[March 18, 2024, 11:51:09 PM]

A Basketball Renaissance 50 Years In The Making by DavidBoone2inchesTaller
[March 18, 2024, 10:25:35 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by JWags85
[March 18, 2024, 10:01:37 PM]

NIL legal update by GoldenEagles03
[March 18, 2024, 09:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1875601 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #7325 on: September 06, 2019, 10:18:45 PM »
No chit, 40 minutes? Yo a bedder man dan mee, hey?

I start gettin complaints after ~8 minutes, so 40 would have me in hot water
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7326 on: September 11, 2019, 08:26:35 AM »
I am amazed at how fiercely people are arguing in the threads about the proposed CA likeness law and the scheduling of National Marquette Day. Is it just off-season angst, or do people really feel that strongly about these issues?

For me, they're both just...meh. Regardless of what happens (or doesn't) with both issues, the games will still be played, the uniforms will still say Marquette, and the fans will keep showing up; more if we win, less if we don't.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7327 on: September 11, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »
Oh, and sorry for taking this thread off-topic.

NM

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #7328 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:03 AM »
I am amazed at how fiercely people are arguing in the threads about the proposed CA likeness law and the scheduling of National Marquette Day. Is it just off-season angst, or do people really feel that strongly about these issues?
I can only speak for people I know/my age/my class, yes we care about the NMD scheduling passionately. It's our basketball equivalent of a homecoming. It's (was) my and my friends favorite day of the year.

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #7329 on: September 11, 2019, 11:07:19 AM »

For me, they're both just...meh. Regardless of what happens (or doesn't) with both issues, the games will still be played, the uniforms will still say Marquette, and the fans will keep showing up; more if we win, less if we don't.

For me, it is off season angst.  I'm anxious to talk anything MUBB.   

Anyone know if they can up the reliability of the flame throwers during the player intros this year??   Seems like over half the games in previous seasons one of the flame thingy ma-bobs weren't working!   It's a travesty really.  I come for the atmosphere as much as the win.  Flames are a MUST!

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7330 on: September 11, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
RIP T. Boone Pickens, dead at 91.

Among other things, he has been quite the benefactor for the Oklahoma State athletic department.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #7331 on: September 11, 2019, 01:57:28 PM »

Among other things, he has been quite the benefactor for the Oklahoma State athletic department.

A pioneer in the promotion of methane fuels.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7332 on: September 11, 2019, 02:12:18 PM »

Wonder if we can schedule a home game against OK State on Feb 15th.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7333 on: September 11, 2019, 02:22:05 PM »
Wonder if we can schedule a home game against OK State on Feb 15th.

That's upsetting my Valentine's Weekend plans! 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7334 on: September 11, 2019, 03:06:48 PM »

It's offseason. People are passionate about topics. To me mostly, that's a positive. For others, who needs the added angst. As posters, we can pick and choose. With social or the news media, we often don't have a choice as it invades everything without a filter.

Take the NCAA argument. I enjoy Cheeks and Billy's perspective. They are professionals in the field. They are right, of course, on many of their points. That said, the NCAA is a front organization, to others of us, who enable the grey market under the guise of policing it. We are right too. The real answer is the situation will change with ideas being debated.

Same with the future of Marquette, NMD, and Arby's.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:53:03 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #7335 on: September 11, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »
That's upsetting my Valentine's Weekend plans!

Well played.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7336 on: September 11, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »

Anyone know if they can up the reliability of the flame throwers during the player intros this year??   Seems like over half the games in previous seasons one of the flame thingy ma-bobs weren't working!   It's a travesty really.  I come for the atmosphere as much as the win.  Flames are a MUST!

We don't need flamethrowers.

So many Scoopers' hair is on fire over a couple of topics that it'd be enough to light up Fiserv many times over.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #7337 on: September 11, 2019, 03:38:07 PM »
We don't need flamethrowers.

So many Scoopers' hair is on fire over a couple of topics that it'd be enough to light up Fiserv many times over.

Excuse me... but we're talking fire here.  How can you ever have too much fire in a building??  I don't think that's possible.  Literally impossible. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7338 on: September 11, 2019, 03:50:35 PM »
It's offseason. People are passionate about topics. To me mostly, that's a positive. For others, who needs to added angst. As posters, we can pick and choose. With social or the news media, we often don't have a choice as it invades everything without a filter.

Take the NCAA argument. I enjoy Cheeks and Billy's perspective. They are professionals in the field. They are right, of course, on many of their points. That said, the NCAA is a front organization, to others of us, who enable the grey market under the guise of policing it. We are right too. The real answer is the situation will change with ideas being debated.

Same with the future of Marquette, NMD, and Arby's.

Well put Doc - agree with it all...especially the part about it being good that so many fans care enough to argue about hoops even in the offseason. A passionate fan base is a great “problem” to have.  :)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7339 on: September 11, 2019, 11:30:04 PM »
Shocker: LeBron's application for a copyright on the phrase "Taco Tuesday" was denied.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/style/lebron-taco-tuesday-trademark.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

He must be bored with all that cash, if he's wasting it on stupid $hit like this....

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7340 on: September 12, 2019, 06:09:10 AM »
Shocker: LeBron's application for a copyright on the phrase "Taco Tuesday" was denied.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/11/style/lebron-taco-tuesday-trademark.html?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

He must be bored with all that cash, if he's wasting it on stupid $hit like this....

O$U was also denied copyrighting "The".

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7341 on: September 12, 2019, 03:08:31 PM »
Happy National Ink and Toner Day everyone!

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7342 on: September 13, 2019, 01:07:20 AM »
Happy National Ink and Toner Day everyone!

Nothing like a good smudge.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7343 on: September 13, 2019, 07:48:21 PM »
After basically ignoring online security beyond safe browsing,  I have decided to look into VPNs and password managers.

Dashlane gets great reviews for its PM, but seems so-so for its built in VPN. And customer service gets really low ratings, which is important to me as a technophobe.

I’m currently thinking about ExpressVPN and Keeper PM. Both get solid reviews for speed and security and have top rated customer service scores. Thoughts?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7344 on: September 14, 2019, 09:33:33 AM »
I've had a VPN for a few years at $40 a year .. it expired last week, so I went looking around.   I ended up with "Fastest VPN" which was $12 for LIFE.  I figure for $12, who cares.

https://www.thevpnlab.com/reviews/fastestvpn-review/

$12 deal - https://stacksocial.com/sales/fastestvpn-lifetime-subscription

The speed in MKE is decent .. not amazing.  But it's $12 forever, so when I need to pirate some Arby's coupons, it's perfect.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #7345 on: September 14, 2019, 04:04:40 PM »
Got to meet Lloyd Walton last night. Pretty cool dude.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7346 on: September 17, 2019, 08:49:18 PM »
In reality, plants are actually farming humans by giving us oxygen daily until we eventually decompose and they consume our rotting corpses.

Arby’s. We. Have. The. Meats.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #7347 on: September 17, 2019, 08:58:52 PM »
In reality, plants are actually farming humans by giving us oxygen daily until we eventually decompose and they consume our rotting corpses.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7348 on: September 18, 2019, 07:54:04 AM »

And when they allow us to eat some of their own, it is simply a sacrifice to the larger cause. Lose an occasional battle, but win the war.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7349 on: September 18, 2019, 01:25:41 PM »

And when they allow us to eat some of their own, it is simply a sacrifice to the larger cause. Lose an occasional battle, but win the war.

Love this further development thought.

Vegetarians should be shamed for their plant consumption. Or should they?

feedback