[Today at 01:49:43 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by PointWarrior
[Today at 01:43:07 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Galway Eagle
[Today at 01:20:04 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1893827 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NM
« Reply #6675 on: June 19, 2019, 04:12:37 PM »
Gonna miss Matty. His minutes declined this season, but his enthusiasm and leadership were unquestioned.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #6676 on: June 19, 2019, 04:44:46 PM »

One of Wojo's best recruits.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6677 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »

You are correct.  I wasn't very thorough with my explanation.  It is very likely that an improperly installed windshield is letting moisture build up somewhere it shouldn't which is causing the airbag light.

Wrong again.  Most airbag codes are triggered by faulty sensors (by measuring resistance across the circuit), severed connections/open circuits (cut wire, disconnected harness, etc.) or malfunctioning control modules.  This could mean a lot of things: a bad seatbelt buckle, a compromised crash sensor, a blown fuse, etc.  But “moisture buildup,” let alone from a faulty windshield install, is not.

Best case scenario... the electrical from a powered rear view mirror or wiper defroster attached to the windshield shorted during removal/install and blew a fuse on a shared circuit.  Worst case, the windshield tech surged the power while d/c’ing and bricked the control module. 

Likely case, completely unrelated.

Check fuses first.  Then check any yellow wires, harnesses, etc. in the vicinity of the windshield inside the engine bay.  Then go to AutoZone and have them pull the code. 

If all that fails, then you proceed with installing a windshield dehumidifier. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6678 on: June 19, 2019, 07:22:06 PM »
Wrong again.  Most airbag codes are triggered by faulty sensors (by measuring resistance across the circuit), severed connections/open circuits (cut wire, disconnected harness, etc.) or malfunctioning control modules.  This could mean a lot of things: a bad seatbelt buckle, a compromised crash sensor, a blown fuse, etc.  But “moisture buildup,” let alone from a faulty windshield install, is not.

Best case scenario... the electrical from a powered rear view mirror or wiper defroster attached to the windshield shorted during removal/install and blew a fuse on a shared circuit.  Worst case, the windshield tech surged the power while d/c’ing and bricked the control module. 

Likely case, completely unrelated.

Check fuses first.  Then check any yellow wires, harnesses, etc. in the vicinity of the windshield inside the engine bay.  Then go to AutoZone and have them pull the code. 

If all that fails, then you proceed with installing a windshield dehumidifier.

Personally, I would start by kicking the tires.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6679 on: June 19, 2019, 09:04:06 PM »

Personally, I would start by kicking the tires.

That only works five times in nine. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6680 on: June 20, 2019, 08:44:57 AM »
So the weather report this morning had a 0% chance of rain. I started to get ready for my bike ride and looked outside, and it was pouring. Not drizzle, but an all-out steady rain. We've had lazy summer days where there isn't a cloud in the sky, but they hedge their bets with 15-20% rain chances and we still don't see a drop. Then on a cloudy morning, they decide to say 0%, and the clouds open up.

A couple weeks ago, we had a tornado about a block from my house. There were no tornado watches or warnings, and I was standing in my garage watching interesting cloud formations when I saw a cloud begin to rotate and a funnel start to come down. Within seconds large trees were uprooted by an F1 tornado that was on the ground for 1.5 miles. And there were no sirens...until a few minutes after the tornado had ended.

Can someone remind me why we have a National Weather Service? Are their sophisticated computers really any better than looking out the window?

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6681 on: June 20, 2019, 08:56:04 AM »
Somebody needs some Arby's.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6682 on: June 20, 2019, 09:20:29 AM »
What weather report had 0% chance of rain this morning?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6683 on: June 20, 2019, 09:34:50 AM »
What weather report had 0% chance of rain this morning?

Weather.com

It conveniently changed to 55% AFTER the rain started to fall.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #6684 on: June 20, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
Weather.com

It conveniently changed to 55% AFTER the rain started to fall.

wunderground.com

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6685 on: June 20, 2019, 12:56:35 PM »
wunderground.com

I've tried them and the NWS local site, and have had similar issues with them all.

I don't expect perfection, but it's kind of frustrating when you see 0% on your computer screen and look out the window and see rain....

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6686 on: June 20, 2019, 01:07:54 PM »
So the weather report this morning had a 0% chance of rain. I started to get ready for my bike ride and looked outside, and it was pouring. Not drizzle, but an all-out steady rain. We've had lazy summer days where there isn't a cloud in the sky, but they hedge their bets with 15-20% rain chances and we still don't see a drop. Then on a cloudy morning, they decide to say 0%, and the clouds open up.

A couple weeks ago, we had a tornado about a block from my house. There were no tornado watches or warnings, and I was standing in my garage watching interesting cloud formations when I saw a cloud begin to rotate and a funnel start to come down. Within seconds large trees were uprooted by an F1 tornado that was on the ground for 1.5 miles. And there were no sirens...until a few minutes after the tornado had ended.

Can someone remind me why we have a National Weather Service? Are their sophisticated computers really any better than looking out the window?

That was not a tornado sucking trees out of the ground. It was an ND alum.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6687 on: June 20, 2019, 01:44:59 PM »
Query:

Person A is driving in a parking lot and comes to stop at a striped/crosshatched area to allow pedestrians to pass.  Person B rear-ends Person A and panics, and hits the gas instead of the brake, rear-ending Person A a second time.  By default, Person B is found responsible for the collision by the responding police officer.  All parties observe that the center of Person A's bumper has been damaged as a result of the collision(s); however, the corner of the same bumper also appears to have pre-existing damage.  There is no apparent damage to Person B's vehicle.

Person A's bumper consists of two components: the outer shell (or "fascia") and an inner shock absorber made of hard foam that is molded to the shape of the fascia. 

The fascia is visibly dented/deformed from both the collision and the pre-existing damage.  Upon further examination, it is discovered that the collision also damaged the shock absorber; however, since the shock absorber does not wrap around the side of the bumper, it was not compromised by the pre-existing damage (i.e. the shock absorber was not damaged prior to the collision).

The fascia is a single piece of plastic, thus, it can only be repaired by replacing the entire fascia.  Likewise, the shock absorber is a single piece and can only be repaired by replacing the entire thing.  The fascia and shock absorber are two separate parts, i.e. they can be replaced independent of one another.

The cost to replace the entire bumper (fascia and shock absorber) is $1,000; the cost to replace just the shock absorber is $400.

-------

Person A demands that Person B replace the entire bumper (fascia and shock absorber).  Person B responds that since the fascia was already damaged, he is only responsible for the shock absorber underneath.  Yet Person A contends that since the fascia has been dented/deformed by the collision, the shock absorber cannot be replaced unless the fascia is also replaced.

-------

Set aside insurance for a moment... what is Person B's liability to Person A (for the damage)? 

I. $1,000
II.  $400
III.    $0
IV. Other (explain)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:46:32 PM by Benny B »

jesmu84

• All American

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #6689 on: June 20, 2019, 02:34:10 PM »
Query:

Person A is driving in a parking lot and comes to stop at a striped/crosshatched area to allow pedestrians to pass.  Person B rear-ends Person A and panics, and hits the gas instead of the brake, rear-ending Person A a second time.  By default, Person B is found responsible for the collision by the responding police officer.  All parties observe that the center of Person A's bumper has been damaged as a result of the collision(s); however, the corner of the same bumper also appears to have pre-existing damage.  There is no apparent damage to Person B's vehicle.

Person A's bumper consists of two components: the outer shell (or "fascia") and an inner shock absorber made of hard foam that is molded to the shape of the fascia. 

The fascia is visibly dented/deformed from both the collision and the pre-existing damage.  Upon further examination, it is discovered that the collision also damaged the shock absorber; however, since the shock absorber does not wrap around the side of the bumper, it was not compromised by the pre-existing damage (i.e. the shock absorber was not damaged prior to the collision).

The fascia is a single piece of plastic, thus, it can only be repaired by replacing the entire fascia.  Likewise, the shock absorber is a single piece and can only be repaired by replacing the entire thing.  The fascia and shock absorber are two separate parts, i.e. they can be replaced independent of one another.

The cost to replace the entire bumper (fascia and shock absorber) is $1,000; the cost to replace just the shock absorber is $400.

-------

Person A demands that Person B replace the entire bumper (fascia and shock absorber).  Person B responds that since the fascia was already damaged, he is only responsible for the shock absorber underneath.  Yet Person A contends that since the fascia has been dented/deformed by the collision, the shock absorber cannot be replaced unless the fascia is also replaced.

-------

Set aside insurance for a moment... what is Person B's liability to Person A (for the damage)? 

I. $1,000
II.  $400
III.    $0
IV. Other (explain)

Let me guess:

Does the B in "Person B" stand for Benny?
Have some patience, FFS.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6690 on: June 20, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
I would say $1000.

The fact that A chose not to repair the fascia from the previous accident is irrelevant. B still caused $1000 worth of damage to the fascia and the shock, and A has a right to demand that B pay.

WWJJD?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6691 on: June 21, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »
Looks like a new grill to add to the Christmas wish list.

https://laughingsquid.com/757-jet-engine-barbecue-grill/?fbclid=IwAR0ECIBFHKSIChCF_NbSZ9jsJBrw_wmJrRTqwhwdg-fBILxTIMU9j0IqDJ8

Chili - your smoker look anything like this?

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6692 on: June 21, 2019, 03:03:58 PM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6693 on: June 21, 2019, 04:58:03 PM »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6694 on: June 21, 2019, 05:06:47 PM »
Somebody is compensating.

#micropenis

Ha!

Gotta love the overkill instinct of engineers, though. A fire extinguisher on a grill? Are they using Jet A in this sucker?

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6695 on: June 22, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
Let me guess:

Does the B in "Person B" stand for Benny?

Shiite, my skillz behind the wheel are way too mad to be rear ending people. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6696 on: June 22, 2019, 07:50:01 PM »
So Marie Curie or Mariah Carey on your birthday cake? Seems to me she got an upgrade.

https://mobile.twitter.com/harrietalida/status/1139628389009170433

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6697 on: June 22, 2019, 08:01:45 PM »
DG, congrats on the sale.

When do you close?  Crown at Soft Pines, brother.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6698 on: June 24, 2019, 05:50:39 PM »
We have a Keurig K155 at our office... it has a little touchscreen that goes through a sequence of images/animations while it's brewing.  I want to hack the unit, i.e. re-flash it with my own (SFW) images/animations; however, I don't see a data/com port on the thing.  The user manual shows a procedure to customize one of the screens on rotation with text and a phone number (mostly used to identify who services the machine), but that's not what I'm going for here. 

I want to flash a few GIF/jpgs of a leprechaun in various compromising positions with a certain rodent.

Any real engineers out there have any thoughts?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American