[Today at 07:56:19 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: STH Survey  (Read 7312 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: STH Survey
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 03:05:21 PM »
They add new songs every year.  Yes, some of it is old favorites that have gone stale, but when I was in the band we consistently had 5-10 new songs every year.

The problem with modern music is that it doesn't lend itself well to band arrangements.  When it does, someone has to write a decent arrangement (which doesn't always happen).  Then getting the licenses to play the music costs money.

If you have song suggestions, DM me and I'll pass them to people I still know in band.

Wouldn't it be more fun to post them here?

How about some Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats?

How about shamelessly ripping off the only good thing about DePaul Basketball, their pep band, and play some early Chicago songs?

Also, I believe you when you say they learn new songs, but it seems like they play the same ones during game time.  Can't they switch them up a little and play some at the under 8 that they normally play 30 minutes before gametime?
Have some patience, FFS.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 03:39:16 PM »
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I don't really care about the band or the DJ or the giveaways or timeout entertainment or any other non-game action at the BC. I go to Marquette basketball games to watch Marquette basketball. I enjoy the game more when Marquette wins. If Marquette gets back to winning consistently, my "game experience" will be much better.

NWarsh

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2017, 03:41:47 PM »
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I don't really care about the band or the DJ or the giveaways or timeout entertainment or any other non-game action at the BC. I go to Marquette basketball games to watch Marquette basketball. I enjoy the game more when Marquette wins. If Marquette gets back to winning consistently, my "game experience" will be much better.
+1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2017, 03:42:31 PM »

Nailed it.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:50 PM »

+1

I pretty much said the same thing in my survey response.  All of the ancillary "game day" stuff should be secondary to actually watching the game.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2017, 04:04:39 PM »
Marquette has a pro level vibe to it. Friends and family I bring are amazed by the experience, and when you go on road games, you really know how well MU does. Winning is all that, but if that is all there is, it is easy to stay home and watch. The promotions, game giveaways, music, band, students are all about the social aspect of attending in person. You know, having fun with other people.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2017, 04:18:06 PM »

+1000....stop losing at home..period, and my game day experience will be top notch.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
How about some Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats?

How about shamelessly ripping off the only good thing about DePaul Basketball, their pep band, and play some early Chicago songs?

Also, I believe you when you say they learn new songs, but it seems like they play the same ones during game time.  Can't they switch them up a little and play some at the under 8 that they normally play 30 minutes before gametime?

I love both those ideas. 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2017, 06:07:07 PM »
if some of those parachutes and/or shirt rockets would land in the sections of the "unwashed"
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback