[Today at 07:54:34 PM]

Where is Marquette? by MU Fan in Connecticut
[Today at 07:52:45 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by MarquetteVol
[Today at 07:30:33 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Goose
[Today at 07:05:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NM  (Read 1894413 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: NM
« Reply #4000 on: August 09, 2018, 11:26:09 AM »

Yep.  Two examples: Chick-fil-a and Sonic.

When we went south on vacation, we would need to make a stop at both at some time.

See the first time I had either of those was when they came up north.

To echo chick's point though, when we would drive down to Florida we would always stop at a Waffle House without fail. Love those hash browns.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4001 on: August 09, 2018, 11:49:47 AM »

It always ruins it for me when a restaurant I look forward to visiting when I travel decides to open up a branch nearby.

A few years ago it was Culvers.  Before they went nationwide, my kids (who were pretty young at the time) thought Culver's was one of the best things about going to Wisconsin.  Oh yeah, and that whole Grandma and Grandpa thing.

I was glad to hear that In and Out doesn't plan to expand much farther geographically than it already has.

In and out, another one that I never understand the hype. Its a very good fast food burger, but not craving worth to me
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4002 on: August 09, 2018, 12:17:46 PM »
People over 7 years of age shouldn’t be drinking milk. Ewww, gross!

(I do use almond & cashew milk to make smoothies tho nh)

::) Milk rocks.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4003 on: August 09, 2018, 12:19:12 PM »
In and out, another one that I never understand the hype. Its a very good fast food burger, but not craving worth to me

The exclusivity of In and Out is the key.  Kinda like Coors back 35 years ago.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #4004 on: August 09, 2018, 01:40:02 PM »
The exclusivity of In and Out is the key.  Kinda like Coors back 35 years ago.

Kinda like why I have to bring back of a 12-pack of Spotted Cow to my damn neighbor in suburban Chicago every time I go north of the border.
Buy your own damn beer, freeloader! I don't care if my plants die while I'm on vacation.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4005 on: August 09, 2018, 02:00:36 PM »
Spotted Cow is 5% beer, 95% hype.  It's the Bitcoin of beers.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #4006 on: August 09, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »
  cousins subs is trying to move into the chicago market-like many others, when they franchise, the lose something.  they're still pretty good, but it depends on which one you go to and who's working.  plus they've gotten expensive.  the last 2 times i've had them, i ordered,asked them how long-20 minutes. i get there,  no one else in the place and they hadn't even started making them?? both times

sobelmans is another one-the one out in waukesha isn't bad, but conejitos didn't franchise for a reason.  in fact people had to beg conejito to add on
don't...don't don't don't don't

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4007 on: August 09, 2018, 04:10:44 PM »
I got lunch at Taco Johns today.  I didn't know they even still existed.  I haven't been to a Taco Johns for probably 30-35 years.  The menu still has Taco Bravos and still has Potato Oles.  Just like old times.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #4008 on: August 09, 2018, 04:32:53 PM »
I got lunch at Taco Johns today.  I didn't know they even still existed.  I haven't been to a Taco Johns for probably 30-35 years.  The menu still has Taco Bravos and still has Potato Oles.  Just like old times.

Taco Johns actually advertises on TV in Northern Wisconsin.  Of course, ads on the Rhinelander station can't be all that expensive.
Have some patience, FFS.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #4009 on: August 09, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »
Taco Johns actually advertises on TV in Northern Wisconsin.  Of course, ads on the Rhinelander station can't be all that expensive.

Rates go up during Hodag Days, I'm sure.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #4010 on: August 09, 2018, 05:34:53 PM »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4011 on: August 09, 2018, 05:45:41 PM »

Affirmative. I think people buy it for the name.

JustinLewisFanClubPres

• Starter
« Reply #4012 on: August 09, 2018, 06:16:33 PM »
Affirmative. I think people buy it for the name.

Twenty years ago it really stood out amongst the other, mostly macro beers on the market in WI.  With the ubiquity of craft beer today, it has lost some of its luster. However, New Glarus remains, in my opinion, beyond reproach as a brewery and I would take the totality of their offerings over nearly any other brewery in America.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #4013 on: August 09, 2018, 06:20:07 PM »
Twenty years ago it really stood out amongst the other, mostly macro beers on the market in WI.  With the ubiquity of craft beer today, it has lost some of its luster. However, New Glarus remains, in my opinion, beyond reproach as a brewery and I would take the totality of their offerings over nearly any other brewery in America.
Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, but I don't even know where to start with this.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4014 on: August 09, 2018, 06:24:07 PM »
Got some Spotted Cow and Moon Man (nh) in the fridge.. both are fine, I like them, but nothing amazing.

Now, for thoughts on Raising Cane's...

"The Box" is a great name and that's what I got.

Chicken fingers - good; loved the crispiness aspect of it - very key to set them apart from others. Chick Fil A's chicken is great... but the crispiness of Cane's was fun for my mouthhole

Sauce - I liked it. Didn't blow me away, but it was good.

Coleslaw - blah. Coleslaw for me ranges from exceptional to horrid.. this was pretty bland, not very good... but it was horrid.

Bread - they call it Texas toast, I would not. Looked like someone fuk'd up on making hotdog buns and said, 'eff it, let's make it "toast".. that being said, the crunchy parts of it were good.. it was a lot better in my mouth than in my eyes (nh)

Fries - middle of the road at best. They were fine, but nothing noteworthy for me.

Pop - Coke Zero is available! Great!

Overall - I like it.. probably will hit it once a month or so for The Box. The food was delivered to my car HOT. Very good temperature on it... and there was plenty to eat at what I thought was a reasonable price (although I eat downtown a lot and sh1t is expensive, so 'a reasonable price' may means something diff to me than some others

Everyone is entitled to there own opinions, but I don't even know where to start with this.

their vs. there
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4015 on: August 09, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »

My first and only soft drink choice - Coke Zero is every bit as good as Diet Coke is bad (hate the tinny after taste). My kids give me grief because I drink too much of the stuff.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #4016 on: August 09, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

New Glarus makes some amazing beers - most notably the Belgian style cherry, raspberry and such. But Spotted Cow is mediocre at best IMHO.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #4017 on: August 09, 2018, 08:48:41 PM »
Got some Spotted Cow and Moon Man (nh) in the fridge.. both are fine, I like them, but nothing amazing.

Now, for thoughts on Raising Cane's...

"The Box" is a great name and that's what I got.

Chicken fingers - good; loved the crispiness aspect of it - very key to set them apart from others. Chick Fil A's chicken is great... but the crispiness of Cane's was fun for my mouthhole

Sauce - I liked it. Didn't blow me away, but it was good.

Coleslaw - blah. Coleslaw for me ranges from exceptional to horrid.. this was pretty bland, not very good... but it was horrid.

Bread - they call it Texas toast, I would not. Looked like someone fuk'd up on making hotdog buns and said, 'eff it, let's make it "toast".. that being said, the crunchy parts of it were good.. it was a lot better in my mouth than in my eyes (nh)

Fries - middle of the road at best. They were fine, but nothing noteworthy for me.

Overall - I like it.. probably will hit it once a month or so for The Box. The food was delivered to my car HOT. Very good temperature on it... and there was plenty to eat at what I thought was a reasonable price (although I eat downtown a lot and sh1t is expensive, so 'a reasonable price' may means something diff to me than some others

their vs. there

Cane's is quite good once in awhile, for sure.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4018 on: August 09, 2018, 08:57:32 PM »

Swing and a miss.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #4019 on: August 09, 2018, 10:10:36 PM »

My first and only soft drink choice - Coke Zero is every bit as good as Diet Coke is bad (hate the tinny after taste). My kids give me grief because I drink too much of the stuff.

Only soda I drink. I have a mini fridge in my office that is literally filled with nothing but Coke Zero. I might have a problem.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #4020 on: August 09, 2018, 10:16:09 PM »
Only soda I drink. I have a mini fridge in my office that is literally filled with nothing but Coke Zero. I might have a problem.

If we meet in rehab, I'll be the old guy in the MU sweatshirt.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4021 on: August 09, 2018, 10:23:16 PM »
If we meet in rehab, I'll be the old guy in the MU sweatshirt.

It’s pop not soda, ya fux. But I’m 100% on board with the pro Coke Zero sentiment
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4022 on: August 09, 2018, 11:57:16 PM »
Pop / soda don't drink that crap since high school. Water or some type of alcohol or GTFO!
Goal is National Championship

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4023 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:46 AM »
Pop / soda don't drink that crap since high school. Water or some type of alcohol or GTFO!

Cow > Coke Zero

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #4024 on: August 10, 2018, 12:18:59 AM »

^^^#bandisguy