* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:19:51 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Politically Incorrect Ads of times gone by.  (Read 5495 times)

mikekinsellaMVP

• Starter
Re: Politically Incorrect Adds of times gone by.
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 04:34:23 PM »
LOL.

On the topic of double entendres, here's a story:

My wife and I honeymooned in Ireland and one city we visited was Galway.  We read our travel book on the train to learn more about the city. It said, "Galway is known for their hookers. Every October the city hosts a renowned hooker festival, where hookers come from all over the world."

Turns out a hooker is a type of boat.  It's a boat festival.

Reminds me of my visit to Boston.  I understand Joseph Hooker was a Civil War hero, but people gotta have some sense of context.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 05:29:00 PM »
As I started reading that, I thought it might be revealing a completely new meaning to "Galway Girl" -- a song on Ed Sheeran's new album.  Don't judge me...I have three teenage daughters.  And anyone familiar with "The A Team" from his first album knows that his songs can have unexpected -- and dark -- meanings.  I said don't judge me.

No teenage daughters here and I love that goofy ginger bastard.  This is a safe place.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »
No teenage daughters here and I love that goofy ginger bastard.  This is a safe place.

Well, now I feel safe enough to say that if my daughters needed a ride to the Sheeran concert, I might be willing to take them.  But only out of a sense of fatherly duty.  And I might or might not be a little disappointed that tickets were sold out so fast that I didn't get an opportunity to make that sacrifice for them.  Don't.  Judge.  Me.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback