Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 11:07:17 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Frenns Liquor Depot
[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1937926 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: NM
« Reply #6650 on: June 10, 2019, 05:57:51 PM »
Meanwhile, on the Ocho..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T4K71lKpDuQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T4K71lKpDuQ</a>

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6651 on: June 10, 2019, 07:01:35 PM »
That would get sizable ratings...

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6652 on: June 10, 2019, 07:51:35 PM »
Meanwhile, on the Ocho..

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T4K71lKpDuQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T4K71lKpDuQ</a>

They had a great article about that in the last OSQ.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #6653 on: June 11, 2019, 09:12:37 AM »
Anyone own a Yeti Hopper?  Worth it?

I have an RTIC SoftPack 30 which is less than 1/2 the price of the Yeti and I f'ing love it. RTIC has been clearing out some stock as of late and you can get a SoftPack 30 for $99.99.

https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers/softpak/RTIC-SoftPak-30-Steel-Blue
But I like to throw handfuls...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6654 on: June 11, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »
I have an RTIC SoftPack 30 which is less than 1/2 the price of the Yeti and I f'ing love it. RTIC has been clearing out some stock as of late and you can get a SoftPack 30 for $99.99.

Interesting you should post that today.  My son and I are planning a cross-country road trip in a few weeks, and yesterday I was looking at soft coolers.  The price on the Yeti coolers is absolutely absurd.  I really can't justify spending that kind of money on a cooler. 

Question: if I get one of these, how well do they fold up to throw into a small suitcase (i.e., carry-on size) for the trip back home?  I'm driving there, but flying back.

Another question:  how well does it "really" keep ice?  I see it says five days.  Many reviews I was reading yesterday (including Yeti) say that those claims are total BS.  What's your experience been?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 09:25:14 AM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #6655 on: June 11, 2019, 12:48:18 PM »
Interesting you should post that today.  My son and I are planning a cross-country road trip in a few weeks, and yesterday I was looking at soft coolers.  The price on the Yeti coolers is absolutely absurd.  I really can't justify spending that kind of money on a cooler. 

Question: if I get one of these, how well do they fold up to throw into a small suitcase (i.e., carry-on size) for the trip back home?  I'm driving there, but flying back.

Another question:  how well does it "really" keep ice?  I see it says five days.  Many reviews I was reading yesterday (including Yeti) say that those claims are total BS.  What's your experience been?

The one I have will not fold up at all. These are much sturdier and solid than some lunch bag soft side cooler. It would most likely become your carry on or you could check it.

As for ice, mine keeps my freezer packs still solid for a weekend. They're getting a little soft but still really cold. Don't use actual ice and it will prevent you from having a mess.

A buddy of mine keeps his RTIC hardside outside all summer and it acts as his beer fridge. He puts a fresh bag of ice in it once a week and everything is kept really cold.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6656 on: June 11, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »
The one I have will not fold up at all. These are much sturdier and solid than some lunch bag soft side cooler. It would most likely become your carry on or you could check it.

As for ice, mine keeps my freezer packs still solid for a weekend. They're getting a little soft but still really cold. Don't use actual ice and it will prevent you from having a mess.

A buddy of mine keeps his RTIC hardside outside all summer and it acts as his beer fridge. He puts a fresh bag of ice in it once a week and everything is kept really cold.

Thanks.

Your original post seemed like a bot to me because yesterday I was googling all the cooler brands, and now I'm being flooded with ads for coolers.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Slim

• All American
« Reply #6657 on: June 11, 2019, 02:47:46 PM »

Where does your buddy live?

Chili

• All American
« Reply #6658 on: June 11, 2019, 03:34:40 PM »
Where does your buddy live?

Roscoe Village (Chicago).

He keeps it out all winter too and it hasn't frozen solid either.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6659 on: June 11, 2019, 04:08:27 PM »

Thanks Chili,

Regards,

Chili

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #6660 on: June 11, 2019, 04:15:27 PM »
I believe YETIs are great.

But I also don't believe you need to spend the money on them.

I have various products that are basically copycats... Orca, RTIC, Pelican, some of the higher end Coleman, Ozark Trail.

I can attest to this one from Costco as well: https://www.costco.com/Coho-24-Can-Cooler.product.100469090.html

Now... will any of those keep your ice from melting in blistering sun for 5 days on a boat in the tropics? No. But for weekends, day trips, kayaking, indycar races, float trips, day on the lake, etc... they are perfect.

There's also a fantastic and functional backpack cooler at Costco right now, but they don't carry on their website, so I can't share.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6661 on: June 13, 2019, 09:36:03 AM »
Congratulations to the Blues. So the list of current top-league pro sports franchises that have been existence for at least 50 years but never won a league championship just shrunk by one.

I'm too lazy to do extensive research on the exact years of existence and the total teams (and I don't follow the NHL), but my 'quick and dirty' list includes:

-Seattle/Milwaukee Brewers
-SD Padres
-Texas Rangers
-Minnesota Vikings
-Buffalo Bills
-Cincinnati Bengals
-SD/LA Chargers
-Phoenix Suns

The Raptors of course wouldn't be on this list because they are relatively new (founded 1995), and I have likewise excluded other recent 'expansion' teams.

Others in the 'established on or before about 1970' group?

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6662 on: June 13, 2019, 11:29:56 AM »
Congratulations to the Blues. So the list of current top-league pro sports franchises that have been existence for at least 50 years but never won a league championship just shrunk by one.

I'm too lazy to do extensive research on the exact years of existence and the total teams (and I don't follow the NHL), but my 'quick and dirty' list includes:

-Seattle/Milwaukee Brewers
-SD Padres
-Texas Rangers
-Minnesota Vikings
-Buffalo Bills
-Cincinnati Bengals
-SD/LA Chargers
-Phoenix Suns

The Raptors of course wouldn't be on this list because they are relatively new (founded 1995), and I have likewise excluded other recent 'expansion' teams.

Others in the 'established on or before about 1970' group?
Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6663 on: June 13, 2019, 07:24:51 PM »

Chili

• All American
« Reply #6664 on: June 13, 2019, 08:12:14 PM »
Montreal Expos/Washington Nationals

Motor City Kitties

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6665 on: June 13, 2019, 08:24:52 PM »
Goal is National Championship

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6666 on: June 13, 2019, 09:06:32 PM »
Motor City Kitties

NFL Championships in ‘35, ‘52, ‘53 and ‘57.

Been a while, but they have won.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #6667 on: June 18, 2019, 08:29:45 AM »
Just got a windshield replaced, and now the airbag light comes on and stays on.  Didn't happen before.  Of course, the glass company says it is unrelated.  Hmmmm.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6668 on: June 18, 2019, 08:35:59 AM »
Just got a windshield replaced, and now the airbag light comes on and stays on.  Didn't happen before.  Of course, the glass company says it is unrelated.  Hmmmm.

It most definitely is related. An airbag relies on a properly installed windshield to work. Otherwise it will push the windshield out of the car and not give you the protection you would need.  Call your insurance company.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6669 on: June 18, 2019, 12:48:54 PM »

I hate when a company clearly causes a problem, then claims ignorance about it.

I had a couple of tires replaced a few years ago, and magically the "check tire pressure" light came on and stayed on. The pressure was fine, I did the "reset" thing described in the owners' manual, and the light stayed on...and the tire place still claimed it had nothing to do with it. Hmmmm.....

On the plus side, they didn't ruin the flux capacitor.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:50:45 PM by GooooMarquette »

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6670 on: June 18, 2019, 04:24:36 PM »

It most definitely is related. An airbag relies on a properly installed windshield to work. Otherwise it will push the windshield out of the car and not give you the protection you would need.  Call your insurance company.

::)  An improperly installed windshield will not trigger an airbag light.  Cars today may be smart, but they're not sentient.  Yet.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6671 on: June 18, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »
::)  An improperly installed windshield will not trigger an airbag light.  Cars today may be smart, but they're not sentient.  Yet.

You are correct.  I wasn't very thorough with my explanation.  It is very likely that an improperly installed windshield is letting moisture build up somewhere it shouldn't which is causing the airbag light.   
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6672 on: June 18, 2019, 05:08:34 PM »

My car asked me to tell you that she is quite upset by your comment.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #6673 on: June 19, 2019, 08:05:36 AM »
Goal is National Championship

real chili 83

• All American

feedback