[Today at 07:02:50 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Judge Smails
[Today at 07:02:27 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by JakeBarnes
[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1894260 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #8575 on: May 20, 2020, 02:40:34 PM »
Bought a new car a couple months ago.  Earlier this week I notice a tire is flat.  (I don't drive much these days.)  So I set an appointment up with the dealer to get it fixed or replaced then go out to put the spare on so I can drive it to the dealer.

But there is no spare.  There is a "Tire Inflation Kit" instead.  It allows you to fill up the tire with some special sealant so you can drive to get the tire fixed.

I'm blaming it on the millenials.

What you got was cheaper, and lighter.  Saves on gas mileage over the long term not carrying around a donut.   Plus it has the added benefit of forcing people to actually change the tire instead of driving on the donut for 3 months.

Also, as one of the oldest millennials, I have probably changed more tires in my life than you.   ;D

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #8576 on: May 20, 2020, 02:48:45 PM »
What you got was cheaper, and lighter.  Saves on gas mileage over the long term not carrying around a donut.   Plus it has the added benefit of forcing people to actually change the tire instead of driving on the donut for 3 months.

Also, as one of the oldest millennials, I have probably changed more tires in my life than you.   ;D

I used to manually rotate my tires every six months.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8577 on: May 20, 2020, 03:11:21 PM »

There are more than 35 vehicles in our fleet some with more than 4 tires.  Worst time to change a flat is below zero in January.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8578 on: May 20, 2020, 04:11:45 PM »

I am always amazed when I see someone driving down the freeway at 75 mph on one of those little donuts that are rated for 50 mph. And yeah – those same people probably do it for months at a time.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8579 on: May 20, 2020, 04:15:35 PM »

I am always amazed when I see someone driving down the freeway at 75 mph on one of those little donuts that are rated for 50 mph. And yeah – those same people probably do it for months at a time.

You're amazed, I'm frequently terrified!

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #8580 on: May 20, 2020, 11:29:08 PM »
Goddamit, this may be the pinot noir typing, but I defy you to name a better song that mentions Milwaukee than Holocene by Bon Iver.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #8581 on: May 21, 2020, 08:39:47 AM »
Goddamit, this may be the pinot noir typing, but I defy you to name a better song that mentions Milwaukee than Holocene by Bon Iver.

False. 

https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/37060801/Coo+Coo+Cal/Dedication

So you want to spread a lot of talk about my city Milwaukee huh
All that talk about Laverne and Shirley
Happy Days, all that bullcrap
What the f*ck ya think, ain't no n* here

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Kanil2TLNhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Kanil2TLNhc</a>

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #8582 on: May 21, 2020, 08:45:07 AM »
I mean, this has it in the title. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxwZ4RuTCjs
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8583 on: May 21, 2020, 02:14:38 PM »
I was on a bike ride this morning, heading west on a quiet rural highway in SE Minnesota. Like many asphalt highways, there were areas where it had been patched, or where crews had sealed cracks using asphalt sealer.

In one spot, I was looking down at the ribbons of sealer lining the cracks when suddenly I saw it: "Bruce." Written in script, using asphalt sealer. Just "Bruce."

What can it possibly mean?!?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #8584 on: May 21, 2020, 02:36:17 PM »
I was on a bike ride this morning, heading west on a quiet rural highway in SE Minnesota. Like many asphalt highways, there were areas where it had been patched, or where crews had sealed cracks using asphalt sealer.

In one spot, I was looking down at the ribbons of sealer lining the cracks when suddenly I saw it: "Bruce." Written in script, using asphalt sealer. Just "Bruce."

This may be it...

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #8585 on: May 21, 2020, 04:03:38 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8586 on: May 21, 2020, 05:30:20 PM »

Grave marker.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8587 on: May 21, 2020, 06:57:39 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8588 on: May 21, 2020, 07:43:39 PM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8589 on: May 21, 2020, 07:55:42 PM »
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8590 on: May 21, 2020, 09:57:49 PM »
James "Bruce" Hoffa

And all this time, I he was under the end zone in the Meadowlands....

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8591 on: May 22, 2020, 11:29:22 AM »

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #8592 on: May 22, 2020, 12:39:35 PM »

I let all my tires rotate freely on their own as I drive.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #8593 on: May 25, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
I live in IL and on our minivan, the vehicle sticker expired at the end of March, and the minivan needed an emissions test by the end of March.

Covid closed all the emissions facilities, and you can’t renew the vehicle sticker until the emissions test is completed.

It’s $150 in IL to renew the vehicle sticker. It’s going to be June in a few days.

Do I roll the dice and just wait until next year to get the new vehicle sticker and try to save $150? Obvious risk is getting a ticket for an old sticker. The longer emissions facilities are closed, I figure the more it works in my favor.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8594 on: May 25, 2020, 01:06:25 PM »
Do I roll the dice and just wait until next year to get the new vehicle sticker and try to save $150? Obvious risk is getting a ticket for an old sticker. The longer emissions facilities are closed, I figure the more it works in my favor.

I did this by accident once.  I was renewing my wife's minivan and the cost was tripled.  At first, I'm livid about THEIR MISTAKE, how dare they screw up this bill.  Then I march out to the car and find .. we've been driving around for two years with expired plates.  Oooops.    There was no fine, I just had to pay for the previous years I skipped.

.. Also .. WI granted extensions on vehicle inspections.  I was surprised they sent me a sticker with a note: you have 90 extra days to get your car tested.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #8595 on: May 25, 2020, 04:48:07 PM »
Much as I like it .. fake.
Needed teal, hey?
Goal is National Championship

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8596 on: May 25, 2020, 05:50:33 PM »
Today I was wondering if the French really did invent "French Kissing."

It'd be a riot if it turns out that, like, Ugandans invented it, and that's what we should be calling it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8597 on: May 25, 2020, 08:05:54 PM »
Today I was wondering if the French really did invent "French Kissing."

It'd be a riot if it turns out that, like, Ugandans invented it, and that's what we should be calling it.

It appears that they didn’t, with the origin likely in India or the Roman Empire.

As with “french fries,” the name seems to have come from American and British servicemen.

https://people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/cultural-traditions/did-french-kissing-start-in-france.htm

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8598 on: May 26, 2020, 11:29:02 AM »

It appears that they didn’t, with the origin likely in India or the Roman Empire.

As with “french fries,” the name seems to have come from American and British servicemen.

https://people.howstuffworks.com/culture-traditions/cultural-traditions/did-french-kissing-start-in-france.htm

Safe bet that "sucking face" is 100% American.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #8599 on: May 30, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »
I had a bowl of Twinkies cereal this morning.

6/10.  No creme filling.

feedback