[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Fox Sports in disarray  (Read 3091 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Fox Sports in disarray
« on: July 03, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »
Don't know if this will have too much impact on Marquette/Big East coverage, but wow ... what a sh*tshow that network has become.

http://awfulannouncing.com/fox/jamie-horowitz-fox-sports.html

DegenerateDish

• All American
Re: Fox Sports in disarray
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »
Shouldn't have much of an impact on MU but this is going to be VERY interesting to see what happened/happens next. Timing is quite odd, unless the allegations are true.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »
Cheeks to fox sports? 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:47:26 PM »
Taught dat wuz ESPN, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 04:03:48 PM »
I want Fox Sports to succeed but I have major, major doubts. I know I'm not the only one.

If one isn't into MMA (and I'm not), FS1 has just about nothing for a fan when it's not college basketball season.

And I'm admittedly biased toward the college basketball they show!  8-) If I weren't a Warrior, I'd probably think that sucks, too!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 06:59:30 PM »
didn't anyone tell him?  hands off holly ;) she woulda kicked the schmit out of him anyway
don't...don't don't don't don't

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »
Hope they kept the receipt on Bayless

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 10:25:05 PM »

If one isn't into MMA (and I'm not), FS1 has just about nothing for a fan when it's not college basketball season.

Huh? This is not true. They carry MLB every Saturday.  NCAA football (Big 12, Pac 12, Big Ten this year).  Soccer soccer soccer.  Golf.  The US Open golf first two rounds were just on a few weeks ago on Fox Sports 1.  Do you not receive this channel?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 06:46:43 PM »
Huh? This is not true. They carry MLB every Saturday.  NCAA football (Big 12, Pac 12, Big Ten this year).  Soccer soccer soccer.  Golf.  The US Open golf first two rounds were just on a few weeks ago on Fox Sports 1.  Do you not receive this channel?

I did watch the U.S. Open; I forgot. Everybody carryies MLB - I think even the Oprah network and Animal Planet. I'm not a big college football fan, so I guess I was projecting myself into this. If I were stranded on an island that got one TV channel, and that channel showed only soccer soccer soccer, I would beat myself over the head with a coconut until I died.

Always nice to chat, chicos.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2017, 06:48:52 PM »
I did watch the U.S. Open; I forgot. Everybody carryies MLB - I think even the Oprah network and Animal Planet. I'm not a big college football fan, so I guess I was projecting myself into this. If I were stranded on an island that got one TV channel, and that channel showed only soccer soccer soccer, I would beat myself over the head with a coconut until I died.

That's hoopaloop to you, 82.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 10:09:10 AM »
To your point 82, I agree that I am surprised that FS1 hasn't been able to leverage all of those expensive rights that Fox bought a bit better. I will literally watch any decent live sports coverage a network can muster (or at least have it on in the background) and I'm left wanting by FS1 a lot of the time. Considering that Fox has at least partial rights to national NFL, CFB, CBB, MLB, Nascar, Golf, and soccer broadcasts, and their affiliates have a large proportion of the local MLB contracts, I would think they would be more effective at parlaying that into having a relevant sports broadcasts every night, but it just doesn't translate. Then again, that is a net positive for MU, because it means that there is a BEast double header at least twice a week.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »

You guys really are making sure that the chicos candles stays lit here forever and ever and ever

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 06:07:55 PM »
To your point 82, I agree that I am surprised that FS1 hasn't been able to leverage all of those expensive rights that Fox bought a bit better. I will literally watch any decent live sports coverage a network can muster (or at least have it on in the background) and I'm left wanting by FS1 a lot of the time. Considering that Fox has at least partial rights to national NFL, CFB, CBB, MLB, Nascar, Golf, and soccer broadcasts, and their affiliates have a large proportion of the local MLB contracts, I would think they would be more effective at parlaying that into having a relevant sports broadcasts every night, but it just doesn't translate. Then again, that is a net positive for MU, because it means that there is a BEast double header at least twice a week.

Great points, MUB. Especially your closing sentence.

Personally, I don't really care about all the other stuff as long as I get to watch all those MU games!

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 08:54:49 PM »
You guys really are making sure that the chicos candles stays lit here forever and ever and ever

Because he keeps coming back after being banned. He lights his own candle.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 03:04:07 PM »
Fox Sports & News is starting to rival the Catholic Church in it corruption and immorality.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
Fox Sports & News is starting to rival the Catholic Church in it corruption and immorality.

Wait a minute, the Big East is predominantly Catholic and Fox Sports broadcasts the Big East...OMG, it all makes sense now!

feedback