'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1895157 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: NM
« Reply #4525 on: September 24, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »
Benny,

While I find your questions to be reasonable and discussion-worthy in an academic sense, I don't think they apply to how "nh" is being used here.  If anyone thinks the way Jay Bee uses the "nh" notation is anything other than intentionally derogatory, well, I don't know what to tell you.  This isn't really a case of not being sure what someone's intentions are.

EDIT TO ADD: That said, I am in agreement with the mods not to censor stuff like this.  Much better IMO to let people show their red asses to the world, make racist comments like blaming hip-hop, etc.
Well, I should have known better and probably should have used teal (don't know if that would have been better anyway). I tried to use the New Hampshire to make fun and be sarcastic towards JB. That said I'd like to apologize and won't use it again.
Goal is National Championship

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #4526 on: September 24, 2018, 02:57:22 PM »
Well, I should have known better and probably should have used teal (don't know if that would have been better anyway). I tried to use the New Hampshire to make fun and be sarcastic towards JB. That said I'd like to apologize and won't use it again.
I most definitely wasn't referring to you Newsie. No teal was necessary to understand the way you were using it.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #4527 on: September 24, 2018, 03:03:22 PM »
Personally, I think it's stupid and childish. I tried once to ask him to not do it anymore, but whatever, some people aren't going to change. Censorship is even more evil in general. 

On another note... Anyone see DJO's pettiness towards MUBB before he took it down? Censored himself.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4528 on: September 24, 2018, 03:04:47 PM »
Personally, I think it's stupid and childish. I tried once to ask him to not do it anymore, but whatever, some people aren't going to change. Censorship is even more evil in general. 

On another note... Anyone see DJO's pettiness towards MUBB before he took it down? Censored himself.

No what happened?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4529 on: September 24, 2018, 03:06:23 PM »
Back to off  topic....Arby's robbed by a safety worker

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.macon.com/news/local/article218907070.html

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4530 on: September 24, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »

Got a screenshot or at least a description? I had no idea DJO was bitter toward MU.

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #4531 on: September 24, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »
He deleted it within a minute so I wont repost, but after MUBB said goodluck via twitter with his training camp invite to the Wolves, he was not impressed.  Not a lot/any of MUBB DJO love the past 5 years.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4532 on: September 24, 2018, 04:49:26 PM »
Gotta blame Ma. She started da 'hole name thread, hey?
I loved the name thread and wish the organization could see fit to re-institute it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:36:57 PM by Herman Cain »
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4533 on: September 24, 2018, 06:27:55 PM »
He deleted it within a minute so I wont repost, but after MUBB said goodluck via twitter with his training camp invite to the Wolves, he was not impressed.  Not a lot/any of MUBB DJO love the past 5 years.
Still prominently identfies as a Marquette alum on his twitter, played in TBT Tournament 2 years ago and was going to play this year. Wonder what could have happened?

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #4534 on: September 24, 2018, 09:40:28 PM »
Seemed like it was one of those things you say when you're having a bad day.  The camp contract might just be a way to lock him into their GLeague. Probably no possible way he makes the roster. Bucks have already signed and waived 3-4 guys in the past week like this.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4535 on: September 24, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »
Seemed like it was one of those things you say when you're having a bad day.  The camp contract might just be a way to lock him into their GLeague. Probably no possible way he makes the roster. Bucks have already signed and waived 3-4 guys in the past week like this.
The good news is DJO gets a signing bonus and gets into the G League. If he does well in the G League he can be called back up by the Wolves or some other team.

Always better to be on the inside of the tent p&*$%ing out .
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #4536 on: September 25, 2018, 09:20:16 AM »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE

dw3dw3dw3

• All American
« Reply #4538 on: September 25, 2018, 12:23:01 PM »
I guess this explains the DJO bad day tweet.

Sportando
‏
Verified account

@Sportando
 Sep 24
More
Darius Johnson-Odom suspended 8 months by Italian Antidoping court (he tested positive to THC last May). Suspension from September 18, 2018 to March 16, 2019. Valid in FIBA leagues

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4539 on: September 25, 2018, 12:29:01 PM »

Sportando
‏
Verified account

@Sportando
 Sep 24
More
Darius Johnson-Odom suspended 8 months by Italian Antidoping court (he tested positive to THC last May). Suspension from September 18, 2018 to March 16, 2019. Valid in FIBA leagues
Yeah I saw that as a rumor like 3 days ago, since it wasn't confirmed didn't post but he must have known a while ago it is a May positive

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #4540 on: September 25, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
could someone please say the tweet? pms all around?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #4541 on: September 25, 2018, 01:22:30 PM »

Sportando
‏
Verified account

@Sportando
 Sep 24
More

So that means only the NBA or G-League for this year.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4542 on: September 25, 2018, 02:14:33 PM »

So that means only the NBA or G-League for this year.
Yep and most likely lot less 💰

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4543 on: September 25, 2018, 04:20:22 PM »
Arby's buys Sonic and BW3s?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4544 on: September 25, 2018, 05:28:10 PM »
Yep and most likely lot less 💰

I thought the NBA was significantly upping the contracts when the D-league became the G-league so they could keep some of the better prospects around. Still, I see that base salaries for the upcoming season are about $35k/year...far short of what a solid player can get in a top Euro league.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #4545 on: September 25, 2018, 08:27:54 PM »
I thought the NBA was significantly upping the contracts when the D-league became the G-league so they could keep some of the better prospects around. Still, I see that base salaries for the upcoming season are about $35k/year...far short of what a solid player can get in a top Euro league.

Unless you are banned for smoking grass.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4546 on: September 25, 2018, 11:33:21 PM »
Unless you are banned for smoking grass.

It’s the NBA.  If weed grew in couches, it would the the West Virginia of professional sports leagues. 
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #4547 on: September 26, 2018, 08:59:50 AM »
Hell of a music run for team naginiF - Beck last week, Ben Folds w/KC Symphony last night, Black Violin next week, The National the following week.

Beck and Ben Folds delivered great shows.  I've never seen BV, I think they'll be really cool.  Anyone have any experience?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4548 on: September 26, 2018, 09:27:44 AM »
Hell of a music run for team naginiF - Beck last week, Ben Folds w/KC Symphony last night, Black Violin next week, The National the following week.

Beck and Ben Folds delivered great shows.  I've never seen BV, I think they'll be really cool.  Anyone have any experience?

My household also had quite the music run over the last few weeks, though our music tastes are just a tad different. First, Taking back Sunday with Coheed and Cambria. Then, Evanesence travelling with a whole orchestra. Lindsey Stirling then Rise Against w/ Anti Flag (and AFI but I didn't really care) and then Thrice last night.

Taking back Sunday, Thrice, and Lindsey Stirling were all fantastic. Coheed was aight, Evanesence with the orchestra was cool but Amy Lee can't hit the real high notes any more. Rise Against was in rare form, lots of pent up anger against the current administration. Probably top 5 show I've ever been to. Possibly top show where I didn't sustain a mosh pit related injury.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4549 on: September 26, 2018, 10:03:34 AM »
Took my middle daughter on a whirlwind college visit road trip this weekend.  In 36 hours door-to-door we hit Miami (Ohio), Indiana, Butler and Purdue.

It was an awesome trip and I had a lot of fun with a really great kid.  We only had a formal visit at Miami.  The rest, we just did self-guided tours and explored on our own to get a feel for the campuses.  Butler was really just a super quick stop because we happened to stay in Indy for the night, and I figured we should take a quick look since we were in town.

The conclusion:  both my daughter and I would like to attend Purdue.  I wonder if they'd take me.  I expect her to change her mind (and add numerous other schools) before it's all said and done.  But Purdue was really nice.  She also liked Miami and Indiana, but Purdue was the clear favorite.

Wow this is really intriguing can u plz elaborate on how you both settled on Purdue.  I have been to all 4 campuses on many occassions and would rate them.
Iu/miami
Butler
Purdue.

Not a big fan of butler at all but still above Purdue.
Most alums i have spoken to have been full of praise for all,
but Purdue.  General take away from purdue alums was they learned but never really had a coolege vibe, school spirit or developed a love for the alma mater.
Be very interested hear ur take.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.