless of how you feel about it these two concepts she spoke about aren't compatible right?

Sex work is a job where looks might legitimately matter, just like modeling or acting.

In the vast majority of other professions, looks shouldn't matter, but they often do, most especially for women.

That's the difference.
Have some patience, FFS.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10541 on: September 29, 2021, 08:45:32 AM »
Sex work is a job where looks might legitimately matter, just like modeling or acting.

In the vast majority of other professions, looks shouldn't matter, but they often do, most especially for women.

That's the difference.

Well said.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10542 on: September 29, 2021, 02:08:26 PM »
I clicked on a TikTok link and spent a minute on the site. 

The end is near.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #10543 on: September 29, 2021, 03:52:51 PM »
I clicked on a TikTok link and spent a minute on the site. 

The end is near.
Oooh it is basically here  :P

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #10544 on: September 29, 2021, 07:13:45 PM »

That's the difference.

But even though it might legitimately matter, it still would be inconsistent with her categorical statement that she was upset when women are objectified for their bodies.

May be the better thing for the woman to have said was that it was upsetting when women are objectified for their bodies except in cases where they choose to be.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10545 on: September 29, 2021, 08:04:19 PM »

But even though it might legitimately matter, it still would be inconsistent with her categorical statement that she was upset when women are objectified for their bodies.

May be the better thing for the woman to have said was that it was upsetting when women are objectified for their bodies except in cases where they choose to be.

Exactly.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10546 on: October 01, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
TIL .. about cashews.

They grow one crop a year.  India and Vietnam grow the most.

There's one nut on each "cashew apple."   

The nut itself is fragile .. until recently, they were all opened by hand (and that's still done.)

The plant itself is a member of the same family as poison ivy, which makes handling the nut toxic to human skin, so laborers are making $3 a month *and* get to have their hands slowly burned off.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10547 on: October 01, 2021, 11:30:23 AM »
I'll just leave this here...
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #10548 on: October 01, 2021, 11:55:45 AM »
I'll just leave this here...
This explains a lot .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10549 on: October 01, 2021, 12:09:45 PM »
This explains a lot .

Yep, football TV networks expand their fan bases exponentially and keep the money train rolling.