Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893501 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #10325 on: July 08, 2021, 09:09:58 AM »
Has to be a saint's name. McGuire is out for more than one reason. Is there a Saint Dwayne?

Based on some Catholic Baptisms I have been to in the last few years, I am not sure that is a requirement anymore.
Have some patience, FFS.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10326 on: July 08, 2021, 09:28:17 AM »
Has to be a saint's name. McGuire is out for more than one reason. Is there a Saint Dwayne?

Dwyane btw. Saint Dubhán

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #10327 on: July 08, 2021, 01:07:13 PM »
Based on some Catholic Baptisms I have been to in the last few years, I am not sure that is a requirement anymore.

I don't know if this has changed over the years, but at my school we had to pick a saint. And after one kid in my class picked St. Aloysius, you also had to be able to spell the name you picked. 
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #10328 on: July 09, 2021, 03:31:31 PM »

I always thought that the Saint name requirement was ridiculous.  How can we populate heaven with new names if we are required to stick with the same old same old?  Although I must say, "Lawrence" is kind of a dead name, as far as current usage goes. 
Ludum habemus.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #10329 on: July 09, 2021, 06:13:30 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #10330 on: July 09, 2021, 07:00:24 PM »
I always thought that the Saint name requirement was ridiculous.  How can we populate heaven with new names if we are required to stick with the same old same old?  Although I must say, "Lawrence" is kind of a dead name, as far as current usage goes.

Can't wait for when we have a Saint Brytnee or a Saint Ashtyn.
Have some patience, FFS.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10331 on: July 14, 2021, 11:38:02 AM »
July 14 - National Nude Day.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #10332 on: July 19, 2021, 07:21:53 PM »
McGuire Years were awesome. Wade Years were awesome. Old Big East Years were awesome we had a juggernaut of power. Crean was awesome  Buzz was awesome. But Both were also a product of the Old Big East. Buzz has only made the Big Dance 3 years out of the last 8 and would not have made it the Covid year. Buzz says himself he is not sure about his future job status at Texas A and M. Crean has only made the Big Dance Four times since leaving MU in 2008. Wojo was 3 Big Dances out of 7 counting the Covid year. Feel the Program is back with Shaka.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 07:25:27 PM by MarquetteMike1977 »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10333 on: July 19, 2021, 07:37:57 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #10334 on: July 22, 2021, 09:53:26 AM »
I don't mean to open old wounds here but my goodness red delicious apples are bad. I got carryout from Panera last night and, not considering the potential consequences, got an apple on the side. When I open the bag and see it, I freeze. Peeking out from amongst the other items, a glimpse of shiny skin. It's a perfect shade of not-quite-ruby red. I might call it bordeaux. I pull it out of the bag, and I have to admit it is beautiful - the kind of apple that gets painted in still life. Farmers must dream of apples that look like this. Even though I know better, its appearance is appealing (apeeling, heyooo) enough so I try it. As soon as I bite in, I remember why I haven't had one of these in years. It's terrible. The skin has a nice crispness but the flesh is mushy, mealy garbage. Again, I know better. I knew better. I should have known better. I labor on. A couple more bites. I briefly wonder if the texture is a result of the apple having gone bad, but I know the truth. This is a perfect specimen. This is just their baseline. This is who they are. But I can't waste 99¢. I keep going. Once I get to a bite with no skin, I'm in over my head. The skin was the spoonful of sugar to the pulp's medicine. If you'll indulge a slight hyperbole, it was like chewing chilled play-doh with bits of sand mixed in. I don't want this. The apple defeats me. I've been humbled, but have I learned anything? Hard to say. Maybe too early to tell. One thing is certain - next time I want an apple, I'll get a fuji from the store.

In the year 2021, who is still buying the farcical abominations?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #10335 on: July 22, 2021, 10:05:53 AM »
I'm surprised you found the skin even mildly acceptable. Seems thick, waxy, and awful to me.

This is interesting:
Red Delicious Apples Weren’t Always Horrible
https://newengland.com/today/food/red-delicious-apple/

"It’s a no-brainer: Given the wide array of apple cultivars to choose from nowadays — and with even more varieties emerging every year — who would opt for the tough skin and mealy flesh of a Red Delicious (or what Yankee senior food editor Amy Traverso calls “a mouthful of roughage”)?

But did you know there’s an identifiable reason for the downfall of the most iconic apple in America?

Traverso explains that on any apple tree you have what are called “sports,” which are apples that might have a slightly different genetic expression than the rest. When Red Delicious apples mutated toward more consistent coloring — i.e., brighter reds, less striping — farmers favored them, because this was a marketable quality. And therein lies the problem.

“It turns out that a lot of the genes that coded for the flavor-producing compounds were on the same chromosomes as the genes for the yellow striped skin,” Traverso explains, “so as you favored the more consistently colored apples, you were essentially disfavoring the same genes that coded for great flavor.”

Traverso adds that as the Red Delicious was being bred to have more uniformity, it was also being bred to have thicker skin — “which was great when you were shipping things on trains,” she says, “but now you’re getting this mouthful of thick skin.”

By prioritizing aesthetics, apple growers were slowly destroying the Red Delicious’s deliciousness. As Traverso says: “They literally bred the flavor out of the apple.”
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10336 on: July 22, 2021, 10:07:50 AM »
The best thing about travelling with your family is that you give your kids the opportunity to watch Youtube in different locations.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10337 on: July 22, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »
I don't mean to open old wounds here but my goodness red delicious apples are bad. I got carryout from Panera last night and, not considering the potential consequences, got an apple on the side. When I open the bag and see it, I freeze. Peeking out from amongst the other items, a glimpse of shiny skin. It's a perfect shade of not-quite-ruby red. I might call it bordeaux. I pull it out of the bag, and I have to admit it is beautiful - the kind of apple that gets painted in still life. Farmers must dream of apples that look like this. Even though I know better, its appearance is appealing (apeeling, heyooo) enough so I try it. As soon as I bite in, I remember why I haven't had one of these in years. It's terrible. The skin has a nice crispness but the flesh is mushy, mealy garbage. Again, I know better. I knew better. I should have known better. I labor on. A couple more bites. I briefly wonder if the texture is a result of the apple having gone bad, but I know the truth. This is a perfect specimen. This is just their baseline. This is who they are. But I can't waste 99¢. I keep going. Once I get to a bite with no skin, I'm in over my head. The skin was the spoonful of sugar to the pulp's medicine. If you'll indulge a slight hyperbole, it was like chewing chilled play-doh with bits of sand mixed in. I don't want this. The apple defeats me. I've been humbled, but have I learned anything? Hard to say. Maybe too early to tell. One thing is certain - next time I want an apple, I'll get a fuji from the store.

Fantastic read, btw.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10338 on: July 22, 2021, 10:33:06 AM »

May god have mercy on your soul and cleanse you of your sins.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10339 on: July 22, 2021, 12:23:46 PM »
The best thing about travelling with your family is that you give your kids the opportunity to watch Youtube in different locations.

And bitch about the wifi.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #10340 on: July 22, 2021, 01:25:04 PM »
TSmith - the skin isn't what I'd call good, but it was the only palatable part. If the insides were even remotely good, I probably would have had a problem with the skin.

It's too bad they've been ruined like that yet persist in the market.
Signature:

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10341 on: July 23, 2021, 10:20:14 AM »
And bitch about the wifi.

We were on an island a month ago .. the DSL internet was a blistering 2.5 megs down, 512k up.  It was like 1994 all over again.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #10342 on: July 23, 2021, 11:38:04 AM »
Page 4️⃣1️⃣4️⃣

Should we 🔒 it?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #10343 on: July 23, 2021, 01:30:46 PM »
Page 4️⃣1️⃣4️⃣

Should we 🔒 it?

+1
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #10344 on: July 23, 2021, 02:42:12 PM »
We were on an island a month ago .. the DSL internet was a blistering 2.5 megs down, 512k up.  It was like 1994 all over again.

The Peoples of Whitefish Bay were left without red phone coverage for a week?

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10345 on: July 23, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »
Page 4️⃣1️⃣4️⃣

Should we 🔒 it?

In before the lock.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #10346 on: July 23, 2021, 05:24:58 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #10347 on: July 23, 2021, 05:32:56 PM »
ND sucks
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #10348 on: July 23, 2021, 07:15:29 PM »
Arby's
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #10349 on: July 24, 2021, 09:54:12 AM »
Page 4️⃣1️⃣4️⃣

Should we 🔒 it?

Bump your posts per page up.