'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893599 times)

Jables1604

• Team Captain
Re: NM
« Reply #9200 on: October 16, 2020, 10:08:40 AM »
I haven't worn sweats other than to play or coach sports since college.   Just can't bring myself to wear than casually out of the house.
Lululemon ABC (Anti-Ball Crushing) pants are an absolute game changer. Although pricey they are suitable for a night on the town, 18 holes and (depending on your chosen career path) wearable to the office.

The most comfortable pants I’ve ever owned. Currently have three pairs.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9201 on: October 16, 2020, 10:34:15 AM »
I grabbed lunch at Taco Bell a ~week ago.  They did ask if I wanted hot sauce .. they grabbed a fist full and dumped it in the bag.   I didn't count, but it was > 20.

Maybe a new company policy.

.. Taco Bell story part 2 .. there's a TB near my workplace that has the best customer service it's actually jarring.   They are 100% trained to say "Good morning, how are you doing today?"    "Well, I'm doing fine now, and want a burrito."  "I can absolutely take care of both things for you!"

The drive-thru has a trivia question posted, and they'll absolutely chat you up about it.

It's .. odd, but good in a way.  It's clear whoever owns that says "This is part of the job.  I will pay you to be nice to customers.  This is how.  If you don't do this, you will not work here.  Clear?"

(This was all pre-COVID, so who knows what's going on 8 months later.)

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9202 on: October 16, 2020, 11:30:14 AM »
I grabbed lunch at Taco Bell a ~week ago.  They did ask if I wanted hot sauce .. they grabbed a fist full and dumped it in the bag.   I didn't count, but it was > 20.

Maybe a new company policy.

.. Taco Bell story part 2 .. there's a TB near my workplace that has the best customer service it's actually jarring.   They are 100% trained to say "Good morning, how are you doing today?"    "Well, I'm doing fine now, and want a burrito."  "I can absolutely take care of both things for you!"

The drive-thru has a trivia question posted, and they'll absolutely chat you up about it.

It's .. odd, but good in a way.  It's clear whoever owns that says "This is part of the job.  I will pay you to be nice to customers.  This is how.  If you don't do this, you will not work here.  Clear?"

(This was all pre-COVID, so who knows what's going on 8 months later.)

They do this all the time.  Back in HS when I worked at a Taco Bell (without a drive thru) customers would grab a handful of packets from the bin.  My manager at the time used to make us line them up nicely.  Then someone would inevitably come in and grab enough to fill their gut buster drink they had just purchased.  Told my manager that we're not doing that anymore because the customer's obviously don't give a rats ass anyway.  She looked at me in disbelief and then asked us all to police how many each customer was taking.  Yeah, not gonna do that either, Kathy.

On a side note, I had a friend who helped engineer those packets.  They are something like ten layers of plastic... basically, they never break down.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #9203 on: October 16, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »
Lululemon ABC (Anti-Ball Crushing) pants are an absolute game changer. Although pricey they are suitable for a night on the town, 18 holes and (depending on your chosen career path) wearable to the office.

My go to pants in my old job when I was doing a lot of overseas travel. Very comfortable to wear on long haul flights.

Now I just wear them on the golf course.
But I like to throw handfuls...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9204 on: October 16, 2020, 02:36:02 PM »
Do they have the same "unwritten rules" in professional baseball in Taiwan? If so, this dude must have gotten drilled on his next AB.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9205 on: October 17, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »
Now that I’m spending more time at home than usual, I have been looking for little ‘games‘ to play around the house. One was to see if I could match my cat nap for nap. Seemed like it would be such an easy thing to do – forced slothfulness. But no; it got to the point where I just had to get up and move around, and she just looked up, yawned and rolled back over. These damn felines have this nap thing mastered at a level we humans can’t possibly imagine.

I need to go for a walk or to read a book or something.

#CovidLife

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9206 on: October 18, 2020, 10:46:10 AM »
Now that I’m spending more time at home than usual, I have been looking for little ‘games‘ to play around the house. One was to see if I could match my cat nap for nap. Seemed like it would be such an easy thing to do – forced slothfulness. But no; it got to the point where I just had to get up and move around, and she just looked up, yawned and rolled back over. These damn felines have this nap thing mastered at a level we humans can’t possibly imagine.

I need to go for a walk or to read a book or something.

#CovidLife
The nap so much because they can't go for a walk or read a book, and when they do "something" it is usually evil.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #9207 on: October 18, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »

Golf pants and the Lulus mentioned are so crazy comfy in general now, there’s no way someone would prefer jeans over them.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9208 on: October 19, 2020, 09:53:01 AM »
Golf pants and the Lulus mentioned are so crazy comfy in general now, there’s no way someone would prefer jeans over them.

Yup, when going into the office, those became my go-tos.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9209 on: October 20, 2020, 10:24:07 AM »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9210 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:37 AM »
https://boingboing.net/2020/10/20/phil-collins-ex-wife-has-allegedly-taken-over-his-mansion-with-armed-guards.html

"Phil Collins' ex-wife has allegedly taken over his mansion with armed guards"
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9211 on: October 20, 2020, 11:07:57 AM »
https://boingboing.net/2020/10/20/phil-collins-ex-wife-has-allegedly-taken-over-his-mansion-with-armed-guards.html

"Phil Collins' ex-wife has allegedly taken over his mansion with armed guards"

Lesson to every middle aged wealthy guy looking for a trophy wife.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9212 on: October 20, 2020, 12:08:57 PM »
Another Day In Paradise.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9213 on: October 20, 2020, 12:33:03 PM »
I was there and I saw what you did.   I saw it with my own two eyes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #9214 on: October 20, 2020, 12:59:27 PM »
There must be a misunderstanding.  There must be some kind of mistake.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9215 on: October 20, 2020, 01:06:30 PM »
I was waiting in the rain for hours. You were late.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #9216 on: October 20, 2020, 01:27:15 PM »
Phil:  Hey could you please leave my house?  I don't want to cause a scene.

Ex-Wife: I could leave but I won’t go, it’d be easier I know...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9217 on: October 20, 2020, 03:12:53 PM »
And speaking of interesting ways to make money in the gig economy....

Line Holders Are Paid to Wait All Night Outside Motor Vehicle Offices

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/20/nyregion/nj-mvc-lines-dmv.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

In a New Jersey suburb, a woman sets up a tent around 8 p.m. outside a state Motor Vehicle Commission office. She will spend the night there, accompanied by her 4-year-old son, until just before the office opens at 8 a.m. The woman, Sumbal Nadeem, doesn’t need a driver’s license or anything else from the agency.

But she does need money. She is being paid $150 to hold a place in line by a motorist who needs a car registration.

The pandemic has spawned a new class of worker in New Jersey. They are the line holders or line sitters who, for a fee, will wait for hours, sometimes all night, outside a branch of the Motor Vehicle Commission — which was closed for four months — until whoever hired them comes to take that place right before the office opens.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #9218 on: October 20, 2020, 03:21:17 PM »
And speaking of interesting ways to make money in the gig economy....

Line Holders Are Paid to Wait All Night Outside Motor Vehicle Offices

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/20/nyregion/nj-mvc-lines-dmv.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

In a New Jersey suburb, a woman sets up a tent around 8 p.m. outside a state Motor Vehicle Commission office. She will spend the night there, accompanied by her 4-year-old son, until just before the office opens at 8 a.m. The woman, Sumbal Nadeem, doesn’t need a driver’s license or anything else from the agency.

But she does need money. She is being paid $150 to hold a place in line by a motorist who needs a car registration.

The pandemic has spawned a new class of worker in New Jersey. They are the line holders or line sitters who, for a fee, will wait for hours, sometimes all night, outside a branch of the Motor Vehicle Commission — which was closed for four months — until whoever hired them comes to take that place right before the office opens.

Why doesn't the NJ DMV just take appointments?  That's how I got my Nevada license.
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9219 on: October 20, 2020, 03:24:39 PM »
Why doesn't the NJ DMV just take appointments?  That's how I got my Nevada license.

From the bottom of the article:

Motor Vehicle Commission offices are not always known for their efficiency even when times are normal.

I think that's being kind....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9220 on: October 21, 2020, 09:17:49 AM »
Another Day In Paradise.

I don't care anymore, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9221 on: October 21, 2020, 11:48:07 AM »
Hey, did I miss Madness?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9222 on: October 21, 2020, 12:29:33 PM »
Hey, did I miss Madness?

Yes.

Unfortunately so did everyone else. 

I don't even know what to put for the box above.  I guess I could put Nov 25th.  But without a schedule, or any scheduled public display of basketball yet....sigh...

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #9223 on: October 21, 2020, 12:39:47 PM »
Yes.

Unfortunately so did everyone else. 

I don't even know what to put for the box above.  I guess I could put Nov 25th.  But without a schedule, or any scheduled public display of basketball yet....sigh...

Of all people, I didn't expect you to answer.   ;D

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #9224 on: October 21, 2020, 01:00:20 PM »

Hey, kids, take this discussion over to the New jersey's thread.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

feedback